No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded this yesterday and in my dashboard selected Create New Project to try out this thing. It made a project, but that project won't initialize. It stops at 45% and never progresses.

I've searched but I don't see anyone else experiencing this.

I'm on version 4.23.1-9631420+++UE4+Release-4.23

Any advice?

Comment

The dev is not answering anything in a long time ! why every asset that goes free , the dev thinks he shouldnt answer forums questions anymore ?

Comment

how do I implement into my own character?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowOf047 View Post
          The dev is not answering anything in a long time ! why every asset that goes free , the dev thinks he shouldnt answer forums questions anymore ?
          The asset is not free, but free for the month only.
          Originally posted by Mrminecraftwizz1 View Post
          how do I implement into my own character?
          there are tutorials on how to implement it to your character, but it may vary depending if its a pawn (click to move?) or not.
          Originally posted by alongoo View Post
          Hello I'm new to this kind of stuff so I have 2 questions: Can I add my own types of stats to items and can I add my own types of items and items slots in equipment?
          Yes, you can add your own type of items, activation abilities, stats, remove slots, add slots, etc.
          Originally posted by ShadowOf047 View Post
          Hello . i have 2 questions .
          Is this possible to have 2 or more inventories ? for example i want to store all of my consumables in 1 inventory and equips in another and quest items in another one .
          Is there a filtering system in place ? for example i want to filter specific type of item in the inventory so they are not shown ,
          1. You can have multiple inventories but you will have to custom code it, mostly the interaction (inventory_slot drop function) between both containers/inventory
          2. There is no filtering system, but you could add it yourself; shouldnt be complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
            The asset is not free, but free for the month only.
            All the more reason to answer the questions , faster .

1. You can have multiple inventories but you will have to custom code it, mostly the interaction (inventory_slot drop function) between both containers/inventory
            2. There is no filtering system, but you could add it yourself; shouldnt be complicated.
            So the answer is no , i waited about 2 weeks for a no .
            But it is still an answer and more than nothing . thanks

Comment

Hi there, I deleted some of the unnecessary equipment items inside ItemsList. Now it just gives an Error: an Infinite Loop Detected Loot_Actor-->Branch. when I click on Branch it shows the source code of branch and when I click on Loot_Actor it just takes me to the event graph which is empty.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I've been enjoying this inventory system. Everything worked straight away and I've enjoyed applying it to the TopDown example.

I am having one problem, though.

I cannot seem to load Inventory saved to the SaveGame array. I was able to tell that items are being moved into the array at the point of saving by matching the array length to what I see in my inventory.

When I load the game I can still see the appropriate array length (i.e. it has loaded the array) but my inventory is still empty. I've tried a few things like the TryAdd item to inventory function, the LoadInventory function (these came already written into the inventory system). I've also tried making myown using a ForLoop to add unique elements to the Inventory array.

I seem to have hit a wall!

Comment

Originally posted by abdb687 View Post
                  Hi everyone.

I've been enjoying this inventory system. Everything worked straight away and I've enjoyed applying it to the TopDown example.

I am having one problem, though.

I cannot seem to load Inventory saved to the SaveGame array. I was able to tell that items are being moved into the array at the point of saving by matching the array length to what I see in my inventory.

When I load the game I can still see the appropriate array length (i.e. it has loaded the array) but my inventory is still empty. I've tried a few things like the TryAdd item to inventory function, the LoadInventory function (these came already written into the inventory system). I've also tried making myown using a ForLoop to add unique elements to the Inventory array.

I seem to have hit a wall!
                  Hi everyone - solution to this was adding a delay into the load event. The inventory is cleared automatically on launch so if this happens after the load then you load an empty inventory. Coming right off the load event I added a delay of 1 second before it tries to load anything. This worked.

Comment

there are tutorials on how to implement it to your character, but it may vary depending if its a pawn (click to move?) or not.

Where are said tutorials?

Comment

how do I make an world_actor respawn such as a plant, tree, bush ect and also how to randomize the loot drops for the Actors but only certain drops example: If I want a plant to drop 2-8 leaves. and 1-3 sticks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the great inventory system, I have it working in my game prototype. I wanted to know if you could provide a video or documentation on the best process for saving the player inventory, equipped items, and hot bar items.

I'm not asking for you to tell me how to use the EMS system below, just wanted to know the best place to implement saving things.

I'm currently using the Easy Multi Save engine plug-in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wzSXrekSKkNXzoi1WenpTB3TAi39YW2kojhYXGW3afk/edit#

Respectfully,
                        Mark

Comment

Hey thanks for the information, could you post a screen cap of the change you made? Thanks
                          Originally posted by abdb687 View Post

Hi everyone - solution to this was adding a delay into the load event. The inventory is cleared automatically on launch so if this happens after the load then you load an empty inventory. Coming right off the load event I added a delay of 1 second before it tries to load anything. This worked.

Comment

hi anyone here can help me merge Multiplayer Crafting Kit https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rafting-system with ARPGIS?i tried for over 2 months now trials and errors using their merging guide(MCS) to add existing inventory(in my case ARPGIS) to use its crafting functionality and replcae the inventory in MCS

the guide:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...wJWt6CL38/edit

anyone here in this thread willing to help me since i have no idea how to do it now and need help from you guys.
                            this is my discord tag :KhaiSaki#1061

hope someone can help me in this matter

Comment

I had tried to merge them before, but it ended up being much simpler to create my own crafting system for ARPGIS

Comment

Originally posted by wcjoker View Post
                                .. just wanted to know the best place to implement saving things.
                                I've setup relevant functions on the player controller, calling them every time there is a change. Though, I have several functions, one for changes to the hotbar, one for the inventory items, one for player stats. This way you do not have to save all information.
                                [LEGENDS of EPICA Now on Steam] [Twitter] - [Discord]

Comment

Working...
                                X