Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Frequia View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I did try to cast to the BP_Projectile_Base from the hit event but that didnt work. I also tried to create a blocking volume to block all, with no luck. Can I paste the EVO suit system nodes into the BP_Projectile_Base in the projectile sector and connect the EVO suit system from the hit event in there? Incase this is the solution, can you show me how I would set up the nodes from the EVO suit to the hit event in the projectile sector?
    I'm sorry, I forgot to add the screenshot to the last reply. Yes, I was talking about using the hit registration from the projectile base itself. You can delete the area marked in red in the screenshot below, & instead cast the hit actor to your EVO suit & call the custom flash event. I tried it out by firing at some static meshes as well as a new character class actor & in both cases, it seems to register the hit. So I don't think you'll have to change any of the collision settings, seeing that your Object Type is World Static, which blocks the projectiles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	projcoll.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	1425962

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your reply. I did try to cast to the BP_Projectile_Base from the hit event but that didnt work. I also tried to create a blocking volume to block all, with no luck. Can I paste the EVO suit system nodes into the BP_Projectile_Base in the projectile sector and connect the EVO suit system from the hit event in there? Incase this is the solution, can you show me how I would set up the nodes from the EVO suit to the hit event in the projectile sector?
    Last edited by ÅsmundSchei; 02-09-2018, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im having trouble with getting the laser projectile from your project, hitting my static mesh. It only detects the character in the blueprint. Here is my mesh bluerpint setup and collision setup. Hope you can help with this one.
    The damage application workflow for projectiles in the toolkit takes place from the projectile to target direction. Since the default collision logic exists within the projectile class, I'd suggest removing it (the part marked in red in screenshot) from the 'BP_Projectile_Base' blueprint, then wrapping up your flash logic as an event within the EVO suit class, & calling the flash event instead from the projectile itself (maybe use an interface if multiple types of actors can respond to laser hits). This way you don't have to implement a collision check within all the different types of actors (if you decided to add more in the future) that can perceive a laser hit & instead have the projectile handle the function call. The hit actors only need respond to that call in their own way. Let me know if you need any further help with that matter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im having trouble with getting the laser projectile from your project, hitting my static mesh. It only detects the character in the blueprint. Here is my mesh bluerpint setup and collision setup. Hope you can help with this one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ÅsmundSchei; 02-08-2018, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stormrage256 View Post
    By nav paths, are you referring to the blue line that goes from the enemy spawn points to the Power Core? If so, it is generated automatically based on the underlying navmesh. It's basically a spline component attached to the 'BP_EnemySpawnPoint' actors. The 'CreateNavPath' event handles the creation of spline meshes to lay down a visible path towards the Core.
    Yes, these lines Ive marked. Thanks will try that. And thank you for the elaborated reply.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont know if this question have been solved already, but is it possible to make the bots move around in random paths and not directly to the PowerCore and still act like a enemy? Also, how can I edit the nav paths? Changing all the entries to the lasergun worked perfect, by the way One more question, can I change the bots to have laser projectiles too?
    Being a template for Tower Defense games, the default behavior of the enemy AI bots is to destroy the Power Core as long as they don't get interrupted by external factors like for example, the player character. However, you could replace the logic in the 'MoveToCore' function (within BP_EnemyAI_Parent class) to have the bot move to random locations in navigable space, instead of towards the Power Core itself.

The 'MoveToCore' function gets called only under three circumstances:
    • At the Event Begin Play, when an enemy AI unit is spawned.
    • The Power Core has come into the vision range, & has been set as the active target.
    • The AI has lost track of its active target (usually the player character) & hence decided to return to focus on the default objective.
    If you're not using the Power Core in your simulation, then you probably won't have to deal with the second case. So essentially it will boil down to the bot heading off to check out random locations whenever it doesn't have an active target.

By nav paths, are you referring to the blue line that goes from the enemy spawn points to the Power Core? If so, it is generated automatically based on the underlying navmesh. It's basically a spline component attached to the 'BP_EnemySpawnPoint' actors. The 'CreateNavPath' event handles the creation of spline meshes to lay down a visible path towards the Core.

