No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, im still wrestling with aspects of it. Please, anyone, whats the best practice to ensure item removal persistancy accross level streaming volumes. As i stop gap ive created a pan game world volume for all the items, but this defeats the point of level streaming. Whats the best prqctice way to stream in and out levels in an open world but not have the picked up items respawn (To be honest i would have thought this would be part of the marketplace pack, as level streaming is so important). Thanks for all advice

Comment

anyone has an issue regarding the items equipped? for some reason they are blinking

//edit: fixed it
      Last edited by Namesis; 01-13-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
        anyone has an issue regarding the items equipped? for some reason they are blinking
        Hi, can you post a Gif showing the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Askyl View Post

Done that. Will try the above solution as well and edit the result! Kind of need it to work..

Edit: Tooltip is still wrong saying all items are Head. I just also realized that all stats are missing as well on every item. I only have Name+"Head" even if it's not head armor.

If anyone got a fix for this I'd love you! I'm cracking my "head" up for this.

Edit: I've noticed that the tooltip is working as intended if you open up a fresh inventory project, I've set everything up exactly as it is in the fresh project in mine, but the tooltip is still wrong. Really can't figure out why it doesn't work.
          For everyone having a problem with Tooltip on items being wrong.

Oh god I'm an idiot! The tutorial video didn't show it so I missed it.There is an interface function in the PlayerController called UI_Get_ToolTIp_Info. You have to add a Get Data Table Row and use Itemlist. After that, it works splendidly! For some reason my exec had been disconnected after I upgraded the project from 4.17 to 4.18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tooltip.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1410187

Always these small things that bugs your brain the most..

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi, can you post a Gif showing the issue?
            All good! Thanks for the desire to help

On the other hand, Im stucked at something. What would be the proper way to execute something on the PlayerCharacter, Client-side? This is what I want.:

Im wokring in a simple quest system. I already have the UMG and the npc.
            I want that when an overlap happens (currently a SphereCollision), it shows a "!" or "?" above the NPC. As of now (testing) I have that if gender is male, it shows "!", if its female, "?", so I can see if it works in multiplayer, since every player will have actively different quests, so its just as test.

I have this code
            https://s10.postimg.org/j39h8jcx5/image.png

It does work, however, if I overlap on player #1, it wil show the "!" sign. The moment I overlap with player #2, it shows on both players the "!" and "?" sign.

So my question is:
            What is the proper way to call Player Character client-side?
            Ciao
            Last edited by Namesis; 01-13-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
              All good! Thanks for the desire to help

On the other hand, Im stucked at something. What would be the proper way to execute something on the PlayerCharacter, Client-side? This is what I want.:

Im wokring in a simple quest system. I already have the UMG and the npc.
              I want that when an overlap happens (currently a SphereCollision), it shows a "!" or "?" above the NPC. As of now (testing) I have that if gender is male, it shows "!", if its female, "?", so I can see if it works in multiplayer, since every player will have actively different quests, so its just as test.

I have this code
              https://s10.postimg.org/j39h8jcx5/image.png

It does work, however, if I overlap on player #1, it wil show the "!" sign. The moment I overlap with player #2, it shows on both players the "!" and "?" sign.

So my question is:
              What is the proper way to call Player Character client-side?
              Ciao
              On your overlap event cast to your Player Character and check if its locally controlled, you should be handling this in the NPC its self giving it its own overlap events.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

On your overlap event cast to your Player Character and check if its locally controlled, you should be handling this in the NPC its self giving it its own overlap events.
                Yeah, the thing is it always fail (not the character cast), but the isLocallyControlled.

//edit: what I ended up doing is just making sure the overlap is on the server, then making a customevent (owning client rep) on the mptopdowncontroller and sending here the npc reference. This would end up on the client-side, so just popping the images ? ! above the npcs so only that client can see it. I was trying to avoid the usage of the server-side but it will do the trick.
                https://s14.postimg.org/dbp5euiyp/MP...troller_bp.png
                https://s14.postimg.org/eqqq3krrl/NPC_bp.png
                Last edited by Namesis; 01-16-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Hi, I would like the inventory slots to be added dynamically instead of being added with empty item info at startup and then set on "UseInventoryItem" function.

If i'm right, the default empty inventory slots are created here in the InventoryManagerComponent by the "AddInventorySlot" function:

And slot item infos are set by the "AddItem" function. Is this right?

Can I break the "Create Inventory Slots" function so it increment slot number but without adding an "Inventory_Slot" widget, then create this widget in the "AddItem" function right before setting its item info or does it require more modifications?

Comment

ok, I broke the "create inventory slots" function (bypass it in the "Load inventory" function) and added the "add inventory slot' here in the screeshot (column is zero as I want a list instead of a grid, not sure if the row increment is ok)
                    Now my item are dynamically added to a list but I have a problem while using inventory items, if I right click on one of them, they are added to the equipement or consumed BUT an empty slot is added to the list (I removed the function deleting slots of equiped items, as I want them to be highlighted in the list)

Comment

Can anyone give me some assistance with implementing a weapon system? I'm using this with the art of combat which has a weapon system built in I just need to figure out how in the equip item area I make it where it equips a blueprint instead of a mesh. And how I would go about assigning like an item Id to the equip item so it knows which blueprint to equip. I spent 5 hours combing this post last night and looking for answers elsewhere and can't figure it out

Comment

Has anyone used this with the art of combat? i have literally been pulling my hair out for days trying to get the weapons integrated to where when i equip a weapon in the inventory system it is referencing the weapon mesh used by the art of combat character. has anyone done this successfully?

Comment

Has anyone gotten this to work with a gamepad yet? i cant seem to figure out how to show the tooltip info with the gamepad.

Comment

Hi all !

I come to you because i have an problem. I added an hunger and an thirst variable on this system, like health. All it's ok and all works now. If i use an item with 5 on hunger, i added 5 on my hunger character stats, exactly the same with thirst. If i use an item with +5 hunger, +5 thirst, +5 health, that's work too. All the function works with it. But i have just one problem. When i create a new loot_actor child, to create a new consumable_chest_usable with some consumable item like apple, bottle of water etc, that's work fine, i can loot my bottle of water, my apple etc but, when i use it, that don't change my stats. I can use my item but it's like, when i take this item from an loot_actor, the tooltip it's not perfectly transmitted.

I don't really know why, it's been a week since I'm looking for why, normally, everything is well transmitted, all over my InventoryManagerComponenent, so I really do not understand why. Do you have an idea?

Thanks to your help, your time and sorry to my bad english, i'm french !

Oh and, someone here use the dynamic combat system (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-combat-system) with it ?
                            Last edited by Elsia; 01-29-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                              I try to make persistent world with your ARPG inv and when the player connect i use TryAddItemToInv and it's always FULL inventory but i don't know why ;/
                              If you have an idea
                              Attached Files

Comment

Browsed through and didn't see anything on this issue, so I appologize if this has already been addressed somewhere.

I am combining the inventory system with the topdown rpg system. I have followed the tuts to the letter four times now and keep ending up with the same issue. The data tables are having a no row struct error so they're not reading at all. I have exported them out of the inventory system solo and reimported them into the rpg system to no avail. At this point I'm not sure what the issue is.
                                Helheim Games Studio LLC - tabletop game publishing services
                                https://helheimgames.com | https://facebook.com/helheimgames | https://twitter.com/helheimgames

Comment

Working...
                                X