Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nejibana View Post
    I will say however that some of the logic is outdated for the current engine patch, I know that when you load the project in 4.18 now unreal informs you to update a node, don't remember which one it was but unreal tells you it's depreciated
    Done that. Will try the above solution as well and edit the result! Kind of need it to work..

Edit: Tooltip is still wrong saying all items are Head. I just also realized that all stats are missing as well on every item. I only have Name+"Head" even if it's not head armor.

If anyone got a fix for this I'd love you! I'm cracking my "head" up for this.

Edit: I've noticed that the tooltip is working as intended if you open up a fresh inventory project, I've set everything up exactly as it is in the fresh project in mine, but the tooltip is still wrong. Really can't figure out why it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Askyl; 01-04-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Good day,in tutorial 'Multiplayer TopDown Kit - Merging The RPG Inventory System'
      I'm not getting "Player Inventory Component", when doing the set up at 4:59, and the Inventory Manager is only showing up as a Custom Class as an "Add Inventory Manager Component". I followed your tutorial to the letter prior to then. What'd I do wrong?

Comment

• Hi pirate,
        just purchased this , ive seen the convert to first person tutorial online by using search on this forum, and will enact that. I am though having issues,
        As a bit of feedback and request. right now and the suggestion is please can you do a strimmed down tutorial for migration that assumes
        1 i use the inventory player controller
        2 i use my own player pawn.
        which to me seems the most likely scenario for many purchasers anyway. I cant devote 40 minutes to integrate the compoenent and twice that to analyse and test;
        At the moment when i use the existing tutorial and ignore player controller steps, my first person pawn movement is locked up. I suspect its due to client: initialise components logic in the inventory player controller. I am aware of convert to fps motion tutorial, but it does not carry over to my own pawn seemingly.
        i need to be able to jumo between 2-3 pawns for multiple play styles, or jumo from first to third person pov, so i dont get why id i use yiur player contoller is suggests non pawn nonportability.
        Maybe there is something in the 40 min tutorial i missed but the complaint its organisation. Maybe put the bulk of it first, then an annex if the person is using their own player controller. Ie that if im ignoring large sections of it , there maybe something i missed due to thinking 'ignore all changes to player controller'

Comment

• Hi, im still wrestling with aspects of it. Please, anyone, whats the best practice to ensure item removal persistancy accross level streaming volumes. As i stop gap ive created a pan game world volume for all the items, but this defeats the point of level streaming. Whats the best prqctice way to stream in and out levels in an open world but not have the picked up items respawn (To be honest i would have thought this would be part of the marketplace pack, as level streaming is so important). Thanks for all advice

Comment

• anyone has an issue regarding the items equipped? for some reason they are blinking

//edit: fixed it
            Last edited by Namesis; 01-13-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namesis View Post
              anyone has an issue regarding the items equipped? for some reason they are blinking
              Hi, can you post a Gif showing the issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Askyl View Post

Done that. Will try the above solution as well and edit the result! Kind of need it to work..

Edit: Tooltip is still wrong saying all items are Head. I just also realized that all stats are missing as well on every item. I only have Name+"Head" even if it's not head armor.

If anyone got a fix for this I'd love you! I'm cracking my "head" up for this.

Edit: I've noticed that the tooltip is working as intended if you open up a fresh inventory project, I've set everything up exactly as it is in the fresh project in mine, but the tooltip is still wrong. Really can't figure out why it doesn't work.
                For everyone having a problem with Tooltip on items being wrong.

Oh god I'm an idiot! The tutorial video didn't show it so I missed it.There is an interface function in the PlayerController called UI_Get_ToolTIp_Info. You have to add a Get Data Table Row and use Itemlist. After that, it works splendidly! For some reason my exec had been disconnected after I upgraded the project from 4.17 to 4.18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tooltip.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1410187

Always these small things that bugs your brain the most..

Comment

• Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi, can you post a Gif showing the issue?
                  All good! Thanks for the desire to help

On the other hand, Im stucked at something. What would be the proper way to execute something on the PlayerCharacter, Client-side? This is what I want.:

Im wokring in a simple quest system. I already have the UMG and the npc.
                  I want that when an overlap happens (currently a SphereCollision), it shows a "!" or "?" above the NPC. As of now (testing) I have that if gender is male, it shows "!", if its female, "?", so I can see if it works in multiplayer, since every player will have actively different quests, so its just as test.

I have this code
                  https://s10.postimg.org/j39h8jcx5/image.png

It does work, however, if I overlap on player #1, it wil show the "!" sign. The moment I overlap with player #2, it shows on both players the "!" and "?" sign.

So my question is:
                  What is the proper way to call Player Character client-side?
                  Ciao
                  Last edited by Namesis; 01-13-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namesis View Post
                    All good! Thanks for the desire to help

On the other hand, Im stucked at something. What would be the proper way to execute something on the PlayerCharacter, Client-side? This is what I want.:

Im wokring in a simple quest system. I already have the UMG and the npc.
                    I want that when an overlap happens (currently a SphereCollision), it shows a "!" or "?" above the NPC. As of now (testing) I have that if gender is male, it shows "!", if its female, "?", so I can see if it works in multiplayer, since every player will have actively different quests, so its just as test.

I have this code
                    https://s10.postimg.org/j39h8jcx5/image.png

It does work, however, if I overlap on player #1, it wil show the "!" sign. The moment I overlap with player #2, it shows on both players the "!" and "?" sign.

So my question is:
                    What is the proper way to call Player Character client-side?
                    Ciao
                    On your overlap event cast to your Player Character and check if its locally controlled, you should be handling this in the NPC its self giving it its own overlap events.

Comment

• Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

On your overlap event cast to your Player Character and check if its locally controlled, you should be handling this in the NPC its self giving it its own overlap events.
                      Yeah, the thing is it always fail (not the character cast), but the isLocallyControlled.

//edit: what I ended up doing is just making sure the overlap is on the server, then making a customevent (owning client rep) on the mptopdowncontroller and sending here the npc reference. This would end up on the client-side, so just popping the images ? ! above the npcs so only that client can see it. I was trying to avoid the usage of the server-side but it will do the trick.
                      https://s14.postimg.org/dbp5euiyp/MP...troller_bp.png
                      https://s14.postimg.org/eqqq3krrl/NPC_bp.png
                      Last edited by Namesis; 01-16-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X