Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello,

I wanna use the minimap rotating and i don't really understand how it works. In my project, i already make my characters, player and ennemies, so what i have to do for the dots appear on the map?

Thank you for your addon and your help

Leave a comment:

• replied

MeshComp in Minimap capture crashes my game when I click on my load level for my main menu system the minimap capture won't read Mesh comp because it is deprecated. fix plz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 for minimap instructions and/or tutorial.

Also for your information, in MinimapCapture BP, the "MeshComp" node in the Construction Script is deprecated but is still working in 4.22.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a tutorial for a noob like me to follow? so I can easily implement it into my hunger, thirst and stam systems i have already set up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tutorial to give your own character the UI?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Too bad this is so convoluted and difficult. Glad I didn't pay 60 bucks for a digital puzzle box... Some tutorials would go a LONG way. Recommend you stay away unless you like having difficulty.
    Also some of the functions that the dev uses are deprecated for 4.22...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A video demo of how to set this up and use the different widgets involved would really go a long way to making this product more useful. I'm sure that would help you sell a lot more of them too. As someone new to UE this seems like a useful project, but also as someone new, it's hard to know what to import and hookup to get this working within an existing project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cant some make video guide how setup minimap?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey, i am very new to unreal and have a very silly question: the project template used in this asset make it so that the cursor is enabled..how can i disable that feature?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey!
    The colored skybox appears because the camera of the minimap can see it. Not exactly sure how you can disable that, but you could somehow put it in a different layer. Either through the camera settings or you would have to play around with the material?
    As far as tracking the rotation you can try attaching the object to the player. Finally the blips are inside the material again so you could certainly play around with that too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I copied and pasted the code from my characterController to your PrototypeController and now I see the widgets for the action bar, hp bar, and minimap displayed. The minimap also appears to be active. However as seen in my screenshot, the minimap tiles the skybox background. I'd like to Minimap to be an opaque black color and display objects in the scene.

* How do I set the minimap color to opaque black?
    * Is there a way to modify the size of the blips on the minimap?
    * Is there a way to track the rotation of an object (e.g the player) on the minimap?

I haven't tinkered with the other widgets yet so I may have to post more questions later. Please reply when you can.

The pic shows the tiling issue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sfoxx28; 01-11-2019, 12:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi
    I purchased this product because it said there was documentation but sadly there is none. The documentation is all via the demo but this is not useful for C++ developers that dont have experience on blueprints. I also purchased another similar product o n the UE4 market and it has widgets which I can include in a C++ MainMenuMode - anyway I am very disappointed in this product as it does not have any examples of how to use it and it is expected to follow the demo for everything but easy get lost because demo uses window triggers and at the end of the day is confusing. Please supply a document to understand how to add these UI things as was promised way back or please ensure to state clearly that their is no documentation except via a demo where one has to figure it all out or state that only for experienced blueprint users..
    Last edited by petergpls; 11-04-2018, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WRKSGames View Post
    Hi guys

Is anyone getting this to work in 4.18? I am getting cook/compile errors. There are a lot of errors but here is a sample:
    Hey! Did you figure this out? I didn't see your post sooner but I know that it does work for 4.8 for me. and I have tested it by cooking. Is this on a new project or did you add it to your own? Seems like some event delegates have been disconnected. If there are any errors in the blueprints do try to disconnect/connect them again in case this works! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys

Is anyone getting this to work in 4.18? I am getting cook/compile errors. There are a lot of errors but here is a sample:

UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Can't connect pins Object and Return Value : This cast has an invalid target type (was the class deleted without a redirect?). from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] In use pin As Prototype UI Controller no longer exists on node Bad cast node . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Can't connect pins Return Value and Object : This cast has an invalid target type (was the class deleted without a redirect?). from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Can't connect pins Return Value and Object : This cast has an invalid target type (was the class deleted without a redirect?). from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Can't connect pins Object and Return Value : This cast has an invalid target type (was the class deleted without a redirect?). from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] In use pin As Prototype UI Controller no longer exists on node Bad cast node . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] In use pin Slot ID no longer exists on node Call Update Actionbar Content . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] In use pin New Usable Actor no longer exists on node Call Update Actionbar Content . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] In use pin Slot ID no longer exists on node Call Update Actionbar Content . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] In use pin New Usable Actor no longer exists on node Call Update Actionbar Content . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] In use pin Spell Actor no longer exists on node Get . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Create Event : unable to determine expected signature - is the delegate pin connected? from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Create Event : unable to determine expected signature - is the delegate pin connected? from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Event Dispatcher has no property Bind Event to Set Actionbar Highlight from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Event Dispatcher has no property Bind Event to Update Actionbar Content from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Event Dispatcher has no property Bind Event to Use Actionbar Slot from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Failed to create property K2Node_CreateDelegate_OutputDelegate from <None> due to a bad or unknown type (Delegate) from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Failed to create property K2Node_CreateDelegate_OutputDelegate2 from <None> due to a bad or unknown type (Delegate) from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Failed to create property K2Node_CreateDelegate_OutputDelegate3 from <None> due to a bad or unknown type (Delegate) from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Create Event Signature Error: Unable to determine expected signature - is the delegate pin connected? from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base
    UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler ActionbarSlot_Base] Create Event Signature Error: Unable to determine expected signature - is the delegate pin connected? from Source: /Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/ActionBars/ActionbarSlot_Base.ActionbarSlot_Base

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all,

We are participating in the Cyber Monday sale with 50% off!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cybermonday_sale_banner.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	1392203

Leave a comment:

Working...
X