No announcement yet.

Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way I can add a recipe to a post process volume? I want to use the underwater one. But I only want it to be visible when inside the post process volume.

Comment

Hello, and great product! I also am having trouble figuring out how to set the Actor (cow in the demo) that the actor featurette and custom depth highlighter will use the effect on. There are no options to change the mesh or texture from the cow to something else. I would have scrolled through the thread to look for answer but 41 pages! lol Please help, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DDDesigns View Post
        Hello, and great product! I also am having trouble figuring out how to set the Actor (cow in the demo) that the actor featurette and custom depth highlighter will use the effect on. There are no options to change the mesh or texture from the cow to something else. I would have scrolled through the thread to look for answer but 41 pages! lol Please help, thanks.
        Hi,

On a static mesh, you can set "Render Custom Depth" as well as a byte value for the "Custom Depth Stencil Value". This value has to be the same as the one you entered to the Actor Featurette's related field.
        SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by Slimwaffle View Post
          Is there a way I can add a recipe to a post process volume? I want to use the underwater one. But I only want it to be visible when inside the post process volume.
          Hi,

Trying unchecking the "Unbound" option in the recipe's settings. Please let me know if it works.
          SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

Hey guys, I love the effects. I love the color grading! The problem I'm having is understanding how to use this to enable effects on single objects and not the whole scene. Can someone describe the workflow for me, or send me to some training material so I can figure this out? Thanks for the help in advance. For example I want to be able to apply the glitch effect to a box in my scene and nothing else.
            Last edited by xpgained; 06-11-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

If I'm only going to be using a small number of effects, is it possible to remove some from the Chameleon actor in order to reduce package size?

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
                If I'm only going to be using a small number of effects, is it possible to remove some from the Chameleon actor in order to reduce package size?
                There's no out-of-the-box way for this. You would need to modify the Chameleon blueprint and materials you want to use.
                SUMFX.net

Comment

Originally posted by xpgained View Post
                  Hey guys, I love the effects. I love the color grading! The problem I'm having is understanding how to use this to enable effects on single objects and not the whole scene. Can someone describe the workflow for me, or send me to some training material so I can figure this out? Thanks for the help in advance. For example I want to be able to apply the glitch effect to a box in my scene and nothing else.
                  You need to enable custom depth stencil in your project settings. After that, you can apply almost all of the effects to actors with the specific stencil ID(s). All effects have an "advanced" section (dropdown) in the details window. You will find the masking options there but first, -as I said earlier- you will need to go into the editor project settings under rendering ->post processing and set the "custom depth stencil pass" setting to Enabled with Stencil.
                  SUMFX.net

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

You need to enable custom depth stencil in your project settings. After that, you can apply almost all of the effects to actors with the specific stencil ID(s). All effects have an "advanced" section (dropdown) in the details window. You will find the masking options there but first, -as I said earlier- you will need to go into the editor project settings under rendering ->post processing and set the "custom depth stencil pass" setting to Enabled with Stencil.
                    I need to set LOOK pressets to any of the black and white options except for some actors which should stay in colour.
                    Does it work as you said in the answer to xpgained?
                    If not, how can I get that result?
                    Thank you SumFX

Comment

Hi,

Trying unchecking the "Unbound" option in the recipe's settings. Please let me know if it works.
                      SumFX I figured out that the recipe blueprints are using a radius check. But if I use the chameleon base blueprint this works exactly the way I want.
                      Is there any way to make the effects ignore the player actor? So that I could use Haunted but without it drawing over the player.
                      Last edited by Slimwaffle; 06-12-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

NVM figured the whole thing out

Comment

Originally posted by gon. View Post

I need to set LOOK pressets to any of the black and white options except for some actors which should stay in colour.
                          Does it work as you said in the answer to xpgained?
                          If not, how can I get that result?
                          Thank you SumFX
                          Unfortunately, LOOK! CGP presets doesn't support the masking at the moment. It's not impossible to do but Chameleon doesn't have support for this.
                          SUMFX.net

Comment

Unfortunately, LOOK! CGP presets doesn't support the masking at the moment. It's not impossible to do but Chameleon doesn't have support for this.
                            I see. Well, maybe theres another way to make this work.
                            When you press V, everything goes black and white except meat and water that I would like to keep them coloured.
                            Can it be done with custom depth?
                            Thnx

Comment

nevermind i had added a "recipe" to my level and that does not work. fixed the issue myself. this is soo amazing thank you for this!
                              Last edited by frostic; 06-21-2019, 04:50 AM.
                              Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
                                nevermind i had added a "recipe" to my level and that does not work. fixed the issue myself. this is soo amazing thank you for this!
                                Happy to hear that. I hope it would help you with your project.
                                SUMFX.net

Comment

Working...
                                X