Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] [Poll] - Affordable Landscapes

Hello dear Unreal Engineers!

We're proud to present you the most popular landscape package available on the Marketplace. Aiming to address all your landscape needs! [Purchase here]
    Note: Due to heavy load of content I have broken everything down into spoilers. Simply toggle them to see the content.

Intro

Spoiler

Landscape Images

Spoiler

Update PDF Files

Spoiler

Videos

Spoiler

Tutorials

Roadmap

https://trello.com/b/jXbsDW8H

How to request a landscape

Spoiler

Other products

Attached Files
    Yes
    36.92%
    No
    63.08%
    Last edited by CheapModeler; 11-21-2016, 08:55 AM.

Price tag?

Comment

Originally posted by CheapModeler View Post

New terrains will be delivered to buyers via a Dropbox account upon proof of purchase.

Hey CheapModeler,

I just wanted to let you know that this isn't really something we can facilitate. Sellers right now don't have the capability to check their order ID's or purchases. The way we do our update process for our sellers is when you want to update, you send us your files with the update included it and we put that up on the marketplace. This way everyone who has purchased is able to update their content as soon as it's ready and we've found that this is easier to support if bugs are found in the update or you need to apply a hotfix after releasing it. If you have questions on this let me know. We did get your submission in yesterday and you should hear more from us either today or early next week.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Comment

Totally understandable.

Although none of my packs have gone live yet on the Marketplace, I've read of some sellers having to wait significant times before their updates have gone through. The intent was always to pass on all new content directly to Epic so that it could be added to the marketplace for all users.

But being that that this is a service that sells itself on future updates, I wanted to be sure that if there are any significant delays in these updates going live on the Marketplace, that buyers have access to the new terrains as soon as possible. I wouldn't want to be in a position where I'm advertising a finished terrain only for buyers to wait 3-4 weeks before it becomes accessible to them. Again this is going off of what I've heard from other sellers.

Nevertheless, to your point, yes. Everything will be submitted to Epic to be added onto Marketplace for all users.
        Last edited by CheapModeler; 07-31-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

It usually does not take more than one week for Epic to publish an update, mostly only a few days
          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

*Breathes a sigh of relief.*

I'm not going to lie John, I'm really excited to get this done. If the pack does well I'll be financially free to begin experimenting with all kinds of varied terrains. *Fingers Crossed*

Comment

Looks good
              You need a Voice Over for your game ? Click ME !

Comment

Originally posted by skobes View Post
                Price tag?
                Sorry about that. We're looking to charge $74.99.

Comment

Terrain #3 and #4 look like they could be used in my project. Is there any chance these terrains can be customized?
                  Don't let your dreams be memes!
                  https://youtu.be/5-sfG8BV8wU

Comment

so your going to add a new Landscape every month, WOW. this looks like a good deal. can I ask for how long will you continue to add them for? and how big are they and or can we set them up to with smaller maps so we can stream levels

Comment

Originally posted by Bearfruit View Post
                      Terrain #3 and #4 look like they could be used in my project. Is there any chance these terrains can be customized?
                      What do you mean customized?

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
                      so your going to add a new Landscape every month, WOW. this looks like a good deal. can I ask for how long will you continue to add them for? and how big are they and or can we set them up to with smaller maps so we can stream levels
                      At minimum the next two years. We're in this for the long haul. Each terrain is 4033x4033 Sq km. With every monthly update the price of the pack will go up by a little to make up for the value added by each new terrain. The sooner someone buys the pack, the better deal they get.

You can definitely set them up with smaller maps so you can stream levels, though that isn't the intent of Infinite Affordable Landscapes. Each landscape is a standalone terrain artistically. They're great for making a varied number of environments for your game. With Infinite Affordable Landscapes your game could conceivably get all the environments it needs in one go to meet all your level design needs.

For example if you're making a racing game you already have canyon, desert, arctic, and tropical environments ready for you to get started with. The same is true for Squad Based PVP games, Third Person Shooters, Point & Click Adventure Games, or any number of other game genres, Archviz projects, or even Unreal rendered short films. The practical uses of these landscapes really are endless .

Furthermore, if additional streaming tiles are necessary for your project, or you need the available landscapes customized in any way, you can always contact us privately and we can work something out @ pixelperfectpolygons@outlook.com.
                      Last edited by CheapModeler; 07-31-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

interesting businesses model you have. do you have any concerns that as you relace more content and prices goes up every month on your pack that new people to the marketplace don't see the value in your pack as they where not there from the start of the pack for the grate value there for effecting sales and your ability to keep updating?
                        what Files will you be providing, high maps as Well.

Comment

I'll get back to you on all the files we'll be including.

As for the cost becoming prohibitively high, preventing people from purchasing the pack, at some point we would begin selling mini-terrain packs of 5 terrains per pack through Sellfy and Gumroad. These mini-packs will cost 25% more than the bulk price savings individuals will get from buying Infinite Affordable Landscapes from the Marketplace. Even then if people just outright don't buy the pack, we will continue to supportit regardless as a show of gratitude for those decided to take the plunge with us.

Like I said, we're in this for the long haul.

Comment

Nice. I am look forward to seeing some more pictures of your work, if they are as good as Pictures 1 and 4 then I will probably buy it.

Comment

TERRAIN #1 - CANYONS

Comment

Working...
                              X