Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helheimgames View Post
    Browsed through and didn't see anything on this issue, so I appologize if this has already been addressed somewhere.

I am combining the inventory system with the topdown rpg system. I have followed the tuts to the letter four times now and keep ending up with the same issue. The data tables are having a no row struct error so they're not reading at all. I have exported them out of the inventory system solo and reimported them into the rpg system to no avail. At this point I'm not sure what the issue is.
    I found a fix for this. I had to import the item list with a new name, assign it to the proper struct, then go in and reassign all of the icons and meshes in the data table.

Comment

hey i looked through the post and couldnt find anything. im not sure where i messed up but anytime i try to drag/drop an item the item appears way far away from the mouse cursor, it will still drop wherever i have my cursor set but the icon is way out to the left. does anyone know why this happens or where i can fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Askyl View Post

For everyone having a problem with Tooltip on items being wrong.

Oh god I'm an idiot! The tutorial video didn't show it so I missed it.There is an interface function in the PlayerController called UI_Get_ToolTIp_Info. You have to add a Get Data Table Row and use Itemlist. After that, it works splendidly! For some reason my exec had been disconnected after I upgraded the project from 4.17 to 4.18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tooltip.png
Views:	9
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1410187

Always these small things that bugs your brain the most..

Wow... mind =blown i have been busting my forehead on my desk for the last few weeks trying to figure this one out. Approved answer to the tool tip issue. I've gone as far as attempting to make new functions I hadn't even considered the fact that this issue would be hanging out in the player controller but make sense... like you said its always the little things we over look and over think ****. well done.

Comment

Hello,
          I have a seemingly silly question but here it is...

How do you modify the players starting equipment. I want the player to start with the same loadout every time I test the game. By default, the initial loadout seems to be randomized. Help on where to edit this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Elsia View Post
            Hi all !

I come to you because i have an problem. I added an hunger and an thirst variable on this system, like health. All it's ok and all works now. If i use an item with 5 on hunger, i added 5 on my hunger character stats, exactly the same with thirst. If i use an item with +5 hunger, +5 thirst, +5 health, that's work too. All the function works with it. But i have just one problem. When i create a new loot_actor child, to create a new consumable_chest_usable with some consumable item like apple, bottle of water etc, that's work fine, i can loot my bottle of water, my apple etc but, when i use it, that don't change my stats. I can use my item but it's like, when i take this item from an loot_actor, the tooltip it's not perfectly transmitted.

I don't really know why, it's been a week since I'm looking for why, normally, everything is well transmitted, all over my InventoryManagerComponenent, so I really do not understand why. Do you have an idea?

Thanks to your help, your time and sorry to my bad english, i'm french !

Oh and, someone here use the dynamic combat system (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-combat-system) with it ?

To me it sounds like your item info isn't being set correctly on your items being spawned in your loot actor, if the tool tip is showing no stats then there is none, i would trace it back from the loot actor and make sure those stats are being set correctly

Originally posted by DK Buzzin View Post
            Hello,
            I have a seemingly silly question but here it is...

How do you modify the players starting equipment. I want the player to start with the same loadout every time I test the game. By default, the initial loadout seems to be randomized. Help on where to edit this would be appreciated. Thanks!
            Hi, Theres data table called "ClassStartingEquipment" in the Demo folder in blueprints which controls all this.
            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-06-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi, Theres data table called "ClassStartingEquipment" in the Demo folder in blueprints which controls all this.
              Okay great! I don't know how I missed that. So one more follow up question. I only want one class with my project. How can I ensure that the player always begins as a "Warrior"? Just to get it so that the class is always the same.

Thanks for your quick response earlier! (:

Comment

Okay great! I don't know how I missed that. So one more follow up question. I only want one class with my project. How can I ensure that the player always begins as a "Warrior"? Just to get it so that the class is always the same.

Thanks for your quick response earlier! (:
                Open up the Inventory Player Controller and look for the function "ServerLoadPlayerItems" inside here you will find the LocalStartingClass variable you want to do the follow changes.

Comment

Open up the Inventory Player Controller and look for the function "ServerLoadPlayerItems" inside here you will find the LocalStartingClass variable you want to do the follow changes.
                  Thank you for your help. That worked just fine! I see that it works because by default the local starting class is set to warrior.

I also have an unrelated question relating to adding items into the game.
                  I have followed the Youtube tutorial for adding equip-able/ interact-able items but when I get to the point where i drag the item blueprint into the game it has no collision and cannot be picked up. However, when I choose to have the player start with the weapon already in the inventory, I can equip it and it changed my stats and everything, that part is working great. I can even drop the item into the environment, but at this point it has not collision and cannot be picked up again. Any suggestions to help me would be awesome! Thanks´╗┐

Comment

Thank you for your help. That worked just fine! I see that it works because by default the local starting class is set to warrior.

I also have an unrelated question relating to adding items into the game.
                    I have followed the Youtube tutorial for adding equip-able/ interact-able items but when I get to the point where i drag the item blueprint into the game it has no collision and cannot be picked up. However, when I choose to have the player start with the weapon already in the inventory, I can equip it and it changed my stats and everything, that part is working great. I can even drop the item into the environment, but at this point it has not collision and cannot be picked up again. Any suggestions to help me would be awesome! Thanks´╗┐
                    Update, I was able to enable collision in the mesh defaults inside the BP. However I still cannot pick up any of my custom items. When I look at them they do not get highlighted and offer for me to grab them.

Comment

Update, I was able to enable collision in the mesh defaults inside the BP. However I still cannot pick up any of my custom items. When I look at them they do not get highlighted and offer for me to grab them.
                      Are you creating child's of the world item for your items? there are two types world item actors and the weapon actors.

Comment

Are you creating child's of the world item for your items? there are two types world item actors and the weapon actors.
                        Yes, they inherit from World Actor. I simply duplicate an existing item eg. Bone Sword and rename it and select to correct mesh. It is definitely inheriting form World Actor and has the usable actor interface as "inherited" still not able to be picked up.

Comment

Are there some updates since 4.17? I've noticed a few issues since upgrading to 4.18.3, but not sure about the culprit yet.
                          LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

what kind of issues? I've been using it on 4.18.2 just fine.

Comment

Yes, they inherit from World Actor. I simply duplicate an existing item eg. Bone Sword and rename it and select to correct mesh. It is definitely inheriting form World Actor and has the usable actor interface as "inherited" still not able to be picked up.
                              Make sure you mesh as collision that's the only thing i can think of sorry.

Comment

Wanted to see if there were any changes in 4.19.1 verison but I can't create a project, it get stuck at 45%. Anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Working...
                                X