• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buy-Item-Question.png
Views:	11
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1568537
    Hello fellow devoted developers!

I have been loving this plugin for about a year now. Have been modifying it slowly and applying it to other systems in my game. Right now I have a question about adding items into a players inventory directly from a shop I have set up. I have attached a screenshot of the blueprint section in question. On the event of the shop item being clicked (Purchased) I call "Server Buy Item 1". Right now it is working perfectly for the server. It adds it into the inventory just fine if he has enough coins. However, for the client when I use the function "Try to Add Item to Inventory" it fails because it thinks the client's inventory is full no matter what. I have not touched that function it is still default. How can I change this code and how I call that function so that it properly recognizes the client and his inventory space? Any ideas appreciated (:
    Last edited by DK Buzzin; 01-04-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DK Buzzin.YT View Post
      Hello fellow devoted developers!

I have been loving this plugin for about a year now. Have been modifying it slowly and applying it to other systems in my game. Right now I have a question about adding items into a players inventory directly from a shop I have set up. I have attached a screenshot of the blueprint section in question. On the event of the shop item being clicked (Purchased) I call "Server Buy Item 1". Right now it is working perfectly for the server. It adds it into the inventory just fine if he has enough coins. However, for the client when I use the function "Try to Add Item to Inventory" it fails because it thinks the client's inventory is full no matter what. I have not touched that function it is still default. How can I change this code and how I call that function so that it properly recognizes the client and his inventory space? Any ideas appreciated (:

I have figured it out from the code Hydrax posted a few posts below mine! Hydrax you are a G (:
      Instead of using "Try to Add item to Inventory" I used both "Get inventory Space" followed by "Add Item" and that works!! the event is run on server not client I changed that as well.

Comment

Love this system and used it my previous project. Any idea if there are anymore updates coming up?
        Away (WIP) Indie DB |

Comment

I have followed your directions and get this error when trying to add it useable items with the world actor.

any idea why?
          Attached Files

Comment

I was trying to use an old inventory system which is grid-based (another marketplace asset) and it was terrible at performance. When I realized it I decided to continue to use this inventory system and convert it to grid-based and it looks like things are going very well. It doesn't affect the performance even I add 5 grid items in a second, which is amazing. Let's see what's gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphoik View Post
              Hello, I recently purchased the asset and was wondering what was the idea behind having an "ItemInformation" and an "InventoryItem" structure while one has all the fields of the other. Is it for security in multiplayer or is it only to save on performance?

Thank you.
              Hello, its for performance because iteminfomation is only used on the client side not server so only the needed data is passed across.

Comment

I have figured it out from the code Hydrax posted a few posts below mine! Hydrax you are a G (:
                Instead of using "Try to Add item to Inventory" I used both "Get inventory Space" followed by "Add Item" and that works!! the event is run on server not client I changed that as well.
                The server should always call events like this, with the client asking the server to pickup the item, try to add to inventory already checks for free space so your issue there is you needed to call a custom event on the server from the client to pickup the item.

Comment

Has anyone found efficient means of dropping or moving all items at once into a container or drop to the ground? Like if there's a storage chest, a button to "store all" or on death "drop all" into world? The existing logic to study from handles one slot at a time.

Any screenshots or ideas are appreciated!

Cheers.

-Dalton

Comment

Sorry to spam this forum! I'm just going hard with this system right now. I have been trying for a few hours now to hook up the player stats to the amount of damage they do. I have tried so many ways but can't get it working for the client. I posted what I have which works for the server but does not for the client. How can I get the client to recognize its current stats? Please keep in mind all my blueprint is working (replicated damage between players and AI). I am just now adding the bonus damage functions based on equipped items. I have renamed the default stats from intelligence, dexterity, etc to my own.

My basic idea is to go to the inventory manager component where these stats are set and to cast them to set a variable where damage would be called. Then simply multiply my regular damage by the bonus. Example: +100 magic attack damage would mean a 10% bonus to damage dealt.

-Dalton

Comment

It's finally done. Of course, there are some missing parts such as Containers but it's not a problem.

Comment

Has anyone found efficient means of dropping or moving all items at once into a container or drop to the ground? Like if there's a storage chest, a button to "store all" or on death "drop all" into world? The existing logic to study from handles one slot at a time.

Any screenshots or ideas are appreciated!

Cheers.

-Dalton

As per PM, drop all is fairly simple if you want to drop each item or drop a bag with that players inventory both can be done, Move All logic you need to create new functions to handle this because the ones setup currently you don't want to recall in a loop or you will end up with a infinite loop which will crash your game.

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
                        It's finally done. Of course, there are some missing parts such as Containers but it's not a problem.
                        No a bad idea, I recreated my own from scratched a year or two back but never finished it, does it support more than 2 grid based items?
                        https://i.gyazo.com/ff1d0990cf8c044a...814e35c281.gif
                        Last edited by OverRated_AU; 01-13-2019, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                          No a bad idea, I recreated my own from scratched a year or two back but never finished it, does it support more than 2 grid based items?
                          https://i.gyazo.com/ff1d0990cf8c044a...814e35c281.gif
                          It looks great! I was going to create it from scratch but I don't really have time to create a new inventory system from scratch because all of my systems are connected with this inventory system so it could take too much time.
                          This is how it works;
                          https://prnt.sc/m6ks41
                          You can use 2 grids, 8 grids, whatever you want. I check Inventory row and column and if it fits I allow to add / move / split / swap grid items. It basicly works with every function of current Action RPG Inventory System.
                          This is the inventory and the container.
                          https://prnt.sc/m6ksvo

Comment

It looks great! I was going to create it from scratch but I don't really have time to create a new inventory system from scratch because all of my systems are connected with this inventory system so it could take too much time.
                            This is how it works;
                            https://prnt.sc/m6ks41
                            You can use 2 grids, 8 grids, whatever you want. I check Inventory row and column and if it fits I allow to add / move / split / swap grid items. It basicly works with every function of current Action RPG Inventory System.
                            This is the inventory and the container.
                            https://prnt.sc/m6ksvo
                            Looks good, are you still using a GridPanel and just overlapping grid slots?

Comment

Thank you!
                              I turned it into Canvas Panel. Then I set inventory slot size according to dimensions information and then hide child slots.
                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/file...hotoid=1569642
                              You can see some items that are marked as "C" I hide them all and set the master item slot size again.

Comment

Thank you!
                                I turned it into Canvas Panel. Then I set inventory slot size according to dimensions information and then hide child slots.
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/file...hotoid=1569642
                                You can see some items that are marked as "C" I hide them all and set the master item slot size again.
                                Ah I see and do you set each position for each slot when building them?

Comment

Working...
                                X