Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [RELEASED] Chameleon Post Process

Chameleon Post Process

Click image for larger version  Name:	Store_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	1483367

NOW ON MARKETPLACE

Current version: 10.0Chameleon is an advanced Post Processing blueprint actor for Unreal Engine 4. You will need to place only one Chameleon actor on your scene to access all of its benefits.
    Chameleon currently has 70 different (and combinable) post process effects with customizable parameters and planned to be updated constantly with new effects.

Click here for a list of all effects

Effect requests from the community would be appreciated!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Store_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	381.3 KB ID:	1483370

Click image for larger version  Name:	Store_3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	308.9 KB ID:	1483371

Click image for larger version  Name:	Store_4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	449.0 KB ID:	1483372

Click image for larger version  Name:	Store_5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	431.6 KB ID:	1483373

▼ Changelog

Spoiler

CHAMELEON IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE.

PACKAGE UPDATES ARE INTENDED TO BE USED AND DEVELOPED WITH THE LATEST STABLE UNREAL ENGINE VERSION AVAILABLE ON THE RELEASE TIME OF THAT PACKAGE. IF YOU WANT TO GET THE LATEST FEATURES THAT CHAMELEON OFFERS, PLEASE USE THE LATEST ENGINE VERSION.
    Last edited by SumFXSupport; 01-31-2019, 11:38 AM.

• replied
    A new version of the "Kaleidoscope" effect, coming with the next update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Hi,

Dithering effect is in active development. Can't promise for it to be included in the next update but you can expect it to be included in one of the next two updates.
    And this is how it looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	583.7 KB
ID:	1662900

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Likvidator3828 View Post
    Hello, any news on whether dithering effect is upcoming in a new update? Or any plans in the future? Thanks!
    Hi,

Dithering effect is in active development. Can't promise for it to be included in the next update but you can expect it to be included in one of the next two updates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, any news on whether dithering effect is upcoming in a new update? Or any plans in the future? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Gradient Fog" is a new effect from the upcoming update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Speed Lines" is a new effect from the upcoming update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Sum, thanks for this awesome blueprint! I really enjoy it.

But maybe can you give me a small advice how tl create a small transition for the post process?
    It appears directly if i walk into it.
    I found a opacity float into the struct variable but i stuck at this point.

Can you help?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SumFX View Post

You need to enable custom depth stencil in your project settings. After that, you can apply almost all of the effects to actors with the specific stencil ID(s). All effects have an "advanced" section (dropdown) in the details window. You will find the masking options there but first, -as I said earlier- you will need to go into the editor project settings under rendering ->post processing and set the "custom depth stencil pass" setting to Enabled with Stencil.
    Ok Sum, I've enabled the option in project settings and attempted to play around with some things but I can never get any postive results trying to control anything. The only thing i've got working is a global post process over my whole scene. To do that I just made a child of the Chameleon BP and added it to my persistant level in my project. What is the correct work flow here? If for example I have a player_BP that has the ability to speedburst, and I want to make the radial blur effect only appear when he is in speedburst how do I make it happen? I've tried following the online documentation with the blueprint setup as well as enabling the option in project settings. I'm just not seeing the line of connections and how it all works.

1. Do you only place one chamelean bp in your project and access that bp in all your other blueprints, essentially just changing the settings on the fly? This seems wrong because it would disable my global settings that are setting the look of the scene.

2. Do I create children blueprints of the chameleon bp for all the effects I want and set them up some way that I don't see?

Obivously they have to be unbound so the effects don't efect the entire scene. Is it have possible to have something effect the whole scene but have it hidden until i need it to appear? Help please, its obvious i'm just not seeing something.
    Last edited by xpgained; 08-11-2019, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Meledoor View Post
    Hi, everyone! Please say me, how create custom effect? I have post process material, but original functions for new material don't work
    Sorry for my english
    Hi,

What do you mean by custom effect? Can you give me an example?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by QuasiBerrry View Post
    Is the "Toon Shading" effect the only way to get an outline around models? If so, is there a way to get it to play nice with Masked materials and the DitherTemporalAA material node (faked transparency)? The ice cube on the left is with Chameleon off and the right is with it turned on. I assume its applying the outline around each opaque pixel...any way around this? If I set the material to Translucent the effect isn't applied to it all, which is fine by me but I want to avoid using the Translucent material for performance.
    You are right about applying the outline to each opaque pixel, so it's not working fine with the dithering. It's also not working with the translucent materials since the depth information is altered. You may want to try "Edge Detect" effect with the stencil masking option. This effect has nothing to do with the depth information and all computing is done on the final image. And please let me know if it works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, everyone! Please say me, how create custom effect? I have post process material, but original functions for new material don't work
    Sorry for my english

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is the "Toon Shading" effect the only way to get an outline around models? If so, is there a way to get it to play nice with Masked materials and the DitherTemporalAA material node (faked transparency)? The ice cube on the left is with Chameleon off and the right is with it turned on. I assume its applying the outline around each opaque pixel...any way around this? If I set the material to Translucent the effect isn't applied to it all, which is fine by me but I want to avoid using the Translucent material for performance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by frostic View Post
    nevermind i had added a "recipe" to my level and that does not work. fixed the issue myself. this is soo amazing thank you for this!
    Happy to hear that. I hope it would help you with your project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nevermind i had added a "recipe" to my level and that does not work. fixed the issue myself. this is soo amazing thank you for this!
    Last edited by frostic; 06-21-2019, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X