Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gon. View Post
    SumFX I want to use Drug Effect mixed with Infected and Melted World when a player or client eats a mushroom.
    It works fine but Infected and Melted FX affects also the player mesh.
    Can I set chameleon somehow to activate those post processing FXs except the player mesh character so I can see my own player clearly?
    Hi,

You can not create "exclude-only" statement with Chameleon but you can create "include-only" statement. You can set all objects but player mesh(es) to the same stencil ID then you can set those three effects to affect only objects with this stencil ID. This option can be found in the advanced section of all effects.
    SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Hi,

You can not create "exclude-only" statement with Chameleon but you can create "include-only" statement. You can set all objects but player mesh(es) to the same stencil ID then you can set those three effects to affect only objects with this stencil ID. This option can be found in the advanced section of all effects.
      Thnx sumfx.
      Ill check it once i arrived home.
      Un saludo

Comment

How can I dynamic enable a function?I call it like this
        Click image for larger version  Name:	TIM图片20181208203655.png Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	1560351

After ScreenDamageFunc been called,nothing happen.

Please include the demo room map in your library.
        And your document cann't open!
        Last edited by xermao; 12-08-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xermao View Post
          How can I dynamic enable a function?I call it like this
          Click image for larger version Name:	TIM图片20181208203655.png Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	1560351

After ScreenDamageFunc been called,nothing happen.

This page might help you: https://sumfx.net/docs/chameleon-pos...t-interaction/

Please include the demo room map in your library.!
          Demo map coming with the next update.

And your document cann't open!
          Which documentation URL are you trying to open?
          SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

All I can say is the . . .

World Glitch Effect is Freaking AMAZING!!!!!

ExORION Sci-Fi FTPS: Battle Kaiju, Mutants, Techno-Terrorist in Alien Powered Super Suit...

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
              All I can say is the . . .

World Glitch Effect is Freaking AMAZING!!!!!

Haha! Glad you like it! : )
              SUMFX.net

Comment

SumFXSupport SumFX

1. Is Chameleon Post Process for use on Windows OS only? If it is not, how does one get all of its features working on Linux? For example almost all of the effects such as pixel dissolve, ASCII, Comic, etc do not work on the latest version of Unreal on Linux and will instead create a blurry brownish parchmentlike border around the edges of the screen instead of the effect you want. How do I go about fixing this?

2. If it is currently only for use on Windows OS, is there any chance you will bring it to other OS as well?

Thank you
                Last edited by Pine722; 12-29-2018, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pine722 View Post
                  SumFXSupport SumFX

1. Is Chameleon Post Process for use on Windows OS only? If it is not, how does one get all of its features working on Linux? For example almost all of the effects such as pixel dissolve, ASCII, Comic, etc do not work on the latest version of Unreal on Linux and will instead create a blurry brownish parchmentlike border around the edges of the screen instead of the effect you want. How do I go about fixing this?

2. If it is currently only for use on Windows OS, is there any chance you will bring it to other OS as well?

Thank you
                  Chameleon using some hardcoded shader codes ('Custom' node) which doesn't transform to running platform's graphics codebase automatically as the material blueprint nodes do. The problem you are experiencing sounds like a shader error and needs a deeper look on that specific platform. Give me some time so I can investigate this and come up with a more detailed answer.
                  SUMFX.net

Comment

Chameleon using some hardcoded shader codes ('Custom' node) which doesn't transform to running platform's graphics codebase automatically as the material blueprint nodes do. The problem you are experiencing sounds like a shader error and needs a deeper look on that specific platform. Give me some time so I can investigate this and come up with a more detailed answer.
                    Alright thank you, I'll look forward to it, as I love the effects that Chameleon can do, but I just wish I was able to use them on Linux.

Comment

I'm seeing the same issues on Linux as well. I'm looking forward to a fix for Vulkan.

Comment

Any updates on the progress?

Comment

Originally posted by Pine722 View Post

Any updates on the progress?
                          Hi Pine722,

I couldn't test this on actual Linux environment but my tests on Windows with SM4 showed no errors. Can you share your OS and hardware details with me? Which OpenGL/Vulkan version are you using and also what graphics card are you using? By the way, do you see any errors on a material blueprint for one of those problematic effect materials?
                          SUMFX.net

Comment

"Zone" is a new effect from the upcoming update.

SUMFX.net

Comment

"Mojo" is a new effect from the upcoming update.

SUMFX.net

Comment

Hi Pine722,

I couldn't test this on actual Linux environment but my tests on Windows with SM4 showed no errors. Can you share your OS and hardware details with me? Which OpenGL/Vulkan version are you using and also what graphics card are you using? By the way, do you see any errors on a material blueprint for one of those problematic effect materials?
                                I'm running OpenSUSE 15.0 with an NVIDIA 1080, SM5.
                                I tested it on a laptop with Windows 7 and a Quadro K2000M and the result is the same.
                                In Windows I'm launching with UE4Editor.exe -vulkan. For Linux Vulkan is the default.

Here's a detailed error log.
                                Last edited by MalikuLupo; 01-18-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X