Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side Scroller Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, QTE System & much more!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
    I just tested in on custom skeletal mesh for player and AI and it was OK. You can see on video below. Is it occuring when you use default manequin? You can take look in BP_SideScrollerAI>EventGraph>AI Gets Damage Logic > Human AI's Death Logic and look at start of execution flow.
    Same place where is definition for custom event "Kill AI" is. Are pins connected? Is there only one incoming pin ot two?

    This could occur because of that issue maybe:

    4.13.1: Fixed! UE-35585 Migration from 4.12.5 to 4.13 can result in Blueprint functions losing input/ouput variables



    About not moving enemies - did you first connect waypoint to AI? Did you place nav mesh volume and build nav mesh?
    Hi there,

    Yes the pins are connected. Kill AI event pin connected to Set AI Is Dead and one Input pin is connected to Set Ai Is Dead.
    Ive spent the day trying to troubleshoot but no luck

    Comment


      Originally posted by DigitalJP View Post
      Hi there,

      Yes the pins are connected. Kill AI event pin connected to Set AI Is Dead and one Input pin is connected to Set Ai Is Dead.
      Ive spent the day trying to troubleshoot but no luck
      That's odd, but is it occur in plain project? With no custom character, just create new project and do what I have done on the videos and tell me what happens.
      Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

      Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

      Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

      Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

      Comment


        Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
        That's odd, but is it occur in plain project? With no custom character, just create new project and do what I have done on the videos and tell me what happens.
        Yes completely new project using UE 4.13.2.
        I will try and have a look at your videos again and see what happens

        Comment


          Originally posted by DigitalJP View Post
          Yes completely new project using UE 4.13.2.
          I will try and have a look at your videos again and see what happens
          Hmmm that's really strange. I made new project and it works fine as you can see on the videos. Can you send me your zipped project on private message? Maybe I will manage to debug it and find issue.
          Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

          Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

          Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

          Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

          Comment


            Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
            Hmmm that's really strange. I made new project and it works fine as you can see on the videos. Can you send me your zipped project on private message? Maybe I will manage to debug it and find issue.
            Ok sure Ill send it to you in a few. Ill just upload it then send you the link via PM.
            Thanks man

            Comment


              Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
              Hmmm that's really strange. I made new project and it works fine as you can see on the videos. Can you send me your zipped project on private message? Maybe I will manage to debug it and find issue.
              Could it be that I never installed SkookumScript perhaps? When I do install it it crashes my PC

              Comment


                Originally posted by DigitalJP View Post
                Could it be that I never installed SkookumScript perhaps? When I do install it it crashes my PC
                I don't think so. I didn't used Skookum Script to make this kit.
                Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                Comment


                  Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
                  I don't think so. I didn't used Skookum Script to make this kit.
                  My mistake Im thinking of Runtime Home script Im using

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DigitalJP View Post
                    My mistake Im thinking of Runtime Home script Im using
                    I don't think so either. I never heard of it. I used only blueprints.
                    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                    Comment


                      Today I've send to Epic update for UE 4.14
                      Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                      Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                      Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                      Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                      Comment


                        Update for 4.14 is now live.

                        Changelist:

                        - Fixed minor issues on levels
                        - Known issue with breaking sound, which is fixed in 4.14.2 - https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-39650
                        Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                        Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                        Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                        Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                        Comment


                          Side Scroller Shooter Kit is now on Holiday sale! It has 35% discount!

                          https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit
                          Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                          Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                          Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                          Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                          Comment


                            Hello hamster !

                            (sorry for my bad english...)

                            First of all, I must tell you how great your kit is to this community, and just see you're going to make on for TPS !

                            It's a real time saver, this sidescroller kit has all the features I was looking for for my little metroidvania / Another World style project, soo, many thanks hamster, you're great !

                            After looking at the features scene, a couple of question / 'it is possible to do this' came in my mind, my project eventually need them, I am an character animator, if you can give me little explaination... an how to... :


                            1- Is there a possibility to go left or right directly with A / D key without the need to aim in the other direction ? I have no need for the walkback animation...

                            2- Is it possible to have by default NO weapons ? I mean, my character in the begening have nothing, just the possibility to move / climb / etc, but no gun at this point.

                            3- Can I make auto-running my character to left or right (for some cinematic look during gameplay), with triggers (one make it run automatically, the other stop it and player have normal control)

                            4- Your ChangeCamera BP is fantastic ! It was a major features for me, I want to have a feeling like the game Inside, so your triggers are great for that ! Just, it is possible to have LONGER transition between camera position ? Even when I put the value at 0.08 (the minimum), it's cool but would need more long transition.

