Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by MalikuLupo View Post

    I'm running OpenSUSE 15.0 with an NVIDIA 1080, SM5.
    I tested it on a laptop with Windows 7 and a Quadro K2000M and the result is the same.
    In Windows I'm launching with UE4Editor.exe -vulkan. For Linux Vulkan is the default.

    Here's a detailed error log.
    Hi,

    The problematic parts are these circled functions below. You can bypass these two functions in effect materials for an easy and hopefully temporary fix but as a side effect, you won't be able to use the advanced features section. Eg: blending, custom depth, and stencil settings etc. I'll try to find a workaround for this problem but unfortunately no ETA yet.

    SUMFX.net

    Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

    Comment


      Originally posted by MalikuLupo View Post

      I'm running OpenSUSE 15.0 with an NVIDIA 1080, SM5.
      I tested it on a laptop with Windows 7 and a Quadro K2000M and the result is the same.
      In Windows I'm launching with UE4Editor.exe -vulkan. For Linux Vulkan is the default.

      Here's a detailed error log.
      I think I've fixed the problem on my end. Waiting for a confirmation from another user and if it works, I'll share the fix with you too.
      SUMFX.net

      Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

      Comment


        MalikuLupo
        1. Unhook the MF_Depthmasking node from every material in the materials folder and reconnect the nodes as if it hadn't been there. this is so the editor won't crash for the next steps. this means you should ignore the part where SumFX said to unhook the blendingnode as we are actually going to keep it this time so you can have blending effects work otherwise they won't work if you were to do what SumFX said with that node, and then ONLY AFTER you unhooked the MF_Depthmasking node and rewired the nodes of ALL materials,(if you don't do it for all materials first, you will end up with crashes so fair warning!):
        2. Open MF_Setblending Material Function.
        3. Click custom node, it's the really tall, green one with all the stuff plugged into it.
        4. Delete all the code in there. Replace it with this code,
        Code:
             if (BlendMode ==  1.0f) {        return B1;    } if (BlendMode ==  2.0f) {        return B2;    } if (BlendMode ==  3.0f) {        return B3;    } if (BlendMode ==  4.0f) {        return B4;    } if (BlendMode ==  5.0f) {        return B5;    } if (BlendMode ==  6.0f) {        return B6;    } if (BlendMode ==  7.0f) {        return B7;    } if (BlendMode ==  8.0f) {        return B8;    } if (BlendMode ==  9.0f) {        return B9;    } if (BlendMode ==  10.0f) {        return B10;    } if (BlendMode ==  11.0f) {        return B11;    } if (BlendMode ==  12.0f) {        return B12;    } if (BlendMode ==  13.0f) {        return B13;    } if (BlendMode ==  14.0f) {        return B14;    } if (BlendMode ==  15.0f) {        return B15;    } if (BlendMode ==  16.0f) {        return B16;    } if (BlendMode ==  17.0f) {        return B17;    } if (BlendMode ==  18.0f) {        return B18;    } if (BlendMode ==  19.0f) {        return B19;    } if (BlendMode ==  20.0f) {        return B20;    }    return B0;
        5. Compile & save it.
        6. Almost all the materials and blending effects should work now, with some exceptions.

        However we must wait on a fix for the depthmasking from SumFX in the meantime. Once we have the depthmasking fix, we need to replug the depthmasking node back to how it was originally. Then after that we need a fix for the drawing, custom depth highlighter, infected & (actor featurette which crashes the editor.)
        Last edited by Pine722; 01-19-2019, 12:14 AM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Pine722 View Post
          MalikuLupo
          1. Unhook the MF_Depthmasking node from every material in the materials folder and reconnect the nodes as if it hadn't been there. this is so the editor won't crash for the next steps. this means you should ignore the part where SumFX said to unhook the blendingnode as we are actually going to keep it this time so you can have blending effects work otherwise they won't work if you were to do what SumFX said with that node, and then ONLY AFTER you unhooked the MF_Depthmasking node and rewired the nodes of ALL materials,(if you don't do it for all materials first, you will end up with crashes so fair warning!):
          2. Open MF_Setblending Material Function.
          3. Click custom node, it's the really tall, green one with all the stuff plugged into it.
          4. Delete all the code in there. Replace it with this code,
          Code:
          if (BlendMode == 1.0f) { return B1; } if (BlendMode == 2.0f) { return B2; } if (BlendMode == 3.0f) { return B3; } if (BlendMode == 4.0f) { return B4; } if (BlendMode == 5.0f) { return B5; } if (BlendMode == 6.0f) { return B6; } if (BlendMode == 7.0f) { return B7; } if (BlendMode == 8.0f) { return B8; } if (BlendMode == 9.0f) { return B9; } if (BlendMode == 10.0f) { return B10; } if (BlendMode == 11.0f) { return B11; } if (BlendMode == 12.0f) { return B12; } if (BlendMode == 13.0f) { return B13; } if (BlendMode == 14.0f) { return B14; } if (BlendMode == 15.0f) { return B15; } if (BlendMode == 16.0f) { return B16; } if (BlendMode == 17.0f) { return B17; } if (BlendMode == 18.0f) { return B18; } if (BlendMode == 19.0f) { return B19; } if (BlendMode == 20.0f) { return B20; } return B0;
          5. Compile & save it.
          6. Almost all the materials and blending effects should work now, with some exceptions.

