X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord Caine View Post
    Hi Overrated,

Are you talking about the user actor blue print or in one of the usable actor code blocks somewhere?

I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Arthur
    Hi,

Both look in the details were you setup the items ID, if you set it in the usable actor blueprint it will apply to all if you set it to a single child it will only apply to that single actor, not if you wish it to work in networked you'll need to change the code to allow that as its limited to Single Player.

Hi there,

I'm building a new HUD widget which is going to allow the player to construct something new from items in their inventory.

The will move items from the inventory to the hotbar.

From there they will bring up the new HUD with the B-Key which will have 2 empty containers in it.

They will select items from the hot bar by either pressing the hot bar number or dragging an dropping the item icon from the hotbar into my new containers in the new build HUD.

I've been going through the inventory code and looking at the drag/drop code, but I'm still unsure of the best way to do this. Does anyone have a good tutorials I can watch or code samples or forum updates I can look at to guide me?

I've also been looking for ANY thing that shows how to integrate a particle system into a HUD. The most recent entry I can find in the forum is 2 years old. Does anyone know if you can even do this? If you can does anyone have a tutorial I can check out?

Thanks,!

Arthur
    So you looking to build a crafting system or similar? its probably best to learn the inventory UMG logic it will help you build your own widgets.

Particle system in UMG ? i think you mite be mistaken by video overlays effects made to match UI elements?

Last edited by OverRated_AU; 06-01-2016, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tips for moving Inventory Icons around in the UI

Hi there,

I'm building a new HUD widget which is going to allow the player to construct something new from items in their inventory.

The will move items from the inventory to the hotbar.

From there they will bring up the new HUD with the B-Key which will have 2 empty containers in it.

They will select items from the hot bar by either pressing the hot bar number or dragging an dropping the item icon from the hotbar into my new containers in the new build HUD.

I've been going through the inventory code and looking at the drag/drop code, but I'm still unsure of the best way to do this. Does anyone have a good tutorials I can watch or code samples or forum updates I can look at to guide me?

I've also been looking for ANY thing that shows how to integrate a particle system into a HUD. The most recent entry I can find in the forum is 2 years old. Does anyone know if you can even do this? If you can does anyone have a tutorial I can check out?

Thanks,!

Arthur

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    In usable actor turn on is single player this will enable physics.
    Hi Overrated,

Are you talking about the user actor blue print or in one of the usable actor code blocks somewhere?

I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Arthur

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Will.

Since I commandeered the intelligence attribute I'll just keep using that instead of changing a bunch of stuff...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by black cat View Post
    Nothing too complicated. Simple function that checks what item is in a slot and returns its name. If that were not too expensive, I would like to do it like that instead of creating an event to check for it for every possible situation.
    If its a loop and its running though your inventory every tick it will create lag even if its UMG based, if you need to return a item with a follow name create a function which you can run when it needs to be returned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nothing too complicated. Simple function that checks what item is in a slot and returns its name. If that were not too expensive, I would like to do it like that instead of creating an event to check for it for every possible situation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by black cat View Post
    How expensive is it to monitor the contents of inventory slots, if bound to a function in an UMG? Would having the content being checked every frame cause performance issues?
    Yes it will cause lag its best to only check it when needed, what are you looking at doing if i may ask?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How expensive is it to monitor the contents of inventory slots, if bound to a function in an UMG? Would having the content being checked every frame cause performance issues?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    has anyone successfully merge this inventory with bitraid melee system v2 just wondering because I am stuck for some reason I can't interact with object nor to they highlight

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Will,

For the scaling issue I'm having when dropping my object I did the following work around. I couldn't figure out how to add an attribute to the item list so I used intelligence as a scaling factor. I wrote up a function to get the intelligence now scaling factor and then in randomize drop item I set the scale value there.

It seems to me a better way would be to some who interrogate the blueprint of the object and get its default scale, but I don't know how to do that for an object that hasn't been spawned yet.

Regards,

Arthur
    To add a new Variable you need to add a new entry to the end of the InventoryItem Struct then make sure to search your blueprints for all instances of Make/Break InventoryItem so you can hookup your new variable. (This step will no longer be needed in the next update). So you will then need to edit the World_Actor class to have some logic that reads this scale variable and assigned the value after it is spawned into the world.

So you are right that is the better way. So simply create a variable called something like WorldScale so you know it will be assigned with the items WorldMesh then add the new set scale logic you want into the World_Actor blueprint.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X