Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Poll] - Affordable Landscapes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [MENTION=19317]Cyxx[/MENTION], Thanks for the good news.
    [MENTION=43788]Melbo[/MENTION],

    Artstation
    Join the support channel
    Gumroad Store

    Comment


      [MENTION=13257]Maximum-Dev[/MENTION] Thank you. I shall take a look over the weekend

      Comment


        A middle east style map would be really awesome,

        Comment


          More screens of the latest map added to the package. Will be published soon.





          Artstation
          Join the support channel
          Gumroad Store

          Comment


            How do I get a grass output node (Landscape Grass Type) implemented into the High Grass terrain material? I cant seem to find any node inside it to mask the grass output only spawn on grass areas.
            3D Environment / Prop Artist for Hire
            New York Apartments on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/2W0h/
            Area-Based Procedural Generation on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/M8pc/

            Comment


              Originally posted by NonsenseJudge View Post
              How do I get a grass output node (Landscape Grass Type) implemented into the High Grass terrain material? I cant seem to find any node inside it to mask the grass output only spawn on grass areas.
              Artstation
              Join the support channel
              Gumroad Store

              Comment


                Thanks so much Maximum-Dev! Just what I needed!
                3D Environment / Prop Artist for Hire
                New York Apartments on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/2W0h/
                Area-Based Procedural Generation on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/M8pc/

                Comment


                  I was wondering what are the negative points of scaling up the landscapes? Only stretching the materials/textures?

                  The landscape are too small for what I am trying to accomplish.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lynkk View Post
                    I was wondering what are the negative points of scaling up the landscapes? Only stretching the materials/textures?
                    Textures and materials do not get stretched. Each landscape has a material instance and you have full control over how much a texture tiles at near and far distance.
                    By default there is 1 vertex per meter. Increasing the landscape size from 100 to 200 means there will be 1 vertex per every 2 meters.
                    Artstation
                    Join the support channel
                    Gumroad Store

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                      A middle east style map would be really awesome,
                      Mind explaining a bit more?
                      Artstation
                      Join the support channel
                      Gumroad Store

                      Comment


                        why not a city landscape ?

                        I'm not asking for the buildings and skyscrapers

                        but there are not only the natural forces (wind, erosion, geology) that shape the landscape, there are also humans.
                        the snaking river that ends in a large straight concrete channel
                        a mountainside excavated by a quarry or open air mine
                        embankments, excavation, tunnels for roads and motorways
                        a **** / artificial embankments to create a marina
                        and so on

                        you can remove the buildings, the bridge, the cars, trucks boats, electricity pylon, watertower, and whatever... the city will leave a visible footprint in the landscape

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by sylvain_l View Post
                          why not a city landscape ?

                          I'm not asking for the buildings and skyscrapers

                          but there are not only the natural forces (wind, erosion, geology) that shape the landscape, there are also humans.
                          the snaking river that ends in a large straight concrete channel
                          a mountainside excavated by a quarry or open air mine
                          embankments, excavation, tunnels for roads and motorways
                          a **** / artificial embankments to create a marina
                          and so on

                          you can remove the buildings, the bridge, the cars, trucks boats, electricity pylon, watertower, and whatever... the city will leave a visible footprint in the landscape
                          Such things usually end up being unique, and people tend to avoid using it because that'd look the same in every project. Because of that I always tend to be fully procedural and avoid any unique details (such as what's formed by humans). That being said, when purchased, the user can still implement all they want on top of it.
                          Artstation
                          Join the support channel
                          Gumroad Store

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
                            Mind explaining a bit more?
                            I meant to say Mediterranean style terrain I was thinking something like this, The top is the Judean Mountains, the middle is the countryside and the bottom is the dead sea





                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jojo8026; 08-11-2016, 09:50 AM.

                            Comment


                              [MENTION=287455]jojo8026[/MENTION], Basically you are referring to more hilly and flat-ish landscapes, is that what you want? a landscape free from any steep spots (in other words 100% walkable)?



                              Roadmap is up!

                              You will now see what's on the to-do list, what's being worked on, and what's finished! And it will be updated everyday!

                              https://trello.com/b/jXbsDW8H


                              Notice there is a User Requests list. Nice and popular requests will be added there. So flood the thread with your ideas and requests!
                              Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 08-11-2016, 05:33 PM.
                              Artstation
                              Join the support channel
                              Gumroad Store

                              Comment


                                Buying for sure if you add the dead sea like in the pic above!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X