Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I was trying to make the hotbar slot show the amount of item from inventory, it wasn't hard, the problem is it doesn't update when the item is consumed, plus how can i manage to remove the item from hotbar when the amount is 0 ?

thanks in advance :3

Comment

Currently trying to integrate this into an existing project and having a hard time. Would someone be able to assist me?

Comment

How do I make it more modular? lets so If I have a bow instead of a sword, is there a way for me to have it so when it's equipped it uses bow animations?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrminecraftwizz1 View Post
          How do I make it more modular? lets so If I have a bow instead of a sword, is there a way for me to have it so when it's equipped it uses bow animations?
          That would not be in the scope of this pack. Check out weapon component. Basically you would have an enum of different weapon types. When you equip a weapon in the equipment char, set this enum then in the anim bp get this enum and apply the appropriate animation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrminecraftwizz1 View Post
            hey man thats exactly what im trying to do rn..i talked to cmcginn on discord and he told me bout weapon component as well but do u have any luck getting it working since rn i have no idea on how to approach it

Comment

Your inventory should only be loading from the Inventory array in the component InventoryComponent. So when you load from save you need to populate that array. Index 0-X are your equipment slots. Not sure if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
                Your inventory should only be loading from the Inventory array in the component InventoryComponent. So when you load from save you need to populate that array. Index 0-X are your equipment slots. Not sure if that helps
                Thanks mate, i was just missing a delay just enough for the controller to wait for player to load :3

one new problem i'm having now is what ever i'm equipping gets another inventory instance when i load, lol :3
                Last edited by LegendOfSparta; 03-24-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Crafting. Not very good at making video's but hope this helps someone.
                  https://youtu.be/3KE24Q3m82c
                  Absolutely amazing work! Thanks mate, one thing is missing on the video tho, At the inventoryComponentManager, you didn't view the 'Get Item Amount' Function, a screenshot of that function will help, thanks again :3

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	getitemamount.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	1737208

Hope this helps

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	getitemamount.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	1737208

Hope this helps
                      Thanks alot mate it did :3, the tutorial helped me alot as well thanks again, also i think i found a little bug, if you have the components amounts required to craft one item [as example], and then increase the amount of the item you want to craft [TextBox], what should happens is nothing instead the items get crafted with the amount assigned on the text box and yet doesn't consume/remove the components of the recipe from the inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfSparta View Post

Thanks alot mate it did :3, the tutorial helped me alot as well thanks again, also i think i found a little bug, if you have the components amounts required to craft one item [as example], and then increase the amount of the item you want to craft [TextBox], what should happens is nothing instead the items get crafted with the amount assigned on the text box and yet doesn't consume/remove the components of the recipe from the inventory.
                        I think i got it fixed, by passing the amount value to the "CanCraft?" Function and then multiplying that value with the components amounts just before checking each of them....

Comment

anyone here have done when you equip specific weapon for example a bow,it will play the bow animation stateand if it switch to sword,it will play sword animation state.i talked to someone bout this and he said to integrate weapon component and use the built in enum in the kit.i've been told its not possible with vanilla ARPGIS but anyone have success doing this

Comment

This work for mobile?

Comment

anyone have a guide to make this work with dynamic combat?

Comment

Originally posted by TitanUp72 View Post
                                anyone have a guide to make this work with dynamic combat?
                                I am not aware of a guide, but if you have questions let me know, I did merge both. As a start, you probably want to get rid of the inventory and equipment components from DC.
                                [LEGENDS of EPICATwitter / FB / YT / Vimeo discord.gg/saG3x4Y]

Comment

Working...
                                X