Heroic Fantasy Models PBR Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAUGING INTEREST] Heroic Fantasy Models PBR Ready

Hi there, we recently took our creation process to a higher level. higher fidelity materials with PBR workflow, higher polycount as well.
    We now have 8 models PBR ready, and the library keeps growing.

Just want to know if you guys would be interested in those models.

Monster Boss:

Reaper

Giant Worm

Dragon Rex Alpha

Earth Titan

Werecrab

Werehog

Weranglerfish

Wererhino

Looking forward to know if you guys are interested.

Cheers!
    I am, make more of these please.
    62.12%
    I am not, but models look good.
    15.15%
    I am but the quality isn't what I am looking for
    13.64%
    I am not because the quality isn't there.
    9.09%
    Last edited by PROTOFACTOR INC; 02-10-2016, 04:07 PM.
    Check out our 3D game characters online store: http://protofactor.biz

I really like the Earth Titan and the Wereangler! Nice work

I like the Dragon Rex too, but I think he would look better with some more feline/raptor like claws - a bit more slender claws and toes for instance. But that's just my personal taste, it still looks great
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Of course we are! Those look fantastic. I wrote a post specifically requesting for these humanoid characters & animations. Those models go beyond my expectations. I can easily visualize combining Earth Titan with GOLEMCraft.

I have three questions:

1) Are the non-biped (Giant Worm) an multi-ped (DragonRex) compatible w/ UE4 Mannequin Skeleton?
      2) Are PBR materials customize-ready with adjustable parameters?
      3) Will you supplement the Characters with new armors, accessories, and skins/materials? My reasoning for this here.
      HeadlessStudios.com - S P A G H E T T I: Ninja Swords, Guns & Monsters & Other S**t! - Join Our Discord

Comment

@ n00854180t: thanks, glad you like some of these.

@ TechLord: Glad you're interested in those creations. I check your thread, that's funny you're looking for were creatures, since I'm on a pack of these right now. As you can see I already have werecrab, werehog and weranglerfish. Wererhino is on its way. and four more are coming: weresquid, werecroc, weretoad and weresnake. I already created minotaur, harpy and gorgon some time ago, but those models are not PBR ready and would need a facelift...

Comment

I can't answer your two first questions... my knowledge of UE4 is pretty limited unfortunately...
          As for your last question, these characters won't have any other armor or accessories.

Comment

added a poll, to know what you guys think.

Comment

Could use the titan without that neck bracelet, also need to see animations before i judge.
              [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

The models look great, though I also would need to see the animations. Will there be multiple material instances that the critters can use? If not, will you be providing a UV template so we can create our own?
                WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                  Could use the titan without that neck bracelet, also need to see animations before i judge.
                  You can check out its animation in the sketchfab 3D viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                    The models look great, though I also would need to see the animations. Will there be multiple material instances that the critters can use? If not, will you be providing a UV template so we can create our own?
                    you can check out the animations in the sketchfab viewer, I will update the Dragon Rex Alpha, reaper, Giant worm, spawned worm to showcase the animations a little bit later. It's totally possible to add the UVs template, if you guys want to create additional skins.

Comment

Hi PROTOFACTOR

I liked a lot! I would love to have your imagination. Your creatures are really nice and appealing.

WERANGLERFISH is a perfect Lovecraftian Deep One

But I still think, I do not know if it is technically possible, because I have never tried it. The ability to interchanging creature's parts. A workflow able to exporting to 3d app and re-importing a personalized basemesh for each part in each creature to be able to create an entirely new creature.

luny;B
                      lunybunny.com
                      lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by PROTOFACTOR View Post
                        I can't answer your two first questions... my knowledge of UE4 is pretty limited unfortunately...
                        As for your last question, these characters won't have any other armor or accessories.
                        Perhaps, Other 3D Artists can author accessories for these creature designs? I'm learning to use Blender. As 3D Modeler Novice I find it easier to learn using reference models to build on while I develop my skills. I thought to myself, why not create modular accessories packs for existing 3D assets? I'll check with Epic and Authors to determine if there would be issues in doing such.

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                        Hi PROTOFACTOR

I liked a lot! I would love to have your imagination. Your creatures are really nice and appealing.

WERANGLERFISH is a perfect Lovecraftian Deep One

But I still think, I do not know if it is technically possible, because I have never tried it. The ability to interchanging creature's parts. A workflow able to exporting to 3d app and re-importing a personalized basemesh for each part in each creature to be able to create an entirely new creature.

luny;B
                        I'm a proponent of Customizable 3D Entities. I know it is possible based on what I've seen with DAZ3D's Genesis Characters and Supersuit. Its currently a more complex workflow and model design using morph targets. However, I believe Modular Morphing 3D Entities & Accessories for real-time use is the future workflow and tools making these features easier to implement and use is the direction 3D Apps will take. 3D Artist who adopt a design methodology and workflow now, are the visionaries that will guide this direction.
                        HeadlessStudios.com - S P A G H E T T I: Ninja Swords, Guns & Monsters & Other S**t! - Join Our Discord

Comment

Hi TechLord

I remember in UDK`s Unreal Tournament 3 content example, as well as different programming ingredients em Uscript, It was possible to create a totally customizable creature based on parts called Gibs and UTFamily, an info class for factions, modifying only a small templates variety for characters in photoshop and any 3d modeling app.

And this article was 7 years ago: http://ut3.gamebanana.com/skins/43905

and in new Unreal Tournament this is not very different
                          https://www.unrealtournament.com/characters

luny;B
                          lunybunny.com
                          lunybunny.com

Comment

doesn't seem to have that many people interested in those characters... Not sure if it's worth it to port them to UE4 Marketplace...

Comment

Originally posted by PROTOFACTOR View Post
                              doesn't seem to have that many people interested in those characters... Not sure if it's worth it to port them to UE4 Marketplace...
                              Forum polls are not a very good indicator. Port it, but make it so that people can target (hide) specific bone meshes, like the bracelet. Imho, certainly worth it, with the lack of current options. And sell each character separate.
                              [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

Working...
                              X