                            5- Can I desactivate the 3D Aiming, and activate it later (after obtaining the first weapon for example)

                            6- Can I have (when a weapon is eqquiped in my case) the aiming reticle always visible and free movable via mouse ?

                            7- Last (for today !), is it possible to bind left mouse click to have a melee attack instead of firing with weapon ? In my case, with no gun equiped (if that can work...) my character would do melee attack in front of him, so with no aiming reticle visible, and when choosing a distance weapon, aiming reticle appears and aiming with the mouse as it is by default...

                            Im so sorry, I know that's some particular questions, and I'll try to find response by myself, but I think, with my lake of knowledge in advanced blueprint, it will be epic... !


                            Hope you will see this message ! Thanks for your time !

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Gurvy View Post
                              Hello hamster !

                              (sorry for my bad english...)

                              First of all, I must tell you how great your kit is to this community, and just see you're going to make on for TPS !

                              It's a real time saver, this sidescroller kit has all the features I was looking for for my little metroidvania / Another World style project, soo, many thanks hamster, you're great !

                              After looking at the features scene, a couple of question / 'it is possible to do this' came in my mind, my project eventually need them, I am an character animator, if you can give me little explaination... an how to... :


                              1- Is there a possibility to go left or right directly with A / D key without the need to aim in the other direction ? I have no need for the walkback animation...

                              2- Is it possible to have by default NO weapons ? I mean, my character in the begening have nothing, just the possibility to move / climb / etc, but no gun at this point.

                              3- Can I make auto-running my character to left or right (for some cinematic look during gameplay), with triggers (one make it run automatically, the other stop it and player have normal control)

                              4- Your ChangeCamera BP is fantastic ! It was a major features for me, I want to have a feeling like the game Inside, so your triggers are great for that ! Just, it is possible to have LONGER transition between camera position ? Even when I put the value at 0.08 (the minimum), it's cool but would need more long transition.

                              5- Can I desactivate the 3D Aiming, and activate it later (after obtaining the first weapon for example)

                              6- Can I have (when a weapon is eqquiped in my case) the aiming reticle always visible and free movable via mouse ?

                              7- Last (for today !), is it possible to bind left mouse click to have a melee attack instead of firing with weapon ? In my case, with no gun equiped (if that can work...) my character would do melee attack in front of him, so with no aiming reticle visible, and when choosing a distance weapon, aiming reticle appears and aiming with the mouse as it is by default...

                              Im so sorry, I know that's some particular questions, and I'll try to find response by myself, but I think, with my lake of knowledge in advanced blueprint, it will be epic... !


                              Hope you will see this message ! Thanks for your time !
                              Thanks for kind review. I'm glad you like my kit.

                              1 Yes - look for event "update normal aiming" - this controls if player is turned left or right. There are custom events like rotate player left and right.
                              You can bind A and D keys into these custom events.

                              2 I think you can hide it, but character would stay in aiming position. Look into weapon change graph. You can just hide weapon meshes.
                              As of animations, add new bool variable in anim graph called for example HasWeapon, open locomotion state machine and in states idle/run/crouch/ add node blend pose by bool.
                              Connect variable HasWeapon and for true connect your no weapon animation and for false, connect what was initialy.

                              3 Yes, you can use nodes "Add movement input" for that.

                              4 If you open this BP you can change interpolation speed variable range in properties. Look into section "Interpolating to target camera transform" in that BP.

                              5 Yes, just in depth aiming graph, right after input node, add brach and connect new cretead bool "DepthAimingAvailible" which will block rest of logic.
                              Change "DepthAimingAvailible" whenever you need.

                              6 I'm not sure what do you mean. You want to have crosshair always visible? If yes, it does work different - crosshair is in 3D and is visible at any collision point.
                              You can enable Debig - Draw Aiming Trace to see where you gun points.

                              7 Yes. Go to edit/project settings/input - you can bind your keys as you like.
                              Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                              Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                              Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                              Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                              Comment


                                Thank you hamster for the quick response !

                                I haven't past a long time analysis your blueprint.

                                I've check quickly the 'update normal aiming' event, but for now don't have any idea to where to put my A/D input key in the existing event ^^ Need more time I think :/

                                I think I'll have a hard time trying to have a no weapon with standard animation, but I have the time to make mistake and learn, and to ask you some advices ^^

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X