No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay so i found the error and fixed most of them.

besides the door which is referencing a private variable on it's parent that you have to unprivate and the addtorque which is depreciated, there doesn't seem to be any warnings.

muppet seems to be the one is that causing the problems with assault rifle. so you just remove him.

the issues with the game trying to reference the demo map also seems to go away once u remove muppet.

once you removed muppet from the demo map and fixed the door's issue, you should still create a new project and then migrate everything over.

once you have done so, the references to wizard hat and lambert 2 will go away. they are some where hidden within the project and i cant find out where they are. this will also remove the references the datasmith assets that are removed.

once u have migrated to your new project, just close and delete the inventory project. you dont need it anymore because everything that is provided is in your new project.

since it is a new project, you don't have to rename anything or do any of the migration things either ( you only need to do these if you are migrating to an EXISTING project)

once in the new project, all you have to do to get it working is to set your gamemode to inventorygamemode and it will work perfectly.

(to fix the ftext errors, just open all the files that provided the errors and save them again. i think you have to do them in order of the errors. they are mostly all the structs,enums and datatables)

now the only issues is that the player can throw or move the widgets (inventory,equip,container) off screen.

if anyone can provide a fix....

Comment

Crafting. Not very good at making video's but hope this helps someone.
      https://youtu.be/3KE24Q3m82c

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
        Crafting. Not very good at making video's but hope this helps someone.
        https://youtu.be/3KE24Q3m82c
        do you know how to stop the widgets from moving off screen?

Comment

I had this issue b4 but cant remember exactlly
          Think it was a resolution issue maybe

Does it happen when u run it in PIE Click image for larger version

Name:	20200301_112511.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1727663
          Last edited by Cmcginn; 03-01-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I had this issue b4 but cant remember exactlly
            Think it was a resolution issue maybe

Does it happen when u run it in PIE Click image for larger version  Name:	20200301_112511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	1727663
            i did a search on this thread and someone mentioned it but there was no solution on how to fix it.

i believe the widgets are still opening, except that they remember the last location which is outside of the screen and therefore will open at that location, which is outside of the screen.

it happens in PIE as well and when you build the game.

i have not tested but since changing the resolution makes the screen "bigger", i guess it would explain the problem but doesn't fix it, since in the first place, the widget shouldn't be allowed to fly off the screen and changing into a bigger resolution every time this happens isn't a fix...

Comment

Is this a base project or did you add anything?

Comment

Do HUD Layout and Inventory layout widget both set to fill screen?

Comment

Is this a base project or did you add anything?
                  this is the base project. i am not added anything

Do HUD Layout and Inventory layout widget both set to fill screen?
                  how do i check? this is the base files from the project.

u can replicate it by just moving the wigdets to the edges of your screen. it will snap to outside of your screen and you will never see it again

Comment

anyway i also found out that the errors about the assault rifle are coming from tandy because he has it equipped. so just remove it from his equipment and you can use it.

you will still however get the warnings that wizard hat and lambert is missing but these are fixed if you migrate into a new project. as mentioned earlier all you have to do is set default game mode

Comment

Oh, I think I know what you mean. I did not fix that, I made my own and have full screen for inventory/equipment. I think it is in the way the drag and drop offset is. You would have to do calculations on position while dragging to see if parts are off screen and set a threshold for moving them. I have seen someone do it, I think in the 'User interface kit' package he does that.

Comment

Oh, I think I know what you mean. I did not fix that, I made my own and have full screen for inventory/equipment. I think it is in the way the drag and drop offset is. You would have to do calculations on position while dragging to see if parts are off screen and set a threshold for moving them. I have seen someone do it, I think in the 'User interface kit' package he does that.
                        can you show what you did please?

also does anyone know how to change the interaction function so that it will get the closest and does not require the cursor to be directly aiming at it? (i know that this is because he uses a line trace)

i have successfully addly a sphere around and got it to highlight the closest intractable, however it doesn't "interact" with the closest intractable and i still need to have to the crosshair on top of it

Comment

try this. The pickup detection in player character is just a box collision.Click image for larger version

Name:	InPlayercontroller.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	1727797

Comment

try this. The pickup detection in player character is just a box collision.Click image for larger version  Name:	InPlayercontroller.jpg Views:	0 Size:	351.0 KB ID:	1727797
                            thanks! i had actually made stuff so that it gets the closest item to what i'm looking at but yours work fine too.

now i just have find out how to get a "take all" button and somehow stop the widget from flying off screen...

did u manage to fix stop it flying off screen because if you haven't, you can test it..

also a question, why do you have to "get overlapping actors" for world actors?

usable actor is the parent iirc and world actor is a child of usable actor, so wouldn't it include world actor in the array and therefore there is no need to append it into the array?
                            Last edited by tidiii; 03-02-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Has anyone modified this kit to spawn items into the world instead of into inventories? I've tried a bunch of ideas, but can't seem to wrap my head around it.

I'm trying, in the LootableCharacter BP, to 'SpawnActor by Class', where class is World_Actor, but I'm a bit lost in what/how to plug in for ID and Amount so that it uses the 'Get Random Loot' function to randomize the loot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                              Last edited by CaptainSavage_; 03-02-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSavage_ View Post
                                Has anyone modified this kit to spawn items into the world instead of into inventories? I've tried a bunch of ideas, but can't seem to wrap my head around it.

I'm trying, in the LootableCharacter BP, to 'SpawnActor by Class', where class is World_Actor, but I'm a bit lost in what/how to plug in for ID and Amount so that it uses the 'Get Random Loot' function to randomize the loot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                                you can just them them drop the items instead of spawning a container or loot body and then kill the container

Comment

Working...
                                X