As for Laser projectiles, there are a few steps involved (Thanks for pointing it out, I will add this to the tutorial section):
    • First, add a new entry to the enum 'EProjectileType' for your Laser projectile.
    • Now, create a new child class based on the 'BP_Projectile_Base' blueprint, set it's 'ProjectileMesh' to a cylindrical static mesh, & use a red emissive material on the mesh. Change it's 'ProjectileType' enum variable to the new value created in the previous step.
    • Open up the 'CreateProjectileOfType' function within 'BP_ProjectileManager', & add a new function to spawn the Laser Projectiles based on the enum switch case. You can check out the existing 'CreateSeekerProjectile' function for reference.
    • Finally, set the 'FireProjectileType' variable of 'BP_EnemyAI_Ranged' to the new Laser value.
    With that, you should have your own custom projectile type. Let me know if you have further queries regarding any of the solutions.
    Last edited by Stormrage256; 01-31-2018, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont know if this question have been solved already, but is it possible to make the bots move around in random paths and not directly to the PowerCore and still act like a enemy? Also, how can I edit the nav paths? Changing all the entries to the lasergun worked perfect, by the way One more question, can I change the bots to have laser projectiles too?
    Last edited by ÅsmundSchei; 01-30-2018, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, I will check that. The animations dont need to be any advanced stuff Maybe you can use the Epic animation starterpack. Hope they make it into the update. Looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What would be nice in this pack is a set of AIs that have guns to, like the player Do you plan to add that in the future? I am developing a lasertag simulator and are in the need of AIs with laserguns and the lasergun in your pack is really great. Also, Im wondering if it is possible to set it to start with the lasergun only and not the other weapons?
    I'm currently working on an update targeted for a mid-February release date. I'll try to include some firing animations for the ranged AI bot.

Thank you for the feedback on Laser weapons. I was going for something similar to the single burst Laser rifles from Fallout 4. Since you're going for a laser themed project, you can easily duplicate & customize the stats for Laser Rifle & Scatter Laser to create different variants, kind of similar to what the weapon mods allow in Fallout.

If you want to use only the Laser weapons, head over to the BP_GameInstance blueprint, expand the WeaponDataArray variable, & delete all entries corresponding to other kinds of weapons.

Name:	wda.png
Views:	26
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	1419612

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What would be nice in this pack is a set of AIs that have guns to, like the player Do you plan to add that in the future? I am developing a lasertag simulator and are in the need of AIs with laserguns and the lasergun in your pack is really great. Also, Im wondering if it is possible to set it to start with the lasergun only and not the other weapons?
    Last edited by ÅsmundSchei; 01-26-2018, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your reply. Now I try to mix the AI from the TPS starter pack with your pack, but I cant get it to work. The AI just stands there and dont move or shoot on me when I walk around. Can you help me with making the AI from the TPS starter pack working with this pack?
    Hi, I do not own the TPS Starter Pack. So it's going to be a bit difficult to say what exactly prevents it's AI from registering the player character. But the first place I'd suggest looking at would be the class responsible for tracking down the player. If the said AI uses Unreal Engine's native AI Perception, you would have to register the tower defense player character as a stimulus source so that it can be perceived by the AI bots. If it's using a custom threat detection system, then it would require adding the player character to it's list of potential targets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your reply. Now I try to mix the AI from the TPS starter pack with your pack, but I cant get it to work. The AI just stands there and dont move or shoot on me when I walk around. Can you help me with making the AI from the TPS starter pack working with this pack?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I just bought this pack and it seems perfect for my needs. I want to know if it is a way to make the game jump right into the game, without having to create a level and wait for the countdown?
    Also, how do I switch weapons? Hope you have time to reply

EDIT: Found out how to switch weapons. But Im having abit trouble on building towers, the tower wont place itself.
    EDIT 2: I changed my mind about the countdown, but where do I find the blueprint for that? I need only 5 seconds to start my game.
    EDIT 3: Found the countdowner
    Hi Frequia, you can jump directly into the sample map provided with the toolkit by playing from the editor. If the default map has for some reason been changed to the Main Menu map in your case, just make sure to open up the 'Map_SampleLevel' map from the Maps folder.

Glad to hear that you've figured out how to switch weapons & edit the countdown. As for the towers, they can only be placed on Grid Generators placed across the level. Each generator creates a user-specified number of grid cells (controlled by the GridCountX & GridCountY variables in the details panel) along its local X&Y axis as shown below:

Name:	gridgenedit.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	1417650

By default, all grid cells turn invisible when the game starts, instead relying on holographic tower projections to guide the player. If you would like to display the grid cells in-game (similar to how it's displayed in the editor above), just make sure to set the 'DisplayGridCells?' variable marked above to True for all Grid Generator actors in the level.

You should ideally be able to see the tower holograms displayed on the grid cell (blue vs red color based on whether a tower can be placed on the said grid cell) when you start the sample map. Just remember that towers require a Tower Base to be placed first. The Tower Bases are essentially a type of tower itself under the hood, but their sole purpose is to reroute enemy traffic and act as platforms for placement of towers. However, if you're still having trouble with tower placement, just let me know. We'll figure where the problem is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I just bought this pack and it seems perfect for my needs. I want to know if it is a way to make the game jump right into the game, without having to create a level and wait for the countdown?
    Also, how do I switch weapons? Hope you have time to reply

EDIT: Found out how to switch weapons. But Im having abit trouble on building towers, the tower wont place itself.
    EDIT 2: I changed my mind about the countdown, but where do I find the blueprint for that? I need only 5 seconds to start my game.
    EDIT 3: Found the countdowner

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dansiff View Post
    any interest in modifying this to work in VR?
    Hi Dansiff, there are no plans to add VR compatibility at the moment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X