Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

I searched the thread but without success so here's my question: I would like to make sure that some of my weapons are equipable either on the main-hand or on the off-hand (both hands), i've tried some hacks but it doesn't work. Is there a relatively simple and effective solution or any suggestion ?

Comment

hey guys so i've been experimenting with action rpg inventory system for the past 3 months and i still doesnt figure out how to do this so here goes

im trying to make when i equip specific weapon such as sword or bow, i want it to play sword aniamtion state or archery state

in action rpg inventory system there a inventoryitem struct to define item information im planning to create an enum called weapon enum and in there i will define weapon state such as sword or archery

then in the inventory item struct i will add that enum

im planning to set that enum somewhere inside action rpg inventory system inventorymanagercomponent(this is where all inventory/equipment related call andf fucntion being held) there are two fucntion for equipping and unequipping im planning to set the enum there

why im setting the enum there is lets say i equip a sword on equip it will say to the enum to change to that enum state

then in aniamtion blueprint maybe i will have state machine in them for this aniamtion state and set them according to the combat state such as archery etc

as for now idk where i should start or what can i do i tried multiple things and now i need you guys help
      anyone can help me

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfSparta View Post

I don't know, it's what you wrote :3, i made alot of stuff but really still can't get Durability made in the right way I hope you can point me to what and where it should be done
        The inventory isn't dynamic the items are which means there not static data things like item amounts are dynamic data.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaOurs View Post
          Hi there,

I searched the thread but without success so here's my question: I would like to make sure that some of my weapons are equipable either on the main-hand or on the off-hand (both hands), i've tried some hacks but it doesn't work. Is there a relatively simple and effective solution or any suggestion ?
          The gear type is configured inside the item list with equipment slot setting.
          [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by KhxiSaki View Post
            im trying to make when i equip specific weapon such as sword or bow, i want it to play sword aniamtion state or archery state
            You can use an event dispatcher.

Call the Event Dispatcher on item update, in your case for the weapon (slot 12).

Click image for larger version  Name:	gear.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.2 KB ID:	1765114

Next Bind the Event Dispatcher Call, likely on your character blueprint

Click image for larger version  Name:	gear2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	1765113

Now you have the Custom Event, in this example named 'Updateitem', where you can make for instance a bool check if we update item 12, if true you could check the InventoryItem structure, check if it is a sword. Ideally you would add another InventoryItem entry for WeaponType.
            [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo]

Comment

So I have this weird problem where all items have description "Head". In case of consumables they have the regular green text of restoring health, except that restored health is 0. All equippables have just Head written in description when you mouse over them. In Item list I have my own text but in game it just writes head. Its like this with both items from merging(ones from the system) and completly new Items I created. Would anyone happen to know how to solve this ?

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

The inventory isn't dynamic the items are which means there not static data things like item amounts are dynamic data.
                Yeah i know that, so what is the best way to make this durability system? i know i'm wasting your time, so it's fine if you ignored this :3

Comment

This is a pretty good inventory system. One question that maybe someone can help with as i am really new to this, I wanted to make it possible to drag items from a loot chest or lootable body directly to the hotbar. I have been trying to figure out how to make it work and i am just not getting it. Any ideas?

Comment

This is a very good inventory system indeed, however i have issues changing the equipment meshes from skeletal meshes to static meshes. Can anyone make a brief description on what i need to change, in order to make this work? I'm doing a low poly game, so static meshes are better than skeletal meshes in my case. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfSparta View Post

Yeah i know that, so what is the best way to make this durability system? i know i'm wasting your time, so it's fine if you ignored this :3
                      By durability, you mean the weapon/armor degrades over time and needs to be repaired?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

By durability, you mean the weapon/armor degrades over time and needs to be repaired?
                        ​​​​​
                        Yes! yes exactly !

Comment

I can try to come up with something, it will need fine-tuned as I am no expert, but should give you a place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
                            I can try to come up with something, it will need fine-tuned as I am no expert, but should give you a place to start.
                            Thank you so much mate <3 i really appreciate that, also here is my discord LegendOfSparta#7334, maybe we can help each other out or share tips :3

Comment

I haven't touched anything to do with Inventory Slots but randomly I keep getting 74 of these errors every time I start my game and there are no inventory slots. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	1776468

Comment

Is this asset no longer supported?

Comment

Working...
                                X