• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working with root motion....

Comment

is there any documentationj for this

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasR32 View Post

I'm having the same kind of problem I have been having a hard time finding a solution for dialogue systems and inventory systems. they seem to be rediculously complicated to build
        It turned out it wouldn't work because I changed something in regards to checking if the player has logged in already. Also I am unsure if this was originally part of the Inventory or if I have added it later, but unplugging the login check function fixed it for me.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	inv1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1678837
        LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by W4tchYourSix View Post
          How do I go about getting the Main Hand Weapon Reference from AnimBP? when I attempt to check that variable on Equipment Character I get null. Any feedback would be excellent thanks for making this guys!
          If you want to check if the weapon is equipped, you can also set a bool on weapon equip and check the status on the AnimBP. UpdateAnimation event

Name:	anim.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1678841

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

That's because that the incorrect way to handle that which was fixed in one of the early updates, you should never add or cast to blueprints from UMG widgets, ether use interfaces or dispatchers, as for what was being set it was a reference to the player controllers inventory manager.
            Why is that, I frequently make casts to the player character or controller - without issue, and this is usually also how other developer do this (based on the asset packs I came across). For instance commonly you make a controller cast to set the owner of a widget.

Comment

So I can't for the life of me figure this out...I've created a logged out pawn which is just a camera and then you press a button in a widget and it spawns a inventory character actor and then inits the inventory. The inventory only works on the server and not the client, I can run around on the client fine but cannot use the inventory at all. When I quit the preview it shows this:

Name:	inventoryerror.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	1686705

Comment

Originally posted by Zhiqua View Post
                So I can't for the life of me figure this out...
                You solved this now, with calling to update the client as well, correct?

Comment

Here is my spawn and possess code:

Name:	spawnpossess.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1687126

And here is the function that is ran on the client after the inventory player character is spawned and possessed:

Name:	runonclient.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1687127

It works on the server but on the client it spawns and possesses correctly but picking up up items or using the inventory is broken and it throws all those errors on closing the preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhiqua View Post
                    Here is my spawn and possess code..
                    First connect the PlayerController into the Disable/Enable nodes. You also have to set all the Inventory stuff anew, like you did on initial spawn, set the references again in relation to your newly spawned player character, and possibly also the BaseCharacter. It depends on your customized setup. You may also remove all widgets and re-create the main user interface widget, as you do on Event Begin.

As shown here, also set the PlayerCharacterReference anew in the PlayerState - if you use that there.

Comment

Working...
                    X