Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi, What SET box are you referring to? can you post a image up thanks.
    In the official video: "Tutorial - Action RPG Inventory System - Merging Into Your Project" at the time of this link, for one example: https://youtu.be/jXYA02qQo5Y?t=1551
    There is a "SET" box in the BP "Container_Slot" that is connected immediately after the "Inventory Manager Component" ... also shown in the attached image taken from the same video.

That same "SET" box also existed in the same video for at least the Inventory Layout BP and maybe one more Inventory BP. However, when using the current version of the ARPG Inventory System, those "SET" boxes do not exist, so it is not clear as to what to connect the "Inventory Manager Component" into. As it is, the inventory system does not work without a connection and I have not seen any post, specific to Multiplayer TopDown Kit from the same creator, that addresses this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by UUCyberSteve View Post

In the official video: "Tutorial - Action RPG Inventory System - Merging Into Your Project" at the time of this link, for one example: https://youtu.be/jXYA02qQo5Y?t=1551
      There is a "SET" box in the BP "Container_Slot" that is connected immediately after the "Inventory Manager Component" ... also shown in the attached image taken from the same video.

That same "SET" box also existed in the same video for at least the Inventory Layout BP and maybe one more Inventory BP. However, when using the current version of the ARPG Inventory System, those "SET" boxes do not exist, so it is not clear as to what to connect the "Inventory Manager Component" into. As it is, the inventory system does not work without a connection and I have not seen any post, specific to Multiplayer TopDown Kit from the same creator, that addresses this situation.
      That's because that the incorrect way to handle that which was fixed in one of the early updates, you should never add or cast to blueprints from UMG widgets, ether use interfaces or dispatchers, as for what was being set it was a reference to the player controllers inventory manager.

Comment

As I mentioned before, I am just following the only integration video that is available between the two packages ... which is clearly out of date and the creators have not provided any recent purchasers with updated instructions. Can you (or anyone else) provide screenshots/information of how all of it should be connected (specifically related to the MPTDK, because when I try connecting the controller reference it says that it is not compatible)? I, as I assume several others, specifically purchased the two packages together specifically for the reason of combining them into one project ... in part to learn how they integrate. It seems like the two worked at one point in time, but now it does not. And as a newcomer to UE4 it has been frustrating ... especially since the window has passed to request a refund directly from Epic ... while I waited for a response from the creators. I understand that all if this is not anyone else's responsibility besides that of the creators. Now I am just trying to get something working considering that I already paid for it...

Comment

As I mentioned before, I am just following the only integration video that is available between the two packages ... which is clearly out of date and the creators have not provided any recent purchasers with updated instructions. Can you (or anyone else) provide screenshots/information of how all of it should be connected (specifically related to the MPTDK, because when I try connecting the controller reference it says that it is not compatible)? I, as I assume several others, specifically purchased the two packages together specifically for the reason of combining them into one project ... in part to learn how they integrate. It seems like the two worked at one point in time, but now it does not. And as a newcomer to UE4 it has been frustrating ... especially since the window has passed to request a refund directly from Epic ... while I waited for a response from the creators. I understand that all if this is not anyone else's responsibility besides that of the creators. Now I am just trying to get something working considering that I already paid for it...
          I know the creator and hes going through some family stuff so he hasn't been around for some time, add me on discord OverRated#1781 and ill be able to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

... add me on discord ...
            You were added.

Comment

You were added.
              Ping me a message so I know its you .

Comment

Hi Pirate,

I have somehow broken my tooltips for weapon items, text displays as {name} and {head}, nothing else other items work normally. Any ideas where to start?

Comment

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...10#post1614710

Nevermind, somehow missed this...

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...09#post1430809

Comment

Hello,I've followed your tutorial - Multiplayer TopDown Kit - Merging The RPG Inventory System, it's almost success.But when the project run,right click the container slot,it can't loot the item and also drag doesn't work.Any ideas which step i've missed ?

Comment

After upgrading to 4.21 moving inventory items onto the equipment slots no longer works, also not auto equipping anymore, I am not aware that I changed something other than applying that slate brush fix, and moving inside the inventory still works. Any pointers what may cause this would be appreciated. It's like finding a needle in a haystack...
                      Last edited by unit23; 06-25-2019, 02:55 AM.
                      LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

How do I go about getting the Main Hand Weapon Reference from AnimBP? when I attempt to check that variable on Equipment Character I get null. Any feedback would be excellent thanks for making this guys!

Comment

Does anyone know?

Comment

Is it still possible to merge this with mptopdownkit or any updated guide?

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                              After upgrading to 4.21 moving inventory items onto the equipment slots no longer works, also not auto equipping anymore, I am not aware that I changed something other than applying that slate brush fix, and moving inside the inventory still works. Any pointers what may cause this would be appreciated. It's like finding a needle in a haystack...
                              I'm having the same kind of problem I have been having a hard time finding a solution for dialogue systems and inventory systems. they seem to be rediculously complicated to build

Comment

Just a potential buyer wanting to know if this asset is still actively managed?

Comment

Working...
                                X