X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by vital_net View Post
    Hello, small issue here,

When adding blendable (Post Process Materials) at runtime, they are not visible on the chameleon blueprint.
    I Imagine they are supposed to show up on the "Native Post process > Rendering Features > Post Process Materials" ?

Thank you, and you done a great job with this Blueprint !!
    Hi,

Thanks. What you mean by "adding blendable"? Chameleon only works as it is with its own effects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darkcodegames View Post
    Thanks so much for this amazing asset - I came from Unity World - and i am super happy to see such amazing Post Processing tool. It does inspire to be more creative and performance is amazing..
    I have one question though - i bought chameleon - and in there - there is LOOK... but i could not blend the Look with my current view. Means - it is 100 percent selected LUT - on/off.

It would be so good to have blending options for LOOK section as well .. What you think ? May be you have it and i overlooked somehow ...

THanks again for this mind bending tool...
    Hi,

Unfortunately, Chameleon doesn't support blending on LOOK! at the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, small issue here,

When adding blendable (Post Process Materials) at runtime, they are not visible on the chameleon blueprint.
    I Imagine they are supposed to show up on the "Native Post process > Rendering Features > Post Process Materials" ?

Thank you, and you done a great job with this Blueprint !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks so much for this amazing asset - I came from Unity World - and i am super happy to see such amazing Post Processing tool. It does inspire to be more creative and performance is amazing..
    I have one question though - i bought chameleon - and in there - there is LOOK... but i could not blend the Look with my current view. Means - it is 100 percent selected LUT - on/off.

It would be so good to have blending options for LOOK section as well .. What you think ? May be you have it and i overlooked somehow ...

THanks again for this mind bending tool...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnADaniels View Post
    Would it be possible to carve out 3 or 4 of the Post Process volumes? If I have a blank map and then load your BP it automatically takes up 160 MEGS of Texture memory. It would be better if these were broken up into individual BluePrints.
    Since you gave a 1 star review with the comment below;

When I purchased this I assumed wrongly that these were modular, they are not. You place a BluePrint into the level then it loads all the effects. This may sound good but if you only want to use a few effects you are still loading about 165 MEGS of texture memory. Also there is a ticket that is constantly running in the BluePrint.

If I had to do it over again I would have purchased the Post Process Blendables Volume 1 by Sameek Kundu for half the price and it is modular.

I did ask the developer about everything I posted here and he said that you will have to manually take his BluePrint apart. I spent at least 4 hours reverse engineering and was able to finally get them into individual BluePrints but like I said, I should have bought Sameek Kundu's instead of this one.

I am not the only one who said this, I was looking in the forum and other people have brought these same points up. I would think the developer would want to make his product with better performance but he does not seem to care.
    Please let me inline with my answers. No want to make this conversation further yet I'm using my right to answer each and of those claims.

When I purchased this I assumed wrongly that these were modular, they are not.

> Why you assumed this "wrongly"?

You place a BluePrint into the level then it loads all the effects.

> Wrong. It only uses the enabled effects.

This may sound good but if you only want to use a few effects you are still loading about 165 MEGS of texture memory.

> TRUE.

Also there is a ticket that is constantly running in the BluePrint.

> If not, how can it know your changes? Again this tick is only for enabled effects.

If I had to do it over again I would have purchased the Post Process Blendables Volume 1 by Sameek Kundu for half the price and it is modular.

> Smell of advertisement.

I did ask the developer about everything I posted here and he said that you will have to manually take his BluePrint apart. I spent at least 4 hours reverse engineering and was able to finally get them into individual BluePrints

> You said:

Would it be possible to carve out 3 or 4 of the Post Process volumes? If I have a blank map and then load your BP it automatically takes up 160 MEGS of Texture memory. It would be better if these were broken up into individual BluePrints.

I replied:

This can be done by modifying the Chameleon blueprint. Keep in mind though, future updates would overwrite your changes so making your changes on a clone blueprint would be a smart move.

but like I said, I should have bought Sameek Kundu's instead of this one.

> So much smell of advertisement.

I am not the only one who said this, I was looking in the forum and other people have brought these same points up.

> You wouldn't believe the feature requests I've received over the years.

I would think the developer would want to make his product with better performance but he does not seem to care.

> https://sumfx.net/docs/chameleon-pos...ess/changelog/

PS: You could just ask for a refund though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnADaniels View Post
    This can be done by modifiying the Chameleon blueprint. Keep in mind though, future updates would overwrite your changes so making your changes on a clone blueprint would be a smart move.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Last edited by JohnADaniels; 04-26-2020, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SUMFX View Post

Hi,

Currently, it's not possible, at least not with the out-of-the-box Chameleon. You would need to do some render texture work on it.
    Originally posted by ridley075 View Post
    Is there an easy way to mask out the Color Grading? Similar to use the custom depth stencils? Got some "UI"elements on some objects that I dont want to color using the color grading...
    K, thanks for the info. Really great stuff btw, i'm going to have fun with all these effects!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ridley075 View Post
    Is there an easy way to mask out the Color Grading? Similar to use the custom depth stencils? Got some "UI"elements on some objects that I dont want to color using the color grading...
    Hi,

Currently, it's not possible, at least not with the out-of-the-box Chameleon. You would need to do some render texture work on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dennypool View Post
    hi guyw, i have a problem with chameleon, i want to replicate the effect i see on the video showcase on youtube, but i dont have this window on the left, and i cant replicate the effect with the options on the classic window of unreal engine on the bottom right, anyone can help me? thanks
    Hi,

It's not the Chameleon's window, instead, a custom made in-game UMG widget to show its realtime capabilities. There's nothing fancy about it though. You can control all properties of the chameleon from other blueprints and in this case, it was controlled by an UMG blueprint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi guyw, i have a problem with chameleon, i want to replicate the effect i see on the video showcase on youtube, but i dont have this window on the left, and i cant replicate the effect with the options on the classic window of unreal engine on the bottom right, anyone can help me? thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chameleon Editor Utility is coming with the next version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CEWPreview2.png
Views:	130
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1722277

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ghostnova91 View Post
    Is there any way to do thermal/heat vision? One that you could also see through walls?
    You can use the "Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip)" effect for this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any way to do thermal/heat vision? One that you could also see through walls?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X