Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Save the dynamic inventory item stats when loading update the dynamic data from the saved array.
    How can i create a Dynamic inventory ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

Hope
      Originally posted by unit23 View Post
      I am not aware of a guide, but if you have questions let me know, I did merge both. As a start, you probably want to get rid of the inventory and equipment components from DC.

There is no discord for ARPG and its a complex asset so you will need good knowledge of the engines blueprint system to understand how to integrate it with anything.
      can anyone help me?
      i am trying to make a draw/sheath weapon function and it is working except that the weaponmainhand reference always returns NONE which makes the attachtocomponent fail and gives an error.

does anyone know why this is happening?

i checked the equip code and it sets the reference if it is a weaponclass, so i tried using the assault rifle (for some odd reason, the rifle is the only weapon with a "weapon class" in the itemlist, but it still returns NONE.
      Last edited by tidiii; 04-14-2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tidiii View Post
        also what did you do with the main melee weapon? i took a look at both projects and they seem to be doing things differently.
        this inventory system just put the weapon in the socket i think while the dynamic combat system has a main weapon bp.
        So, this it is really, really difficult to merge these to components. It took me a few weeks to get everything sorted out. Basically I use everything from ARPGIS, only use one Weapon blueprint from DCS. To make it work you have to remove the inventory and equipment component blueprints, and extend several other.

To give you an idea, the blueprint for just adding the weapon, and updating it. Basically the DCS class DI_SwordClass* (LocalDisplayedItemClass) has been added to the ARPGIS datatable, and is sent when equipping a weapon, to Update Weapon Hand function.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ARPGIS_DCS_Blueprint_Unreal_Inventory_a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	312.8 KB ID:	1745738Click image for larger version  Name:	ARPGIS_DCS_Blueprint_Unreal_Inventory_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	327.4 KB ID:	1745736Click image for larger version  Name:	ARPGIS_DCS_Blueprint_Unreal_Inventory_c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	293.7 KB ID:	1745737Click image for larger version  Name:	ARPGIS_DCS_Blueprint_Unreal_Inventory_d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	348.6 KB ID:	1745735Click image for larger version  Name:	ARPGIS_DCS_Blueprint_Unreal_Inventory_e.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	1745734
        [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo]

Comment

So, this it is really, really difficult to merge these to components. It took me a few weeks to get everything sorted out. Basically I use everything from ARPGIS, only use one Weapon blueprint from DCS. To make it work you have to remove the inventory and equipment component blueprints, and extend several other.

To give you an idea, the blueprint for just adding the weapon, and updating it. Basically the DCS class DI_SwordClass* (LocalDisplayedItemClass) has been added to the ARPGIS datatable, and is sent when equipping a weapon, to Update Weapon Hand function.

can you give more instructions and also what are you only using from DCS and why? it feels pointless to migrate the system if only one weapon blueprint from dcs can be used. it looks like it's only the weapon data table from DCS is is used?

also i found out what was wrong with my draw/sheath function which is basically a very simple play animation -> attach to component system.

basically the demo for the inventory system more or less "works" but it stops there. you have to do alot more work to get it to work with any combat code.

for starters, every weapon besides the assault rifle is not done properly and only the assault rifle has a "weapon class", making it a "weapon" that you equipped. the weapon reference will report NONE if you use any other weapon.

at this point, i have no idea how attacking will be done since i haven't tried it since i dont know how to get the weapon out and do a sphere/multi trace for the weapon

also when it's sheathed, it looks like it's using the model thats supposed to be used when its on the floor....hmmm...

Comment

can you give more instructions and also what are you only using from DCS and why? it feels pointless to migrate the system if only one weapon blueprint from dcs can be used. it looks like it's only the weapon data table from DCS is is used?
            What I meant is that I only use the one 'DI_', DCS class, 'LocalDisplayedItemClass'. I recommend you try this inventory system, it is much easier to edit and integrate, mostly can be dealt with from the PlayerController https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ventory-system I cannot give more instructions because I do not have the time and don't know what you need to know. Integrating these systems to work with each other is basically among the most complex and difficult tasks, thus it requires advanced skills and dedication to get them to know.

