Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User Interface Kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [SUBMITTED] User Interface Kit

    User Interface Kit
    A great collection of widgets & UI elements for your projects





    Now available on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/8Or2/
    Now available on UE4 Marketplace https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-interface-kit


    Hey everyone!
    After a long time of creating and tinkering our "UI kit" we finally submit our content in the UE4 marketplace!
    Our goal is to make a kit that will make easy to prototype your user interface in a few minutes using included widgets and icons!

    I'll include a description of the content below:

    - 3 Working minimaps (Shown below) with zoom capabilities, map capturing, ability to use your own maps, points of interest etc)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	minimaps_3.png Views:	1 Size:	296.4 KB ID:	1166840

    - 1 simple Compass

    - 4 Working actionbars where you can bind anything you need! (Includes a nice code base and examples!)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	f_actionbars.png Views:	1 Size:	202.1 KB ID:	1166841

    - Several health/mana/experience (&more) bars to make a prototyping game look great (Those will include horizontal bars like the one below and round/circular orbs. You can obviously choose whatever color you need!)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	healthbars.png Views:	1 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	1166842


    - Two styles of window widgets - resizable and draggable and with (optional) tabs where you can add any content you wish (like an inventory or a talent tree)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	windows.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.3 KB ID:	1166843


    Textures/Icons

    ~40+ Spell icons
    ~10+ Modern weapon icons
    ~15+ Sword/axe/armor etc icons
    ~20+ Generally used item icons (like coins, gold, rocks, wood etc)
    ~Several potions/consumables etc
    ~A few setting icons (like achievements, character menu etc)



    Every single widget will come with several use case examples on the showcase level and will be well-commented and documented!
    I'll include some screenshots from our level:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	icons.jpg Views:	1 Size:	227.6 KB ID:	1166844
    Click image for larger version  Name:	f_Capture9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	1166845
    Click image for larger version  Name:	f_capture11.jpg Views:	1 Size:	206.3 KB ID:	1166846

    Since we want our content to be accessible to everyone who needs it but we also want to be able to release updates and support anyone who buys it we'll have a price of $59.99!

    This thread will also serve as a support thread and I'll try to keep it updated with our latest updates!
    Last edited by Semitable; 11-28-2017, 06:15 PM.
    Check my User Interface Kit here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Interface-Kit
    A WIP Hex Planet Generation: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ral-Generation

    #2
    Sounds very useful. Be sure not to price it so low you cannot afford to support it going forward.

    Comment


      #3
      This looks great, and yes exactly what Havoc said as well. Cant wait to see more

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by HavocX View Post
        Sounds very useful. Be sure not to price it so low you cannot afford to support it going forward.
        Originally posted by BTLRoach View Post
        This looks great, and yes exactly what Havoc said as well. Cant wait to see more
        Thanks a lot! I hope they'll be soon available! Do you think something in the $50 range should be good? Or too much? Unfortunately I don't have a good idea about the volume of sales to make a good prediction

        Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR
        Did you paint these ~100s icons or have author's permission to sell them?
        Every icon and texture displayed and contained is 100% created by us, exclusively for this pack! We included the icons to make a more "complete" UI kit since I found many times needing simple item icons for prototyping!
        Last edited by Semitable; 11-13-2015, 03:28 PM.
        Check my User Interface Kit here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Interface-Kit
        A WIP Hex Planet Generation: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ral-Generation

        Comment


          #5
          Looks really cool.And regarding pricing I think 50-60 dollars should work.Based on my own experiences and I think others here can confirm, princing it lower does not necessarily increase your revenue,but it does increase the support you have to give to everyone, so don't go too cheap. Good luck with it! Will probably buy it at some point!
          Check out my 2D Platforming Kit!
          Check out my Stylized Woodland Environment
          Check out my Random Item Generator
          Check out my P
          ixel Platformer Tileset
          Check out my Mesh to Terrain Converter

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by axell699 View Post
            Looks really cool.And regarding pricing I think 50-60 dollars should work.Based on my own experiences and I think others here can confirm, princing it lower does not necessarily increase your revenue,but it does increase the support you have to give to everyone, so don't go too cheap. Good luck with it! Will probably buy it at some point!
            Yeah that seems quite right! Thanks a lot too!

