No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OverRated_AU you sir are a very smart individual, it was indeed appearing off-screen. I dragged the inventory box over slightly in the Inventory Layout and problem solved.

Comment

Glad you worked it out

Comment

Hi, im working on Version 4.18, did anyone tryed before using a Dynamic Material Instance on this? i can not make it work and its crucial for my project

The Skeletal mesh object reference sommehow is not compatible. How can i make this work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	6
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	1523567

Comment

Originally posted by imnomad View Post
          Hi, im working on Version 4.18, did anyone tryed before using a Dynamic Material Instance on this? i can not make it work and its crucial for my project

The Skeletal mesh object reference sommehow is not compatible. How can i make this work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	6
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	1523567
          A object reference isn't a component its just variable which is why you can't create one, you need to use the static mesh component reference and you should also do it on the OnRep in the parent character class or your changes wont be networked.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

A object reference isn't a component its just variable which is why you can't create one, you need to use the static mesh component reference and you should also do it on the OnRep in the parent character class or your changes wont be networked.
            Thanks, but i cant find any way to use the static mesh component, how do i call it?

Comment

Originally posted by imnomad View Post

Thanks, but i cant find any way to use the static mesh component, how do i call it?
              Its a skeletal mesh component and it's can be pulled from the parent reference by typing in the components name.

Comment

how to stop the random character.

That I purchased from.

I don't want to snip that wire.

Comment

good evening,

Just a quick question, trying to get ideas:
                  + What would be the proper way to achieve a warehouse system? just ideas so I can get started.

Thanks in adv.
                  Last edited by Namesis; 09-08-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
                    good evening,

Just a quick question, trying to get ideas:
                    + What would be the proper way to achieve a warehouse system? just ideas so I can get started.

Thanks in adv.
                    Please explain i don't understand what you mean by warehouse system?

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Please explain i don't understand what you mean by warehouse system?
                      Hello,

You know, the usual "inventory container" to save items that are not on your inventory. I think another name is the personal bank? in Guild/Clans its called "Guild Bank" where other players can deposit items/materials/ingredients/etc. In this case it would only apply to the player itself, hence maybe "personal bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post

Hello,

You know, the usual "inventory container" to save items that are not on your inventory. I think another name is the personal bank? in Guild/Clans its called "Guild Bank" where other players can deposit items/materials/ingredients/etc. In this case it would only apply to the player itself, hence maybe "personal bank"
                        Most games its called a stash lol, but yes what is your question?

Comment

Haha

Well, Im just confused on how to start this, should I copy a player inventory component but rename it to warehouse/stash component and create a new container for it? Will I need to remake part of the whole system, aka creating a whole new component? Should I see how the DeadLoot Hero works (open a container) and maybe work from there and instead of loading "X" items, maybe loading a inventory variable from the player character?

Just looking for insights and different kind of views.

Ciao & Thanks

Comment

So you want a stash that isn't shared? I would create another inventory array in the player inventory component and just have the actor load off that array rather than it's self.

Comment

can you fix the weapon.

It works by preview but.

Once you have in the game and you pick it up.

The animation doesn't work anymore.

Do you have a video to fix this issue?

I work with skeletons not with static mesh animations.

The purple sloth.

His pose with the weapon works very great and purple slot.

The animation stop moving when you picked it up.

It'll probably work only in the preview.

If using Unreal character that works very great but.

If you use it with another character it won't work.

I will send you a video link so you see what i'm talking about.

Here You Go look At it and see > https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/p...76665511275442
                              Last edited by JorgeBabyXF; 09-21-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JorgeBabyXF View Post
                                can you fix the weapon.

It works by preview but.

Once you have in the game and you pick it up.

The animation doesn't work anymore.

Do you have a video to fix this issue?

I work with skeletons not with static mesh animations.

The purple sloth.

His pose with the weapon works very great and purple slot.

The animation stop moving when you picked it up.

It'll probably work only in the preview.

If using Unreal character that works very great but.

If you use it with another character it won't work.

I will send you a video link so you see what i'm talking about.

Here You Go look At it and see > https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/p...76665511275442

Change the sockets name in LocalEquipmentSockets inside EquipmentInventoryComponent/UpdateMainHandWeapon that will fix your issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X