Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplace 4.10 content updates requested

Hi All,

We’re reaching out to you today to let you know that the 4.10 preview has just come out. To make this an easier and faster process for everyone, we wanted to let you guys know to give you ample time to test and prepare your content for updates. For right now what we’d like you to do is go ahead and start testing your products against the 4.10 preview build.

-If they work, great! Hold tight on that until Gold.

-If not, go ahead and start working to make sure you have plenty of time to update.

When Gold hits, we will e-mail you again with a similar e-mail that we sent for 4.9. What we’d like from you then is to:

-Please test your content again against the 4.10 release.

-If it works, great! Please send us an e-mail and let us know that your content is compatible with 4.10. There’s no need to send us your files here.

-If you need to update, please do so and send us your whole project with the update included.

-Please be sure to test against 4.9 and 4.8 to let us know if your project is still compatible with those engine versions so we can update it accordingly.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us here: marketplace-support@unrealengine.com

Thanks,

The Marketplace Team
    Last edited by Smarkoff; 10-14-2015, 04:38 PM. Reason: 4.10 Preview Dropped

Thanks Jon for keeping us informed on whats going on =)
    W3 Studios

Comment

Awesome, I'll get right on that. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Hey Jon,

just to be sure, i already updated my assets for 4.9 some weeks ago and its already live and stuff. Though, i didnt receive the mail you mentioned. Was that intentionally or was i supposed to get it too?

Cheers,
        Indy
        FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
        TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

Originally posted by indygoof View Post
          Hey Jon,

just to be sure, i already updated my assets for 4.9 some weeks ago and its already live and stuff. Though, i didnt receive the mail you mentioned. Was that intentionally or was i supposed to get it too?

Cheers,
          Indy
          I believe he said in another thread that some people who shouldn't have received the email still did. If your product is already displaying it is compatible with 4.9, you shouldn't have to worry. =)

Comment

So far so good for 4.9 and the updates; Though i am a bit worried for future updates that are communicated by mail
            FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
            TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

Thanks all! And yes, I created a mailing list for all sellers, including those that updated to 4.9, and used it for the first time for this. It was the easiest way to do mass messaging, and I'll use it very rarely. Next point release will be email + forums.
              -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

I've never received the email it seems. Luckily I saw this post. I've tested and sent an email.
                |Mitchell Lucas
                |Technical Sound Designer at Magic Leap

Comment

I've noticed that the Animation Starter Pack published by Epic still hasn't been updated to be compatible with 4.9. Is this an oversight, or is the pack being made obsolete?

Also, what recourse do those of us that have already purchased asset packs that then get delisted have? I say this because the one asset pack I bought (SciFi Weapons Dark by Adia) has still not been updated for 4.9 compatibility. As it currently stands, I'm a bit discouraged from purchasing any new packs in case they suddenly vanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaucephal View Post
                    I've noticed that the Animation Starter Pack published by Epic still hasn't been updated to be compatible with 4.9. Is this an oversight, or is the pack being made obsolete?

Also, what recourse do those of us that have already purchased asset packs that then get delisted have? I say this because the one asset pack I bought (SciFi Weapons Dark by Adia) has still not been updated for 4.9 compatibility. As it currently stands, I'm a bit discouraged from purchasing any new packs in case they suddenly vanish.

Hi there!

For packs that are removed from our Marketplace you are able to still download them through your vault if you have purchased them before but may not have them downloaded. If at any point in time you wish to ask for a refund of a submission pulled from the Marketplace please contact us at: marketplace-support@unrealengine.com and we will do what we can. As for the Animation Starter pack, that has been listed now as compatible with 4.9 and we are working on updating the content from Adia now. I'll update this thread when those are done. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Comment

I am working on a ton of stuff for my next update. I'm already in the middle of patch fixes/new features, and I need a major overhaul to the user guide because there are a lot of new features that changed the suggested workflow of the previous version. In the future I'll make sure to make smaller improvements over time to account for the frequent engine updates, but it would be nice to have more than 10 days to make sure everything works properly and is reflected in the user documentation. Right now, I really need more time to get everything in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaucephal View Post

Hey Beaucephal,

I wouldn't let this discourage you. The change to the policy has caught a lot of developers off guard, and the email only went out a few days ago. Now that we are aware of our new responsibilities, it shouldn't be a long wait with future major engine versions. =)

Comment

I hope this is not the way it will be for all future versions. Asking every person on the marketplace to update their package every update regardless of asset compatibility is not very economic and leaves a bad taste for the creators.
                          There has to be a smarter way to do this, I dont think every person updating can work out and probably majority of the updates done by marketplace creators are redundant

If its only for major patches Id understand but if we have to update again regardless for 5.0 and ongoing then I'm frustrated

In Unity, assets are assumed to be working in future versions, and if something does not work the creator will hear it
                          Maybe if changes are made to blueprints, per example, everyone having a blueprint related asset could get a notice in a mail. (if you cant filter that just send everyone a mail and tell its for blueprint creators per example)
                          Let creators test if their blueprint asset still works in the new version and give them a timespan to do so. If they see it works, they leave the asset as is and do not reupload it, and give out a confirmation (per mail, optimally over a built in button in the marketplace that automatically flags the asset as still working) - people that see their asset does not work have to reupload within the timespan. - One idea
                          Last edited by Shrike; 10-04-2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I don't see this as being an issue. With how large the marketplace is now, Jon said it would take 6 weeks for the team to update everything manually. That's time better spent elsewhere, such as adding new features or quality control. The updates are only required for each major release, so the next time we will need to do it is 4.10. It shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes for content creators to individually do this. =)

Also, it was already in the marketplace terms that we are responsible for updating. The team was just kind enough to do it themselves for projects that aren't likely to need revisions with each major release. Now the quantity has just outgrown their ability to extend that courtesy while keeping up with their duties.
                            Last edited by SE_JonF; 10-04-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hi there,

I updated my content (Blueprint Dialogues) and sent an email a little over a week ago but haven't received a response yet. Should I expect it to take a bit longer, or was my message lost in the traffic?

Comment

Working...
                              X