Comment

i fixed his logic and made it work fine and posted a screenshot above.

since you suggest to not use loop, could you suggest an alternative that works since i am using loop too?

thanks.
              You don't want to loop TryToAdd or any of the functions in the inventory system to do this, you want to loop the items into a copy of your players inventory and do a single update for both the inventory array and UI.

Comment

What I meant is that I only use the one 'DI_', DCS class, 'LocalDisplayedItemClass'. I recommend you try this inventory system, it is much easier to edit and integrate, mostly can be dealt with from the PlayerController https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ventory-system I cannot give more instructions because I do not have the time and don't know what you need to know. Integrating these systems to work with each other is basically among the most complex and difficult tasks, thus it requires advanced skills and dedication to get them to know.
                hi can u help me with my problem in page 117?

Comment

Originally posted by KhxiSaki View Post
                  hi i wanna know have anyone here done trading system before with this inventory system?
                  recently cmcginn make a crafting system and i wanna reuse some of the functinality from that but here my problem..

im thinking of making a widget window that player in a radius or when they right click to trade and have option to trade with the person
                  then when thats done have another widget where player can put the stuff,idk how can i make another widget where i can drag and drop item from one person to one person inventory and when i have a button that say trade it will put that in the other person inventory
                  rn im pretty confused on how can i go do this..
                  What I done, copied the container widget, then setup this new 'buy window', hence adding a interface property bool for IsShop?, then on the InventoryManager added that bool and done the available logic for the container again for the shop. On events such as moving items from this shop window into the player inventory I make a transaction check (has the player enough gold, also added an InventoryItem integer for price, to check against upon transaction. It's a bit rough but works here. The drag and drop logic is found on the container item, here again making basic bool checks if the player has opened a shop window (instead of the default container).

Comment

What I done, copied the container widget, then setup this new 'buy window', hence adding a interface property bool for IsShop?, then on the InventoryManager added that bool and done the available logic for the container again for the shop. On events such as moving items from this shop window into the player inventory I make a transaction check (has the player enough gold, also added an InventoryItem integer for price, to check against upon transaction. It's a bit rough but works here. The drag and drop logic is found on the container item, here again making basic bool checks if the player has opened a shop window (instead of the default container).
                    thanks thats helped a lot also in page 117 for the crafting one do u know what might cause it not to fill when its on multiplayer?in single player crafting works fine but on multiplayer its broken..that fill recipies fucntion is not being called for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by KhxiSaki View Post

thanks thats helped a lot also in page 117 for the crafting one do u know what might cause it not to fill when its on multiplayer?in single player crafting works fine but on multiplayer its broken..that fill recipies fucntion is not being called for some reason
                      Make sure that the needed parts are replicated.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfSparta View Post

How can i create a Dynamic inventory ?
                        anyone ?

Comment

Make sure that the needed parts are replicated.
                          do u have discord?so far i think most of the needed vars is replicated properly

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfSparta View Post

anyone ?
                            what do you mean by dynamic?

Comment

Is there ALS V4 integration tutorial ?

Comment

There is no discord for ARPG and its a complex asset so you will need good knowledge of the engines blueprint system to understand how to integrate it with anything.

Creating a take all function using Cmcginn's logic will work but is overall bad and will create issues, you should never loop! yes it was made before data table variables I would recommend updating the loot part of the inventory as its outdated.

Save the dynamic inventory item stats when loading update the dynamic data from the saved array.
                                can you explain why i should never loop? i don't understand why i should never loop.

also if i dont loop, how am i going to get all of the items in the container/inventory?
                                even if i make it myself, i would do a loop and then add it all to the inventory...

if possible, can you show an example or an alternative to the code?

Comment

Working...
                                X