          However we must wait on a fix for the depthmasking from SumFX in the meantime. Once we have the depthmasking fix, we need to replug the depthmasking node back to how it was originally. Then after that we need a fix for the blur, drawing & actor featurette effects.
          I got it to compile with this work around! Thank you. Id like to add that you can save some mouse clicks if you move the connection by holding ctrl + left click. Instead of breaking and creating a new one. Is this an upstream bug with the engine's Vulkan implementation?
          Last edited by MalikuLupo; 01-19-2019, 02:27 PM.

          Comment


            The new demo hall, coming with the next update of Chameleon.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	CDHall1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	1576189
            SUMFX.net

            Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

            Comment


              Originally posted by SumFX View Post
              The new demo hall, coming with the next update of Chameleon.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	CDHall1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	1576189
              Chameleon Demo Hall is now downloadable: https://sumfx.net/download/2209
              SUMFX.net

              Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

              Comment


                Chameleon V11.0 is live! And here's the changelog:
                • New effect: Zone
                • New effect: Pyramid
                • New effect: Mojo
                • The new demo hall.
                • Grid Cell Animated field has been added to Grid Cell effect.
                • Grid Cell Animation Speed field has been added to Grid Cell effect.
                • Circles Ratio field has been added to Circles effect.
                • Tiles Centered field has been added to Tiles effect.
                • Camera Shake Power field has been removed from the Camera Shake effect.
                • Camera Shake Power (X) field has been added to Camera Shake effect.
                • Camera Shake Power (Y) field has been added to Camera Shake effect.
                • World Glitch Animated field has been added to World Glitch effect.
                • World Glitch Animation Speed field has been added to World Glitch effect.
                • Scratches Distortion Map field has been added to Scratches effect.
                • Scratches Distortion Amount field has been added to Scratches effect.
                • Scratches effect is completely rewritten in a blueprint.
                • Screen Damage effect is mostly rewritten with performance and workflow updates.
                • Sketch effect is mostly rewritten with workflow updates.
                • Sketch effect is now before tonemapping.
                • Screen Damage Intensity default value changed to 10.0 (was 3.0).
                • Screen Damage Distortion default value changed to 0.15 (was 0.03).
                • Screen Damage Edge Size default value changed to 0.8 (was 0.11).
                • Screen Damage Fading default value changed to 0.3 (was 0.1).
                • Sketch Power default value changed to 0.3 (was 4.0).
                • Sketch Pattern Speed default value changed to 1.5 (was 0.0).
                • Performance improvements on both editor and cooked builds.
                • Effects are now displayed in alphabetical order by inside the Chameleon’s details window.
                • Chameleon’s actor icon now has world space sizing to prevent out of bounds editor camera when focusing on its actor.
                • Package size is now 320 MB (was 150 MB).
                SUMFX.net

                Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

                Comment


                  Awesome! Thank you!!!! I saw previews for Mojo and Zone...do you have one for Pyramid?
                  Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
                  • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Ryan Darcey View Post
                    Awesome! Thank you!!!! I saw previews for Mojo and Zone...do you have one for Pyramid?
                    Sure

                    SUMFX.net

                    Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

                    Comment


                      Greetings, Comic effect does not work correctly - (Blending Opacity) does not work in 4.21 after latest update.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Medvega View Post
                        Greetings, Comic effect does not work correctly - (Blending Opacity) does not work in 4.21 after latest update.
                        Hi,

                        Thanks for reporting it. Fix has been submitted.
                        SUMFX.net

                        Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by SumFX View Post

                          Hi,

                          Thanks for reporting it. Fix has been submitted.
                          Can you please say where to look to fix it manualy?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Medvega View Post

                            Can you please say where to look to fix it manualy?
                            Sure. There were unconnected nodes in the Comic material, just before emission input. You need to connect them in the same order as their visual flow.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	qfix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1583370
                            SUMFX.net

                            Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by SumFX View Post

                              Sure. There were unconnected nodes in the Comic material, just before emission input. You need to connect them in the same order as their visual flow.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	qfix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1583370
                              Thank you.

                              Comment


                                For anyone else, now fix also live on the marketplace.
                                SUMFX.net

                                Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X