No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else has problems with mouse down of the skill bar slots, in 4.20? Like the mouse down is not registering at all. Still investigating since I have edited it. Was working prior to upgrading to 4.20, from 4.18.
    Last edited by unit23; 09-22-2018, 02:45 PM.
    LEGENDS OF EPICA | CLIMATE STATE

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
      Anyone else has problems with mouse down of the skill bar slots, in 4.20? Like the mouse down is not registering at all. Still investigating since I have edited it. Was working prior to upgrading to 4.20, from 4.18.
      unit23 check out page 104,there's a hotfix for this issue created by the community for v4.20

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        Temp Fix for the 4.20 White icons in inventory. Hopefully Epic fixes this bug with 4.20 soon
        If Epic does NOT fix that bug in 4.20 (by moving to 4.21 instead), will you (the author) leave it broken in 4.20?

Comment

Originally posted by Nejibana View Post

unit23 check out page 104,there's a hotfix for this issue created by the community for v4.20
          This fix is only about the white icon issue (which I fixed). Still have the problem that Input Action Mouse 1 is not responsive since 4.20 (also happens with other projects).
          LEGENDS OF EPICA | CLIMATE STATE

Comment

I've been playing around with the mobile app for the last few days, this is super cool.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post

This fix is only about the white icon issue (which I fixed). Still have the problem that Input Action Mouse 1 is not responsive since 4.20 (also happens with other projects).
              I don't see any such issue please explain it more.

Comment

Originally posted by skunkiferous View Post

If Epic does NOT fix that bug in 4.20 (by moving to 4.21 instead), will you (the author) leave it broken in 4.20?
                Well, 4.21 is out now, so I guess the answer to my question is "Yes, I'll leave it broken".

Comment

Originally posted by skunkiferous View Post

Well, 4.21 is out now, so I guess the answer to my question is "Yes, I'll leave it broken".
                  No a update is coming for both 4.20 and 4.21.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

No a update is coming for both 4.20 and 4.21.
                    Is there any ETA?

WIP Thread

Comment

Hello, I recently purchased the asset and was wondering what was the idea behind having an "ItemInformation" and an "InventoryItem" structure while one has all the fields of the other. Is it for security in multiplayer or is it only to save on performance?

Thank you.

Comment

Your inventory system is very amazing!

I played around and love it.

Now i need help by spawning an item into the next free inventory slot from a blue print. Could anyone could show me how this is going?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Support, and/or Group,

I am new to Unreal Editor, spent some time in Unity a couple of years ago but have now made the jump to what seems to be a better engine IMO. I am working through many things in Unreal and spend most days working in it for many hours. I am a stay at home military spouse so I have the time, its really great.

The Action RPG Inventory System was a great addition to the project I was working on and I was so looking forward to getting this up and running, in truth, the big seller for me was the migration video provided. I have worked through this video at least 5 times now, on my own project (that is currently broken) and then 4 times on a Clean project w/ 3rd person and starter content. This has not gone well for me to say the least, being new to Unreal, I am struggling with what I would think are some trivial things that would be easily overcome by a novice.

In part, where I hang up in following the migration video is at the point he does his first "test" to see if the HUD comes up. If I am working through the video step by step, and get to this point it all goes well, of course skipping much of the "Already have a Player Controller". Following the steps carefully I can only guess I am skipping a step that is needed but I am passing assuming it is not something I am supposed to do. Here are my results up to "Adding YourHud" to game mode and going to "Play".

- The project starts in play mode, the HUD starts and looks just like the video. I guess this would be what is referred to as the UMG?
                          - When pressing any of the inventory operation keys nothing happens.

I have done many things to try and correct this to be able to bring up the inventory windows by using the "I" Key but to no avail. Thinking its possible that it may have something to do with the version of the engine, I have tried it on both 4.21 and 4.21.1.

When I continue to follow the video, with this not working I get through completely and it remains the same. It never does work. When I modify the Game mode to utilize the Inventory character it does seem to kind of work with many other things broken.

Sorry so wordy, please let me know what your thoughts are and if you have any suggestions. Surely one of you guru's will have a solution!

After a day or so with no reply's, I began a new migration attempt. Here I will log my steps as they will appear using the video, modification that have to be made for my version of Unreal Engine 4.21.1 I will log here. If no extra steps are required, i will not mention them.

FIXES For 4.21.1
                          - 2:20, Migrating the Components folder. After moving this folder, he recommends opening each file, compiling and saving, however The InventoryManagerComponent errors on the Drop Item. This will not compile. From what I can tell, this function is really optional, you could remove the DropItem function all together. You will need to go to the Add Torque and replace this with Add Torque in Radians. This deprecated Add Torque function is located in InventoryManagerComponent/Functions/Private/Inventory/DropItem. Just a note, when replacing this function, you must un-check the "Content Sensitive Checkbox", otherwise it will not find the new function.

- 27:17, Post Process materials update. It seems the Post Process information is no longer located under the Follow Camera - Camera Settings. It is now located under the Follow Camera - Rendering Features. Under Rendering Features find Post Process Materials/Array and here you can add the PP_OutlineCustomDepth_Inst.

- 31:38, Just wanted to note here, this migration of the animations can completely be skipped, using 4.21.1.
                          Last edited by digoxy; 12-09-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I solved it. But its not perfect.
                            Can i just add an item via ID ?
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	UE4_Inventory_AddNewElement.png Views:	2 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	1561146

Comment

Hi I just bought this and have a question, since I already have my pawn as a child on something else, how can I use this code on my pawn? do I need to copy everything from the inventory player controller that came with the purchase and write out all the code over to my pawn?

Comment

Working...
                              X