No announcement yet.

Modular Menu System - Create your Menus in Minutes, not Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed the sale in may - when's the next sale?

Comment

Originally posted by morbidipus View Post
      Missed the sale in may - when's the next sale?
      Good question ... no plans for the next sale though
      Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
      Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

Comment

Good news everyone, we have updated the Modular Menu System to version 1.4.
        This update contains the following changes:
        • Every Add... BP node will now return a reference to the newly created menu element (e.g. a button)
        • Auto-save dialog/menu object into event handler at menu construction

Now every time you add a new menu element via one of the AddXXX Blueprint nodes, the newly created element is returned back to you. Usually you won’t need to interact directly with those objects. You might, however, want to hook custom event handler functions to the event dispatchers within the menu elements. That way you can omit the generic MMS Event Handler and react to user interaction events, such as button clicks for example, directly in your BP graph.

To make use of that feature you will need to bind a custom event to the new element's event dispatcher. You can easily do so by dragging a line out of the return value of the AddXXX BP node, search for "dispatcher" in the context menu, and click on the "Assign … Dispatcher" option. This will automatically generate an event function for you to use in your BP graph.

For example, to print out the ID of a button when it has been clicked you can create something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MMS-Update.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1113931

We hope you like this new update.
        As usual, if you need any help with the MMS, please don't hesitate to post into the MMS support thread.

Cheers

PS: We have updated the MMS manual as well, which you can download from here.
        Last edited by MaFloBra; 08-17-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Rock on! A very welcome update... Thanks a ton!

Comment

I want to buy this, but I am using UE 4.13.0 ...on the marketplace it says supported engines 4.10 - 4.12 ..will it still work? ...if not ..will you keep updating it for the different engine versions as they get higher?

Comment

Originally posted by BES12000 View Post
              I want to buy this, but I am using UE 4.13.0 ...on the marketplace it says supported engines 4.10 - 4.12 ..will it still work? ...if not ..will you keep updating it for the different engine versions as they get higher?
              Hi, yes of course we keep the Modular Menu System compatible to new UE4 versions.
              We have alredy updated it for 4.13 and sent it to Epic for review.
              Since it's weekend now it might take a few days to get online.

I will post here again as soon as the update is online!

Comment

Originally posted by haimat View Post
                Hi, yes of course we keep the Modular Menu System compatible to new UE4 versions.
                We have alredy updated it for 4.13 and sent it to Epic for review.
                Since it's weekend now it might take a few days to get online.

I will post here again as soon as the update is online!
                Ok, thank you for the quick response.

Comment

Hello everyone, we are pleased to announce the release of Modular Menu System 1.4.1.
                  This update brings full support for UE4.13.

As usual, if you have technical questions or find a bug, please don't hesitate to post to our support thread.

Cheesr!

Comment

Has there been any progress making the menus work with gamepads? Also is a 'keybind' menu type planned (I can't see reference to it in the docs)?
                    PSX Shaders | Gangster Weapon Pack | Free Weapon Pack | Various Free Models

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFace View Post
                      Has there been any progress making the menus work with gamepads?
                      Unfortunately I cannot give you any real news on this. We are interested in a solution for our own games as well, so we are indeed working on it. But it seems to be more tricky then we have anticipated. There is a nice system to control the mouse cursor via the gamepad, but it is C++ based, so not an option for the MMS. The other alternative is to "jump" between menu elements like buttons, checkboxes etc. via the gamepad buttons. But that would require a logic in which order to jump, incl. left/right with multiple columns, highlighting those elements, etc. As of now we have not found a solution that is a) robust enough to be shipped to the public, and b) implementable in a reasonable amount of time. We neither want to ship a workaround that would only work for some MMS users, nor do we want to develop a solution for weeks or months, which would cost to much time and money ...

But we still do have that on our todo list for sure!

Originally posted by DaveFace View Post
                      Also is a 'keybind' menu type planned (I can't see reference to it in the docs)?
                      Nope, not as of now, you would need to implement such a menu on your own.

Cheers!

Comment

I can vouch for how nasty it is to integrate gamepad support. I have been doing it manually in my current project.

I am on my 3rd design for how to handle it, and I'm contemplating rearchitecting a 4th time. It's hard to make it usable.

It would be much easier to create a reusable system if
                        - UE would let you specify that a button is hovered programmatically (and otherwise let focus = hover for non-mouse input)
                        - UE would let you pass function references in blueprints

Comment

Hi, we just purchased your MMS and wanted to not just say hi and thank you, but also get a note in, in case we needed to ask any support questions. We sent an email off but did not get a response, so we are adding a note here to find also out if you are still active.

Comment

Originally posted by DDavisDesign View Post
                            Hi, we just purchased your MMS and wanted to not just say hi and thank you, but also get a note in, in case we needed to ask any support questions. We sent an email off but did not get a response, so we are adding a note here to find also out if you are still active.
                            Of course we are still supporting the MMS, so it seems we must have missed your emai. Sorry for that!
                            To which email address have you sent it, can you maybe resend it to mms @ impetus-games.com?

Comment

We are on sale!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ar-menu-system

If you ever wanted to get the Modular Menu System, but thought it would be too expensive, then it's your chance now

Comment

I am having trouble with the Modular Menu System. I can get everything working perfectly, except for scroll boxes that is not the problem. I can get a functioning menu working but only when I start from the editor.
                                If I try to start a standalone game the menus do not appear.
                                I use a simple blueprint like this and when I start from selected viewport the simple menu background appears. This is good.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Simple MMS Blueprint.png
Views:	2
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1119848
                                But when I start using standalone game or launch directly using the executable, the background does not appear.
                                My menus do not appear when I use standalone game and since I can't play through standalone, a lot of items I need to test are impossible.
                                Just wondering if you could help me.

Comment

Working...
                                X