No announcement yet.

User Interface Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on the fence about buying this. On one hand 59.99 USD is perfectly fair for the hardwork and skill that this took to make. On the other, I was wondering 3 things (And probably stupid questions):

1) Is this implementable to a Top Down game? Or only 3rd Person and 1st Person games?
    2) Is this compatible with Multiplayer Top Down Kit?
    and finally
    3) Is there a tutorial vid on making skill trees / spell lists with this program?

Anywho, thank y'all for your time, and that system looks to be worth every penny of it's costs. Y'all really made something epic ^_^, and for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemrog View Post
      I'm on the fence about buying this. On one hand 59.99 USD is perfectly fair for the hardwork and skill that this took to make. On the other, I was wondering 3 things (And probably stupid questions):

1) Is this implementable to a Top Down game? Or only 3rd Person and 1st Person games?
      2) Is this compatible with Multiplayer Top Down Kit?
      and finally
      3) Is there a tutorial vid on making skill trees / spell lists with this program?

Anywho, thank y'all for your time, and that system looks to be worth every penny of it's costs. Y'all really made something epic ^_^, and for a good price.
      Hello,
      This should be implementable in any type of game. While the examples are in third person template I believe you can 'transfer' them anywhere you'd like.
      2, I do not know about it being compatible with multiplayer top down kit since I do not own it. If anyone knows anything about it, please reply!
      Finally, 3, creating skill trees and spells is extremelly easy in this kit. Nevertheless I should point out that this is NOT a skill/spell system but a user interface kit, and those are examples and not complete frameworks. Many decide to build upon those 'example' systems, and that's fine though.
      Check my User Interface Kit here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Interface-Kit
      A WIP Hex Planet Generation: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ral-Generation

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for the reply, and I'll definitely be buying this then. Thank you very much for your reply ^_^.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemrog View Post
          Awesome! Thank you for the reply, and I'll definitely be buying this then. Thank you very much for your reply ^_^.
          You are welcome,
          if by any chance you have troumble implementing the Kit in a Top Down game, please email me, and I'll do my best to help.
          Check my User Interface Kit here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Interface-Kit
          A WIP Hex Planet Generation: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ral-Generation

Comment

Ok, so I bought the kit and I'm now trying to figure out how to use it in my project.
            Is there any chance we get the promised tutorial? I mean a simple walkl through would be nice already: Here is how you create a window with buttons, here is how you do drag and drop, here is how to use the minimaps. The project included is obviously it's own design and the way things are done there aren't how other's will do it. i wasn't even able to find an example of how the sample spellbook window is made, there are merely elements that make up the window, but how are they all put together?

A tutorial, even if only with texts would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
              Ok, so I bought the kit and I'm now trying to figure out how to use it in my project.
              Is there any chance we get the promised tutorial? I mean a simple walkl through would be nice already: Here is how you create a window with buttons, here is how you do drag and drop, here is how to use the minimaps. The project included is obviously it's own design and the way things are done there aren't how other's will do it. i wasn't even able to find an example of how the sample spellbook window is made, there are merely elements that make up the window, but how are they all put together?

I second that... it would be really helpful because the tools have 0 walktroughs or guides for people who is just starting and wanted an UI

Comment

Originally posted by Arukaito View Post
                I second that... it would be really helpful because the tools have 0 walktroughs or guides for people who is just starting and wanted an UI
                Hey guys!
                As I said before I have found that everyone stumbles upon different problems. We thought that most of it is covered in the showcase level and the comments. You can open the showcased item and just see how it works!
                In anycase if you guys think that a simple walkthrough would cover your questions I will gladly sit down and make one! I just figured that since everyone had different questions this thread became slowly a small collection of tips!

Anyway, as I said I will gladly make one, but I am always available for contact via email for more specific questions!

Comment

When you place and scale and action bar and enter the number of slots the real one in game will be scaled diffferently unless you make it scale so that it shows the exact number of slots. This is cumbersome. Either it should scale in the editor to the NOF slots entered in the input field or it should take the Nof slots from the size. It is difficult to make a layout with other widgets when the bar changes it's size
                  Last edited by Wallenstein; 03-13-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

When you place and scale and action bar and enter the number of slots the real one in game will be scaled diffferently unless you make it scale so that it shows the exact number of slots. This is cumbersome. Either it should scale in the editor to the NOF slots entered in the input field or it should take the Nof slots from the size. It is difficult to make a layout with other widgets when the bar changes it's size
                    Well.. I guess that's a nice suggestion. I am not sure though, that it's possible (at least without fiddling with C++ plugins..)
                    I don't think its that hard though to just put the number in the box and drag the actionbar once. After that you just move it without changing its size.
                    I can put some thought into it if you want but I don't find it as a priority..

Comment

There is a small bug. This error message reported that the pointed element was invalid. A simple IsValid here should do the trick I think

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1124669

I'm also getting the following warnings from the UI kit when packing for shipping:

UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:470][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning Node K2Node_EaseFunction_5 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:471][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning Node K2Node_EaseFunction_5 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:482][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning [0018.07] Compile of GradientBar_Base successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 13 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/GradientBars/GradientBar_Base.GradientBar_Base)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:491][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning [0018.08] Compile of GradientBar_Base successful, but with 3 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/GradientBars/GradientBar_Base.GradientBar_Base)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:501][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning [0018.09] Compile of GradientBar_Base successful, but with 4 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/GradientBars/GradientBar_Base.GradientBar_Base)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:916][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning 'Item' is already a 'Talent Tree', you don't need K2Node_DynamicCast_1198 .
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:924][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning [0018.51] Compile of TalentSlot successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 12 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/TalentTree/TalentSlot.TalentSlot)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:931][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning [0018.52] Compile of TalentSlot successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/TalentTree/TalentSlot.TalentSlot)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.12:941][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning [0018.53] Compile of TalentSlot successful, but with 3 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/TalentTree/TalentSlot.TalentSlot)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.13:589][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning K2Node_CallFunction_10567 is deprecated; Use the new version of Set Input Mode Game And UI instead
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.13:602][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning [0019.19] Compile of PrototypeUI_Controller successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 31 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Blueprints/PrototypeUI_Controller.PrototypeUI_Controller)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.13:614][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning [0019.20] Compile of PrototypeUI_Controller successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 2 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Blueprints/PrototypeUI_Controller.PrototypeUI_Controller)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.13:621][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning [0019.21] Compile of PrototypeUI_Controller successful, but with 3 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Blueprints/PrototypeUI_Controller.PrototypeUI_Controller)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.16:214][ 0]LogBlueprintDebugisplay: Encountered a blueprint breakpoint in /Game/Client/UserInterface/HUD/HUD/LowerControlWindow.LowerControlWindow without an associated node. The blueprint has been remoevd
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.27:992][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning Node K2Node_EaseFunction_5 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.27:998][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning Node K2Node_EaseFunction_5 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:009][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning [0033.59] Compile of GradientBar_Base successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 19 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/GradientBars/GradientBar_Base.GradientBar_Base)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:018][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning [0033.60] Compile of GradientBar_Base successful, but with 3 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/GradientBars/GradientBar_Base.GradientBar_Base)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:030][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler GradientBar_Base] Warning [0033.61] Compile of GradientBar_Base successful, but with 4 Warning(s) [in 1 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/GradientBars/GradientBar_Base.GradientBar_Base)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:056][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning K2Node_CallFunction_10567 is deprecated; Use the new version of Set Input Mode Game And UI instead
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:070][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning [0033.66] Compile of PrototypeUI_Controller successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 29 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Blueprints/PrototypeUI_Controller.PrototypeUI_Controller)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:078][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning [0033.66] Compile of PrototypeUI_Controller successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Blueprints/PrototypeUI_Controller.PrototypeUI_Controller)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:090][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning [0033.68] Compile of PrototypeUI_Controller successful, but with 3 Warning(s) [in 2 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Blueprints/PrototypeUI_Controller.PrototypeUI_Controller)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:233][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning 'Item' is already a 'Talent Tree', you don't need K2Node_DynamicCast_1198 .
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:240][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning [0033.82] Compile of TalentSlot successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 10 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/TalentTree/TalentSlot.TalentSlot)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:248][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning [0033.83] Compile of TalentSlot successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 0 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/TalentTree/TalentSlot.TalentSlot)
                      UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.03.14-06.54.28:260][ 0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [Compiler TalentSlot] Warning [0033.84] Compile of TalentSlot successful, but with 3 Warning(s) [in 2 ms] (/Game/UI_Kit/Widgets/TalentTree/TalentSlot.TalentSlot)

Will these be problematic once I start to use the widgets?
                      Last edited by Wallenstein; 03-14-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

There is a small bug. This error message reported that the pointed element was invalid. A simple IsValid here should do the trick I think
                        Will these be problematic once I start to use the widgets?
                        Hm, I can queue the is valid for the next update! Thanks about that!

Now, as the warnings say I don't believe there will be any problems:
                        for instance:
                        Warning Node K2Node_EaseFunction_5 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
                        This is an UE node; so I don't think its a problem

Warning 'Item' is already a 'Talent Tree', you don't need K2Node_DynamicCast_1198 .
                        means that there is an extra cast somewhere: this is pruned by the compiler in any case. It's in there to be clearer to the reader

[Compiler PrototypeUI_Controller] Warning K2Node_CallFunction_10567 is deprecated
                        Is a deprecation warning: we have time to update that node to the new one (until 4.17 I believe)

Comment

Hi,

could you explain what the box size does in the capture device? I'm playing around with it but I can't see any difference that it would make. I have attached the capture to my character by the way to capture the surrounding at a higher resolution than would be possible if I captured the whole map, since my maps are quite large, I don't know if that would be the reason why the box size does nothing

Comment

Hi,
                            could you explain what the box size does in the capture device? I'm playing around with it but I can't see any difference that it would make. I have attached the capture to my character by the way to capture the surrounding at a higher resolution than would be possible if I captured the whole map, since my maps are quite large, I don't know if that would be the reason why the box size does nothing
                            Hey, the box size is there as a parameter for you to cover all the map. It also helps you if you want to use your own texture as a map (if you press show decal while having selected a texture). Now if you plan on attaching the capture to the character, I guess it's not really that important and you can keep it small. Specifically, it is the maximum level size that gets captured (thus shown) in the maps.

Comment

There should definitely be some tutorials for this. Either written in documentation or video. Trying to migrate any of the UI is a nightmare. I even tried just flat out parenting your controller and pawn to my controller and pawn respectively. Still, things don't work. There should be documentation about detaching a specific layout example to function on it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by TheQuiet1994 View Post
                                There should definitely be some tutorials for this. Either written in documentation or video. Trying to migrate any of the UI is a nightmare. I even tried just flat out parenting your controller and pawn to my controller and pawn respectively. Still, things don't work. There should be documentation about detaching a specific layout example to function on it's own.
                                Hello!

Migrating the whole pack and then parenting the "PrototypeUI_Controller" to yours (UI being the parent), or just using it as is (if you don't have anything on your controller) should totally work. From then you just use everything as shown in the examples.

The only exception that needs a bit more attention is the minimap/map that also needs one MinimapCapture actor placed on your level to work (again, as shown in the showcase map).

If you still have troumble with any step, you can email me and I'll do my best to help you out!

Thanks,
                                Last edited by Semitable; 05-27-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X