Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post

Hi, what you show me in the picture does not work, this will only work if used on the map and selected in the "Default Value" Chameleon which is on the same map.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3331.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	1801073

I found another way that works but I don't know if it's very correct, if I put BP Chameleon directly in my Player works.
    Can you show how Chameleon can be deactivated for example after 1 second ?
    The ways I tested remove my Player as well.

Name:	6545.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	1801072
    Hi,

Get the Chameleon instance from the Return Value of Add Child Actor Component. Then set its "Enabled" (or any other) property to False. Execute it after your Delay function.
    SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsAngled Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by SUMFX View Post

Hi,

Get the Chameleon instance from the Return Value of Add Child Actor Component. Then set its "Enabled" (or any other) property to False. Execute it after your Delay function.
      Hello, can I ask for a picture, because it doesn't work for me and I guess I'm not doing it right.

Comment

Hi, currently I'm running the system in UE4.25
        Somehow the sketch is not working. But the other effect work just fine.
        Can you resolve this issue? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Void Lotus View Post
          Hi, currently I'm running the system in UE4.25
          Somehow the sketch is not working. But the other effect work just fine.
          Can you resolve this issue? Thank you
          Hi. I would like to but you should give me more info like; what's the dev environment, what's your target platform, details for "not working", etc..

Also, did you try to create a blank new project then download and import Chameleon to that project? If not, please try and return the outcome.
          SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsAngled Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

Hello, can I ask for a picture, because it doesn't work for me and I guess I'm not doing it right.
            I can make it but it would take a little time. In the meantime you can check this page: https://sumfx.net/docs/chameleon-pos...t-interaction/ It's a bit outdated since so many versions of the engine have been released and some things have been changed. Yet, fundamentally the same workflow.
            SUMFX.net

Comment

I can make it but it would take a little time. In the meantime you can check this page: https://sumfx.net/docs/chameleon-pos...t-interaction/ It's a bit outdated since so many versions of the engine have been released and some things have been changed. Yet, fundamentally the same workflow.
              Thanks but I tested it and it doesn't work for me, i am trying to add Chameleon to player.
              Chameleon is very good and works well if you use it on the map, i have a problem trying to add it to my player.
              It will be very good if you do a short lesson, or photos of how this can be done.
              I have not seen any other alternative with such effects.
              I apologize for my poor English.

Comment

Thanks but I tested it and it doesn't work for me, i am trying to add Chameleon to player.
                Chameleon is very good and works well if you use it on the map, i have a problem trying to add it to my player.
                It will be very good if you do a short lesson, or photos of how this can be done.
                I have not seen any other alternative with such effects.
                I apologize for my poor English.
                Ok, will try to come up with something useful. I didn't test it in a scenario like this and not sure even it is achievable though. It has been designed to be spawned on a level as a standalone actor on its own. Why you don't follow that path? I mean what's limiting you to spawn Chameleon in your level?
                SUMFX.net

Comment

Ok, will try to come up with something useful. I didn't test it in a scenario like this and not sure even it is achievable though. It has been designed to be spawned on a level as a standalone actor on its own. Why you don't follow that path? I mean what's limiting you to spawn Chameleon in your level?
                  I'm trying to use the Chameleon Damage effect in the Player itself.
                  If you can come up with a way, I will be very grateful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5444.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	1801936

Comment

Hi, about my previous problem, I think the problem only occurs in the demo hall (So, it solved now).
                    I've another question regarding the sketch effect. Can we change the sketch effect behavior, instead only shows on the edge of the object, it shows on all surfaces?
                    But the effect would depend on the light intensity that touches the surfaces. More like in the attached images.
                    It would be great if this plugin manages to do that with a little tweak.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1802220

Comment

Originally posted by Void Lotus View Post
                      Hi, about my previous problem, I think the problem only occurs in the demo hall (So, it solved now).
                      I've another question regarding the sketch effect. Can we change the sketch effect behavior, instead only shows on the edge of the object, it shows on all surfaces?
                      But the effect would depend on the light intensity that touches the surfaces. More like in the attached images.
                      It would be great if this plugin manages to do that with a little tweak.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1802220
                      It would require some work to be done but in a Sketch material, replacing red with the green could be a starting point.

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	105
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1802239
                      SUMFX.net

Comment

I'm trying to use the Chameleon Damage effect in the Player itself.
                        If you can come up with a way, I will be very grateful.

Click image for larger version Name:	5444.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	1801936
                        If you spawn Chameleon on your level, you can still use it on your Player Character by referencing it. Did you try that? If so, what was the result?
                        SUMFX.net

Comment

If you spawn Chameleon on your level, you can still use it on your Player Character by referencing it. Did you try that? If so, what was the result?
                          I tested many variations but the effects do not work in Player.
                          I may not be doing it right, for this if you have some time to show a picture I will be very grateful.

Comment

Hello, Is there a way to display effect only to one player? (I will make the game multiplayer so for example I want to blur my enemy player screen with a skill)

Comment

Originally posted by Koleshy View Post
                              Hello, Is there a way to display effect only to one player? (I will make the game multiplayer so for example I want to blur my enemy player screen with a skill)
                              Hi, if we talk about the networked multiplayer then what you want is the default behavior of Chameleon unless you set its network replication to True.
                              SUMFX.net

Comment

Hey there, loving the tool you created! I am having an issue understanding how Chameleon determines where an effect should be positioned. Specifically I was looking at the demo room where you have the "zone" effect. and for the life of me I can't figure out what is causing the effect to be positioned in that exact location. I deleted everything except the chameleon BP zone and moved the Chameleon "Zone" object, yet the effect still only occurs in its configured position. Any advice? Also have you ever considered setting up a discord where people can share their own recipes, tutorials, and examples? Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                                X