• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAUGING INTEREST] Photoscanned Fruits & Vegetables

Update: There will be 35 meshes for 45$

--------------------
    Hello,
    While waiting for my 'Aged Tools Pack' to be published I started working on another pack for Unreal Marketplace, as title says - scanned fruits and vegetables.
    They're based on real objects recreated using photogrammetry. All models will have ~5k tris with LOD stages for nice detail and 4k PBR textures
    Pack will have more than 20 fruits and vegetables in total, some in variations (like two pears, two plums and so on) and will cost probably 30-40$, depending on how many I make in the end
    Those assets will be great for arch viz - put some fruits in bowl in kitchen!
    Currently I have scanned:
    - ananas
    - two coconuts
    - two figs
    - two garlics
    - two lemons
    - mango
    - two oranges
    - two peaches
    - two pears
    - two plums
    - two different types of pumpkins
    - watermelon
    I'll make onions, bananas and whatever I can find or buy

Let me know if you'd be interested

Here are the screens of few fruits I already processed, I'll be uploading them on my Sketchfab soon

Yes, I can't wait!
    47.62%
    No, thanks...
    28.57%
    Meh, I dunno, maybe :)
    23.81%
    Last edited by mikolajspy; 09-25-2015, 04:53 AM.
    My assets on official Unreal Marketplace
    Gumroad - FREE and paid UE4(not only) assets!
    Unity Asset Store
    Portfolio

Oohh very nice! I'm currently working on the same idea.. For me its just the best thing to start with, when you are new to photogrammetry.

You have done a very nice job! The models are looking really good, I would buy them.
    Last edited by SchnitzelDude; 09-09-2015, 08:00 AM.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
    Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

interesting for me.
      add as many as you can ;-)
      www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Will you be including digital illegal immigrants to pick them, and a digital Donald Trump to promise to kick them out? It might be difficult to get his hair to stand still enough to scan. Joking aside, looks good! What sort of camera and what software are you using?

Necro's Bone Box, Necro's Utility Material Pack, Necro's Utility Material Pack #2, Necro's Rock Box, Necro's Tool Box on the UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

I'm surprised you couldn't find any apples.

Comment

I can send it!

-luny

Originally posted by CheapModeler View Post
            I'm surprised you couldn't find any apples.
            lunybunny.com
            lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
              I can send it!

-luny
              I got the grape.

Comment

Hahaha, thanks
                I'm currently using Sony DSC-HX9V and Agisoft Photoscan
                About apples... well.. I'm too lazy to go to the shop, I'm picking up anything family brings
                I've already tried to scan grape, I didn't figured the way to make 360 scan, it's all moving when you try to rotate it :/
                Unity Asset Store
                Portfolio

Comment

Dont forget some cherries!

Comment

I bring in a banana

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                    Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Yah, keeping the scanned object completely still can be a pain (especially if you want to flip it over to get the bottom as well). Maybe you can find some sort of grape model that isn't floppy. And if you're not doing it, I'd recommend a turntable

Necro's Bone Box, Necro's Utility Material Pack, Necro's Utility Material Pack #2, Necro's Rock Box, Necro's Tool Box on the UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

I'm definitely interested in these. I have been looking for F&V for a game I am currently working on.
                        [Plugin] Social Network (Facebook):https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...gin-(Facebook)

Comment

I'm interested... in eating these

Comment

Thanks!
                            @fighter5347 - Unfortuanetly cherry season is over in my country, but I'll try to figure something out
                            @Necrophob30 - Yes, I'm using tuntable, but grapes are falling apart after trying to rotate them 180. I'll try to hang them on something

Update, some of the fruits/vegetables will have cut halves, no banana for scale yet

Some people are saying that 5k tris and 4k textures (even with LODs) is overkill even for next-gen. I've decided to make a test I've spread randomely 2000 instances, currently without LODs, so it's around ~10 000 000 tris, dynamic lighting, all with physics, and with Geforce 970 GTX I've got minimum 20 FPS when moving and around 50-60 on stills; workname "Fruit Frenzy"
                            Unity Asset Store
                            Portfolio

Comment

Lol, that picture makes me happy for some reason. I dunno about 5k tris being overkill (being round objects, you have to have enough triangles to maintain a nice silhouette, after all), but the 4k textures probably is overkill. Try making 1k versions and look at them side-by-side in game and seeing if it makes much of a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X