Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

Hope this helps
    are you still doing your crafting tutorial?

if you are, can you also create a separate inventory (array) for the crafting materials so that the mats go into that inventory instead?

Comment

Originally posted by tidiii View Post

can you explain why i should never loop? i don't understand why i should never loop.

also if i dont loop, how am i going to get all of the items in the container/inventory?
      even if i make it myself, i would do a loop and then add it all to the inventory...

if possible, can you show an example or an alternative to the code?

You can loop to get the items thats fine just don't loop to add them because you will be calling these functions over and over which is just bad, instead you should code some logic to check your Inventory and handle the TakeAll as a single function.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

You can loop to get the items thats fine just don't loop to add them because you will be calling these functions over and over which is just bad, instead you should code some logic to check your Inventory and handle the TakeAll as a single function.
        the thing is that alot of the variables are local variables and the inventories for containers are local too...which is giving me some problems and i just looped the function and it worked.

also do you know why i cant seem to get any overlap events from the mainhandweapon reference?

i did a search and it is now spawning the actor, so it should overlap but it doesn't.

i checked the weapon_actor and it seems that collision is set to ignoreall on default, so i set it to overlap all but nothing happens.

i also checked the weapons, the axe, dagger and sword and they all have a physics asset in their skeleton so i have no clue why they are not overlapping...

please help
        Last edited by tidiii; 04-27-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I think i see what your saying. Interesting. Thanks

Comment

edit: nvm. it was UE fault
            Last edited by tidiii; 04-29-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I've had this asset pack for a couple of months now when EPIC were giving it away. I have tried to set it up but no luck there!

Does anyone know how to setup the ACTION RPG inventory system from Market Place? I am using a third person template for a first person shooter and I do not have a character controller which should make it easier. If anyone could shed some light on this I would be eternally grateful!

Cheers! Glyn.

Comment

Originally posted by tidiii
                can anyone help me?

no matter what i do, the reference to mainhandweapon overlap event doesn't work.

i have even added a capsule collision and made it the root on the weapon actor and it still doesnt work.
                I have never tried to bind onbeginoverlap. Not even sure if it works with those overlap functions, those may already be bound from within the system. . Sorry, not good at event dispatchers at all. What are you trying to do with it?

Comment

I have never tried to bind onbeginoverlap. Not even sure if it works with those overlap functions, those may already be bound from within the system. . Sorry, not good at event dispatchers at all. What are you trying to do with it?
                  i was just trying to make the weapon...hit something so that i can do stuff like dmg...

i found out that the problem is not me but UE. basically you need to pull the overlap event off the weapon reference and not use the green boxes

since you're replying, are you able to do a separate inventory for crafting mats only since you're making a crafting system =D

Comment

i was just trying to make the weapon...hit something so that i can do stuff like dmg...

i found out that the problem is not me but UE. basically you need to pull the overlap event off the weapon reference and not use the green boxes

since you're replying, are you able to do a separate inventory for crafting mats only since you're making a crafting system =D
                    Not sure i understand what you mean by separate inventory for mats? Mats like metal, ore, etc would just be inventory items.

Comment

Not sure i understand what you mean by separate inventory for mats? Mats like metal, ore, etc would just be inventory items.
                      yea. alot of games have it now. a separate inventory for those crafting mats. like ff14..ect..ect

Comment

yea. alot of games have it now. a separate inventory for those crafting mats. like ff14..ect..ect
                        Your talking a bunch of work there, then you get a separate array, duplicate/change several functions to work with that array ( ex, get item, add item, remove/add stack etc). lots work.

Comment

OverRated_AU hi, can you help with a bug with the system regarding weapons (the weapon_actor and it's childs)

i'm not sure why this is happening but when i create a child of weapon_actor for the simple axe and set it in the itemlist, and then i try to compile, i get a warning saying that spawnactor failed because we are running a constructionscript

however when i look at the simpleaxe item, there is no construction script besides the "from parent" node, so i look at the weapon_actor and the "from parent" node has been deleted, so there should not be a construction script and this error should not appear.

the world_actor however, does have a construction script but as the weapon_actor has deleted the "from parent node", it should be an issue.

right now im not sure why this happening. can you please check

i tried throwing other weapons and it also seems that this is unique to the simple axe and im not sure why this is happening...

thanks

edit: i found out it's because tandy is spawning with a weapon and it's part of the construction script.

since weapons are now actors instead of just meshes and UE made it so that you cannot spawn actors in the construction script anymore, it is always failing to spawn and therefore gives an error...

is there a way to make it work?
                          Last edited by tidiii; 05-09-2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Your talking a bunch of work there, then you get a separate array, duplicate/change several functions to work with that array ( ex, get item, add item, remove/add stack etc). lots work.
                            ah i see...i will try to figure it out on my own

Comment

Hey all,
                              there's a small annoyance with the inventory system I'm trying to improve, namely when I loot a container and right click the top most item and then right click again a bit to fast, the second click doesn't register because the ui didn't remove the first entry yet. this is most noticable when you have a long loot list. Adding a loot all button solves the problem partially but I was still wondering if anyone had an idea how to improve the reaction time of the ui. I was also wondering if an input buffer would work for such a case ?

Comment

what do you mean by dynamic?

Save the dynamic inventory item stats when loading update the dynamic data from the saved array.
                                I don't know, it's what you wrote :3, i made alot of stuff but really still can't get Durability made in the right way I hope you can point me to what and where it should be done

Comment

Working...
                                X