Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side Scroller Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, QTE System & much more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RTE1984 View Post
    I purchased this today, I wanted to give you a heads up about an issue I just had that caused the editor to crash.

I was playing the Features level and I was in the spot explaining how AI goes into alarmed mode, with an AI with its back toward me. I shot it and it didn't react right away so I pressed the stealth kill button. The animation started for the player but the AI had a delayed animation, after the player is done then the AI finished its animation (appearing to snap its own neck), the editor crashed right afterwards.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Did it happen once or always? Can send me repro steps and crash log to side.scroller.shooter@outlook.com? Thanks. This way I will more likely know what's the issue there.

Hey, that looks great! So, even if my character doesn't use the epic skeleton I shouldn't have too many issues?

You would have to retarget animations to your skeleton, create animation BP for it (I believe you can also make retarget for it) and then replace references for your new animation blueprint from your skeleton.
    Last edited by hamsterPL; 04-21-2018, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I purchased this today, I wanted to give you a heads up about an issue I just had that caused the editor to crash.

I was playing the Features level and I was in the spot explaining how AI goes into alarmed mode, with an AI with its back toward me. I shot it and it didn't react right away so I pressed the stealth kill button. The animation started for the player but the AI had a delayed animation, after the player is done then the AI finished its animation (appearing to snap its own neck), the editor crashed right afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, that looks great! So, even if my character doesn't use the epic skeleton I shouldn't have too many issues?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks amazing and I am considering buying this really soon for my side scrolling project. One question though: Do you recommend this if my game will be more melee focused? It will have very little shooting/projectile based weaponry and I plan to have the main character be more of a beast character (so it probably won't use the epic skeleton). I feel like it has so many other useful features that it will still be worth it.

Thank you! In my kit I have already couple melee attacks so I think you can expand them. I made a tutorial for zombie AI which has other attacks, so it should you give better idea how to add new ones.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEfUna5imE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks amazing and I am considering buying this really soon for my side scrolling project. One question though: Do you recommend this if my game will be more melee focused? It will have very little shooting/projectile based weaponry and I plan to have the main character be more of a beast character (so it probably won't use the epic skeleton). I feel like it has so many other useful features that it will still be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update for UE 4.19 is now live.
    Changelog:
    - Blueprints clean up
    - Fixes for cover system timing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by T3rM1nAt0R View Post
    Hi!
    I recently purchased the kit, and I am soon starting work on my game using all these amazing features you've created as base. I was wondering on ETA for 4.19 version.
    It should be done by the end of this week.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!
    I recently purchased the kit, and I am soon starting work on my game using all these amazing features you've created as base. I was wondering on ETA for 4.19 version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TZAR_Nick View Post
    Hi!
    First of all, thanks for the amazing kit!
    I have a question for you concerning updating a project to a newer version of the engine. We're trying to upgrade our project based on the 4.16 version to a 4.18 and the simple migration resulted in numerous errors, the most common of them is:
    "Primitive Component Object Reference is not compatible with Object Reference"
    Is there any way to update a project with all the sizable changes made to the blueprints?
    Epic has changed couple things in engine since then. As far as I remeber, this error can be fixed by addin context to global functions like "get player character blueprint". You can fix it by adding "get game state" for example. Take a look - https://s14.postimg.org/5aj8y5dsx/image.png

Today I've made a tutorial how add zombie enemy with melee attacks logic for Third Person Shooter Kit. It also can be used in Side Scroller Shooter Kit.

Also I would like to let you know that Side Scroller Shooter Kit is now on Spring Sale with 50% off!
    ​​​​​

Last edited by hamsterPL; 03-10-2018, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!
    First of all, thanks for the amazing kit!
    I have a question for you concerning updating a project to a newer version of the engine. We're trying to upgrade our project based on the 4.16 version to a 4.18 and the simple migration resulted in numerous errors, the most common of them is:
    "Primitive Component Object Reference is not compatible with Object Reference"
    Is there any way to update a project with all the sizable changes made to the blueprints?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by IisusHr View Post
    Hello!

First of all I want to say that this kit seems really impressive! It looks like a lot of work has been put into it

I am currently working at a multiplayer side scroller shooter in Unity, and only recently stumbled upon this kit (I wish knew about it when we started..). We are investigating a switch to Unreal for the better multiplayer support, but none of us have any experience with this engine, just a bit of toying around, so i apologize if I don't use the correct terminology or I'm not aware of basic features. I know that Unreal has some multiplayer features by default (syncing actors, game modes etc), do your actors sync over the network? If not, how hard would it be to add that (sync player transform, animations, stats, shooting, sync AIs, destructables etc)? Also, if we want to write some parts in C++, will we be able to use features implemented in blueprints?
    Thank you! I've responded via private message.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!

First of all I want to say that this kit seems really impressive! It looks like a lot of work has been put into it

I am currently working at a multiplayer side scroller shooter in Unity, and only recently stumbled upon this kit (I wish knew about it when we started..). We are investigating a switch to Unreal for the better multiplayer support, but none of us have any experience with this engine, just a bit of toying around, so i apologize if I don't use the correct terminology or I'm not aware of basic features. I know that Unreal has some multiplayer features by default (syncing actors, game modes etc), do your actors sync over the network? If not, how hard would it be to add that (sync player transform, animations, stats, shooting, sync AIs, destructables etc)? Also, if we want to write some parts in C++, will we be able to use features implemented in blueprints?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yaremko View Post

Interesting! I have the exact opposite issue actually haha- basically the second character isn't moving along the axis like player 1 can, although it is animating and able to aim/fire. I should have mentioned more clearly, this is for local split-screen or same-screen multiplayer, so I don't think server/client replication logic is necessary, right? Apologies for bugging you so much, I'm somewhat of a beginner and basically bought your pack to backwards-engineer and learn more
    If its same screen multiplayer then I cant help you. It has to be done on some custom way which I have no idea about. Ive never done anything like that. :/
    Maybe this will help you https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Local_Multiplayer_Tips

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post

I've test it today, it works but I think I know what do you mean now. Charcters are moving but animation is not replicated (other other player see that character is in idle) is that right?
    If so it means that "moving logic" is only set locally. You have to replicate that logic in order to have animations working for server and client.
    Interesting! I have the exact opposite issue actually haha- basically the second character isn't moving along the axis like player 1 can, although it is animating and able to aim/fire. I should have mentioned more clearly, this is for local split-screen or same-screen multiplayer, so I don't think server/client replication logic is necessary, right? Apologies for bugging you so much, I'm somewhat of a beginner and basically bought your pack to backwards-engineer and learn more

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yaremko View Post

Hmm very odd then. I tried assigning different buttons but it definitely seems tied to the blueprints, every other button mapped works properly for both players. Left/right only works for player 1 via the first controller or mouse/keyboard.
    I've test it today, it works but I think I know what do you mean now. Charcters are moving but animation is not replicated (other other player see that character is in idle) is that right?
    If so it means that "moving logic" is only set locally. You have to replicate that logic in order to have animations working for server and client.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X