            We also plan to make a video tutorial soon since it will probably help everyone integrate the kit to his own project!
            Also do you guys have any requests on extra widgets? Maybe a few more icons of a specific type? We'll be glad to add a few extra stuff till we submit on Monday!
            Check my User Interface Kit here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Interface-Kit
            A WIP Hex Planet Generation: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ral-Generation

            Comment


              #7
              This is a great idea, and looks incredibly well done. You have a buyer here

              Price? Has to be $60 minimum surely? It would be a bargain at that price.

              Ideas for other widgets? How about incoming damage direction indicators?

              Looking forward to this, I hope it doesn't take months to get on the Marketplace.

              Cheers.

              Comment


                #8
                This is pretty sweet! How easy is it to swap out styles with our own?

                Comment


                  #9
                  One of the most amazing assets 100% usefull, answer 1 question, its possible to show the mini map (not when you are over something like in the vid) only when use an item?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    This is a pretty awesome kit. As for using your own styles, I bet its pretty basic to do as long as it scales well
                    Movable Widgets

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Looking forward to this it looks very practical and good graphics

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Yeah I'd pay 50-60 for it no problem. Would be a release day sale for me.
                        Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

                        Comment


                          #13
                          this rocks! Well done!
                          JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hey love the work you guys did on the UI kit looks great!

                            I would personally pay upwards of $120 for this given how many hours went into making it and how much time it would save me.

                            With a higher price you can limit the number of initial developers to the ones where this kit meets a majority of their needs. If you price it too low you will bring in much more noise from a long tail of developers who will ask for a much wider range of features and spread your effort thin. I think for the first few weeks/months you want to hone the product to meet the expectations of the higher paying developers rather than try to go after more revenue with a lower price. I think 10 great and serious developers at $100 is better than 100 hobbyist developers at $10 for the initial stages of this kit. Over time you can lower the price when you are ready to expand the features.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by MajorFailure View Post
                              This is a great idea, and looks incredibly well done. You have a buyer here
                              Ideas for other widgets? How about incoming damage direction indicators?
                              Thanks for the suggestion! I'll think about making a list about a few extra widgets like this one that we will add in a future release! I like the idea and it seems both useful (probably to everyone) and not very hard to implement!

                              Originally posted by _cDub View Post
                              This is pretty sweet! How easy is it to swap out styles with our own?
                              Swapping styles should be quite easy as long as the textures you import are cropped in the same manner with ours. For example the actionbar is made from one center piece (the slot) since it's repeated for as many slots as you need - and the two side pieces (left and right).

                              Originally posted by Neff10 View Post
                              One of the most amazing assets 100% usefull, answer 1 question, its possible to show the mini map (not when you are over something like in the vid) only when use an item?
                              Thanks a lot! The minimap and all the other stuff are independant widgets. You should be able to just add and remove them from screen whenever you want!
                              Also the examples we use have in the level are as general as possible. We used simple triggers to open the windows but you can obviously replace them with the press of a button, use of an item or just the simple buttons on the UI.

                              Originally posted by Mentos View Post
                              With a higher price you can limit the number of initial developers to the ones where this kit meets a majority of their needs. If you price it too low you will bring in much more noise from a long tail of developers who will ask for a much wider range of features and spread your effort thin. I think for the first few weeks/months you want to hone the product to meet the expectations of the higher paying developers rather than try to go after more revenue with a lower price. I think 10 great and serious developers at $100 is better than 100 hobbyist developers at $10 for the initial stages of this kit. Over time you can lower the price when you are ready to expand the features.
                              Now about the price we are still thinking about it! What you have all mentioned about not going too low seems right and we'll take it into consideration! Thanks a lot
                              Last edited by Semitable; 11-15-2015, 11:49 AM.
                              Check my User Interface Kit here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Interface-Kit
                              A WIP Hex Planet Generation: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ral-Generation

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X