No announcement yet.

AeroComp - Modular Aerodynamics Simulation Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I really like this blueprint system, but I haven't bought the pack yet as I was wondering if the complete version also has the same problem I'm experiencing in the demo. When I press F to leave the plane or choper, the FPS character gets permanently rotated to the rotation it had right before exiting the plane. So I'm left walking on the ground sideways. Is there a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by WhoIsAtlas View Post
      Hello! I really like this blueprint system, but I haven't bought the pack yet as I was wondering if the complete version also has the same problem I'm experiencing in the demo. When I press F to leave the plane or choper, the FPS character gets permanently rotated to the rotation it had right before exiting the plane. So I'm left walking on the ground sideways. Is there a fix?
      Hi!

Yes I can see what you are talking about. The fix is very easy!
      Currently when spawning the player the blueprint inherits the rotation of the aircraft through its transform like so:

The problem with this is that it inherits full rotation including the roll and pitch and the player ends up in a tilted direction if you landed on your side .

Here's the fix for that:

Overall I've included things like taking control of and jumping out of vehicles since I already had them in demo and it would make life easier for others, but I'm sure most of people have their own ways of managing things like that. I'll fix that and put up a recompiled demo a bit later. Thanks for reporting this issue though!

Have fun!

Comment

Wow, that was fast! I'll definately get it now! Thanks!

Comment

Just bought it! It looks sick!

Comment

Originally posted by agge333 View Post
            Just bought it! It looks sick!
            Thanks for your support! Feel free to email, Skype or PM here if you need any support. Looking forward to see what you make!

Comment

Originally posted by Irakli View Post
              Thanks for your support! Feel free to email, Skype or PM here if you need any support. Looking forward to see what you make!
              Hello Irakli.

I am planning to make a toy / airplanes video games, with coop-multiplayer. I have several questions, I need to be sure this could work for what I need:
              -Regarding the PhysX: Will the end user need a nvidia graphics card?
              -I could use this for online multiplayer/coop?
              -I am planning to make not only toy planes, but also crazy/non-realistic designs. Will this work for those no-realistic designs?

Thank you.

Osmel Carrizo

Comment

I'm not sure if this is still updated but are you able to use in atmosphere effects to have it control like the jet when moving forward but then use helicopter(hover) on strafing and going up and down? Essentially both jet and helicopter effects on the same vehicle.

Comment

Looking to build a simple glider which is affected random a wind direction and speed which is set at the beginning of each game. Can aerocomp do this?

Comment

Working...
                  X