Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side Scroller Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, QTE System & much more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by BarisT View Post
    hamsterPL, both your blueprint and your support are first class!
    Thank you!

Compatibility with UE 4.16 is done. Just need to be approved by Epic, which probably happen in few days.

Changelog for UE 4.16:

- Small rework of applying option for fullscreen/windowed mode to fix a bug

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hamsterPL, both your blueprint and your support are first class!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, I couldn't reproduce on a clean project, so it must be related to one of my modifications.

On a side note, I can't fire an custom event upon destroying a turret. OnDestroyedActor doesn't work, any ideas?
    I just want to fire a custom event when the player destorys a turret...What would be the best way to handle it in Level blueprint?
    Turret actor is not destroyed itself because it is desctructable mesh, which remains on level after explosion. You can easly add dispatcher for that:

- in turret BP add dispatcher and call it after deactivation
    - in level BP, bind this dispatcher to event

Screen shot should help
    Click image for larger version

Name:	turret dispatcher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	1128243

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
    Hello

I've just checked it on clean projet and it worked fine. Can you reproduce it on clean project?
    Sorry, I couldn't reproduce on a clean project, so it must be related to one of my modifications.

On a side note, I can't fire an custom event upon destroying a turret. OnDestroyedActor doesn't work, any ideas?
    I just want to fire a custom event when the player destorys a turret...What would be the best way to handle it in Level blueprint?
    Last edited by BarisT; 05-18-2017, 02:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=16530]hamsterPL[/MENTION]

Hi;
    I've discovered a bug for ladders. While you're climbing the ladder, you can turn the character other direction, which looks odd, he looks as if he's suspended in the air.
    Replication is easy.
    Just climb a ladder, let's say that has "Ladder direction=right"
    While climbing turn the character left, he does turn. He shouldn't
    What's the best way to stop a character turning while he's climbing?
    Hello

I've just checked it on clean projet and it worked fine. Can you reproduce it on clean project?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=16530]hamsterPL[/MENTION]

Hi;
    I've discovered a bug for ladders. While you're climbing the ladder, you can turn the character other direction, which looks odd, he looks as if he's suspended in the air.
    Replication is easy.
    Just climb a ladder, let's say that has "Ladder direction=right"
    While climbing turn the character left, he does turn. He shouldn't
    What's the best way to stop a character turning while he's climbing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CriErr View Post
    Hi there!
    Where can I find the guidelines and overall description of the weapon system, I want to interfere with it and overwrite basically all core functionality of it, but code is quite convoluted and because it has pretty much zero encapsulation am not sure where exactly I can do it so everything else not falls apart.
    Also, the engine sometimes doesn't delete redirectors from a drive, there are quite a lot of junk inside the project right now. https://puu.sh/vPsNH.png
    Hello

There is a docuementation for a project which might help you

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

There is no exact description about weapon system but in short it works like this:

- Player has weapon meshes in character blueprint
    - Meshes are hidden/unhidden depending which weapon is currently chosen
    - Player character spawns bullet projectile, which on hit has logic related to damage, decal etc.
    - When AI or player character gets bullet hit, it sends dispatcher to character to decrease damage. play sound effect and so on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there!
    Where can I find the guidelines and overall description of the weapon system, I want to interfere with it and overwrite basically all core functionality of it, but code is quite convoluted and because it has pretty much zero encapsulation am not sure where exactly I can do it so everything else not falls apart.
    Also, the engine sometimes doesn't delete redirectors from a drive, there are quite a lot of junk inside the project right now. https://puu.sh/vPsNH.png

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BoothDigital View Post
    I guess I wasn't clear perhaps.
    How do I edit the meshes within the levels? They're blueprints and being a noob, I'm rather lost trying to decifer what is a wall (within the BP) and how to replace it.
    This project is rather large and will be quite overwhelming for someone new. I don't think its very newb-friendly tbh, unless you're planning on changing absolutely nothing about the gameplay.

That said, you're not meant to edit the map blueprints he's made. He basically made a bp that can be dynamically modified for his gameplay features demo. You can't find the wall because hes generating them in the construction script using various options like sizes and stuff. If you look at one of his sample levels or his sample game instead, he's built those maps manually, not using "room blueprints" as seen in the features map.

Take a look at his actual game level/game demo map, not the features one and click the pieces and see what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
    You can work with it as you want. There are plenty tutorials online. Try these ones for a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsJOFyxMnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl_eoVfNDKU
    I guess I wasn't clear perhaps.
    How do I edit the meshes within the levels? They're blueprints and being a noob, I'm rather lost trying to decifer what is a wall (within the BP) and how to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any chance of a tutorial for dummies? Specifically, How do I change the meshes/levels?
    Or do I just need to create a "new" level via the above tut and create from scratch?
    You can work with it as you want. There are plenty tutorials online. Try these ones for a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsJOFyxMnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl_eoVfNDKU

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any chance of a tutorial for dummies? Specifically, How do I change the meshes/levels?
    Or do I just need to create a "new" level via the above tut and create from scratch?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome - thx.
    Just one issue = when i use the launcher, the "scene" floats away into the sky. I can select any object and repeatedly hit the F key to bring it back down into view but it floats away. Any ideas?
    I have another project with the kit inside the contents folder as well. This allows me to use the pieces/parts as needed.

EDIT - This is happening in all projects now...
    I created a new thread about this issue with slightly more details...
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-floating-away

I unplugged the Xbox One controller I'm borrowing. I'm not sure if this was the problem or not, nothing floats away any longer though.
    Last edited by BoothStudios; 05-08-2017, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    JUST purchased this - give me tonight and I'll let you know how it works on OSX

So excited!

EDIT: This is so awesome! Works flawlessly so far (on mac)!
    Thank you for making this and offering it for so little. Easily worth twice the price.

Also, I'm very impressed and thankful for your responsiveness to questions and excellent customer service/support.

First question I have: What is the best practice for using your kit? Create project from launcher and then edit the contents? Or add the kit to my project's content and using the "pieces/parts" as needed?
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I recommend create project from launcher and edit the contents for your needs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    JUST purchased this - give me tonight and I'll let you know how it works on OSX

So excited!

EDIT: This is so awesome! Works flawlessly so far (on mac)!
    Thank you for making this and offering it for so little. Easily worth twice the price.

Also, I'm very impressed and thankful for your responsiveness to questions and excellent customer service/support.

First question I have: What is the best practice for using your kit? Create project from launcher and then edit the contents? Or add the kit to my project's content and using the "pieces/parts" as needed?
    Last edited by BoothStudios; 05-05-2017, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X