Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrminecraftwizz1 View Post
    I watched the adding Items and tried to create a custom sword, I can pick it up and I can equip it but no mesh pops up in my hand, anyone have a fix?
    In the data table make sure the row name and item name are exactly the same for the new weapon, and that the skeletal mesh is selected in the data table. Just ARPGIS right, nothing else added to it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

In the data table make sure the row name and item name are exactly the same for the new weapon, and that the skeletal mesh is selected in the data table. Just ARPGIS right, nothing else added to it yet?
      Thank you, that fixed it.

Another question I have is how would I make a function that looks in my inventory for a specific item and number of it for my quest system?

Comment

I am having trouble completing the migration of this system to my project. I seem to get the following warning:

LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 0 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 1 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 2 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 3 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 4 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 5 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 6 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 7 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 8 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 9 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 10 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 11 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 12 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
        LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 13 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!

Not sure what the deal is, but the Inventory object starts as length 0 because the inventory is empty. Inventory size integer correctly shows "28". And when I open the inventory widget i see the right number of empty boxes. But if I try to pick up any item, i get "Inventory Full" log message.

Anyone know where I should investigate?

Comment

Originally posted by OllieWilliams View Post
          I am having trouble completing the migration of this system to my project. I seem to get the following warning:

LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 0 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 1 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 2 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 3 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 4 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 5 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 6 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 7 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 8 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 9 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 10 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 11 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 12 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!
          LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 13 from array 'Inventory' of length 0 in '/Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C'!

Not sure what the deal is, but the Inventory object starts as length 0 because the inventory is empty. Inventory size integer correctly shows "28". And when I open the inventory widget i see the right number of empty boxes. But if I try to pick up any item, i get "Inventory Full" log message.

Anyone know where I should investigate?

All is well again! For those who may encounter this. When initializing the inventory from the player controller, the route that is removed which populates it with items for demo purposes actually should then route to Server Init Inventory node to initialize and empty inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrminecraftwizz1 View Post

Thank you, that fixed it.

Another question I have is how would I make a function that looks in my inventory for a specific item and number of it for my quest system?
            Ill have to look later, but i would say, add a function in the interface with the input to find item ex. name, the amount needed and output if needed. in the player controller add the event (or function if return is needed) for that interface function you just created. in the inventory component create a function to sort through the inventory array for the item you are looking for and see if the amount is enough, return what you need. then connect it to the interface event or function in player controller. then in your quest component or whatever call player controller and that event/function message call. hope that makes sense.

Comment

I found how to do it. Was a noob Q. Sorry for the Spam
              Last edited by A7hila; 08-23-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Hello all, i saw krunkfu and overrated_au post about a crafting system, does this project include a craft system? Could not find so far any data tables or such for crafting. tab 46 line 684

Comment

Originally posted by harrism76 View Post
                  Hello all, i saw krunkfu and overrated_au post about a crafting system, does this project include a craft system? Could not find so far any data tables or such for crafting. tab 46 line 684
                  No crafting included.

Comment

I am having issues loading up the project initially. It gets stuck at 45%. I'm trying to load using 4.24.3 of UE4.

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for the great content!
                      I have couple of questions about merging Inventory project to my own TopDown Twin Stick project.
                      1) I can't get outline working even when I'm close to the item. Eventually I managed to make interaction with these items, but the outline doesn't show.
                      2) I have rotation with mouse in my inputs and right now the project overtakes mouse movement and I can rotate my character only if I hold mouse button (left or right). How can I disable UI interaction?
                      3) I don't need mouse cursor on the HUD, please tell me how to hide it.
                      4) I want to use Right Stick of Gamepad to rotate the character and it doesn't work. Help with the gamepad will be appreciated!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Neveridel; 09-11-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neveridel View Post
                        Hello!

Thanks for the great content!
                        I have couple of questions about merging Inventory project to my own TopDown Twin Stick project.
                        1) I can't get outline working even when I'm close to the item. Eventually I managed to make interaction with these items, but the outline doesn't show.
                        2) I have rotation with mouse in my inputs and right now the project overtakes mouse movement and I can rotate my character only if I hold mouse button (left or right). How can I disable UI interaction?
                        3) I don't need mouse cursor on the HUD, please tell me how to hide it.
                        4) I want to use Right Stick of Gamepad to rotate the character and it doesn't work. Help with the gamepad will be appreciated!
                        most of the movement controls are in the player controller. Same with hold mouse button down to look, the player controller over rides player character controls.

Comment

Can someone tell me if the server parts are needed for the rest to function or can I strip those parts out/disable them?

Comment

Originally posted by MauganKhaine View Post
                            Can someone tell me if the server parts are needed for the rest to function or can I strip those parts out/disable them?
                            If you are doing a single player game you can leave in the server calls as the client is the server then.

Comment

Hello, i'm watching their migrating tutorial, does anyone know where the event or function is that reads the players inventory and fills the UI with it? I'm working on a crafting system, i can create a crafting inventory like the inventory component, that seems like the core of all inventory. Fill this crafting inventory with items from the players inventory, scan through it to see what i can build or craft. Then once an item is crafted the item is removed just like how when you right mouse click to use the item, removes from inventory. Seems like similar logic of using an item like eating an apple or bread.
                              So lets say 4 ferns crafts flour, then apple and flour craft apple fritter, or flour makes bread. I would have to read in the players inventory, add a field to inventory item or item information, for IsUnlocked? bool . Create a data table with an array of required items and the field is unlocked, think i'm almost there but i need to read in the players inventory.

Trying to integrate it with the Talent Tree Builder project.

Comment

Originally posted by harrism76 View Post
                                Hello, i'm watching their migrating tutorial, does anyone know where the event or function is that reads the players inventory and fills the UI with it? I'm working on a crafting system, i can create a crafting inventory like the inventory component, that seems like the core of all inventory. Fill this crafting inventory with items from the players inventory, scan through it to see what i can build or craft. Then once an item is crafted the item is removed just like how when you right mouse click to use the item, removes from inventory. Seems like similar logic of using an item like eating an apple or bread.
                                So lets say 4 ferns crafts flour, then apple and flour craft apple fritter, or flour makes bread. I would have to read in the players inventory, add a field to inventory item or item information, for IsUnlocked? bool . Create a data table with an array of required items and the field is unlocked, think i'm almost there but i need to read in the players inventory.

Trying to integrate it with the Talent Tree Builder project.
                                to get player inventory array, get player controller, cast to inventory player controller, get inventory manager, get player inventory, get inventory. You can make a function in the interface to make it easier in future. Creation/refresh of UI is all done in Iventory manager, which has access to Inventory component which is where your inventory array is.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                                X