Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Guys this is a support thread, not a tutor course, and most of these question have already been answered so please take the time to look.
    Is that directed at me too?

I've searched, I've read lots of pages (there are 99) but I'm asking a specific question and haven't found anything related to what I'm trying to do.
    I'm appealing to someone's good nature as a fellow developer to help me out.

If you weren't directing that at me then fair enough. I'm not just sitting here waiting for the someone to do it for me, I want to learn and plug the gaps in my knowledge (there's a lot of them).
    I've seen you on here for a long time and checked out your progress on your project and you're very talented, for sure. You could probably do what I'm trying to do in your sleep!

If you can direct me to how I can learn to do what I'm asking, within ARPGIS I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Daz

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxDonald View Post
      Why is it now: Add to project??
      It was not supposed to be.
      This was an issue on the marketplace teams end. they have changed the way assets roll out on the web form and I guess it bugged the his project. It's been sorted out now.
      Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
      Mount and Taming Blueprint
      Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
      Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

• Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
        Hey,

I hope someone can help me with a problem I have?

I want to find a way to make the items that drop randomly and are picked up by the player be persistent......

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right lines, provide some help etc?

I have a good basis for my game with stats, enemies, procedural levels, levelling system etc but having actual randomised items with random stats is what I need. I have the system scripted already to make the items have random appearances and stats but I can't retain those stats between item manipulation.

Anyway, I think you get the idea.

Thanks for any help you can give,
        Daz

I would start with a basic save system, this would be a file saved on the clients machine but would be easily manipulated. If you're good with server and coding. You could use the JSON plugin to securely transfer the information to a dedicated webserver. Since duping and hacking and all that would be quite easy.

This is no small feat, at least not for me. You may need to hire someone depending on your skill level.

here is a post on Reddit that will explain more avenues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...r_player_data/

I hope that gives you a point in a direction, I wish I could be more helpful.
        Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
        Mount and Taming Blueprint
        Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
        Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

• Originally posted by Robviously View Post

I would start with a basic save system, this would be a file saved on the clients machine but would be easily manipulated. If you're good with server and coding. You could use the JSON plugin to securely transfer the information to a dedicated webserver. Since duping and hacking and all that would be quite easy.

This is no small feat, at least not for me. You may need to hire someone depending on your skill level.

here is a post on Reddit that will explain more avenues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...r_player_data/

I hope that gives you a point in a direction, I wish I could be more helpful.
          Hey Rob,

Thx so much for your reply. I think you're on the right lines that I need to save the state of the item and reload the reference when the item is discarded and picked up again, or equipped/unequipped. I don't think I'd need to all the server stuff because this will be a single player experience and I think it would be enough to store the items and stats in some kind of array?

I don't know precisely, which is why I'm asking. I'll keep digging and read the link you sent anyway as I might be misunderstanding you.

Thx for your help mate.
          Daz

Comment

Working...
          X