Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Hi there! I'm glad Chameleon helps you on your projects. As you guess, this particular request is out of its scope however . At least Chameleon's architecture is not a perfect for this kind of technique because of the effect's specific technical needs. As a side note; imo , making this effect would be more side-effectless by using the world space materials.

Thanks for getting back to me mate. Thought it might be a long shot but worth asking.

Cheers for the heads up.

​​​​​​​Iz

Comment

It seems "LOOK Presets" and "Screen Drops" isn't working on mobile (iOS), the "Mobile Tonemapper" is working OK and "Frost" looks cool (only ones I've used).

UE4.20.3
      iOS12

Comment

Originally posted by antinnit View Post
        It seems "LOOK Presets" and "Screen Drops" isn't working on mobile (iOS), the "Mobile Tonemapper" is working OK and "Frost" looks cool (only ones I've used).

UE4.20.3
        iOS12
        I'll try to reproduce the problem on my end and will let you know about the result.
        SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Thanks SumFX

Comment

Any luck SumFX?

Comment

Any luck SumFX?
              My first test was failed to reproduce it. I'll give it another shot today or tomorrow and will let you know.
              SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

UE4.20.3
                iOS12
                Hello again,

unfortunately I couldn’t be able to reproduce this problem. Can you send me an example project by prrivate message here?
                SUMFX.net

Comment

oh so it's working for you, I'll do a cleaner test project.

Comment

I can't find actual documentation on how to use this plugin. The documentation page seems to be just a reference of what the plugin can do. The "getting started" is just a video showcasing effects. The documentation page doesn't seem to include basic instructions like how one should utilize this plugin. How do I enable custom depth on specific actors? How should I utilize recipes (Just the recipe added to world or recipe and Chameleon base blueprint?) The demo level doesn't include the resources in a way I can figure out how it is implemented. Is there a resource where this type of information is available?

Thanks much

Comment

Originally posted by jhirsh View Post
                      I can't find actual documentation on how to use this plugin. The documentation page seems to be just a reference of what the plugin can do. The "getting started" is just a video showcasing effects. The documentation page doesn't seem to include basic instructions like how one should utilize this plugin. How do I enable custom depth on specific actors? How should I utilize recipes (Just the recipe added to world or recipe and Chameleon base blueprint?) The demo level doesn't include the resources in a way I can figure out how it is implemented. Is there a resource where this type of information is available?

Thanks much
                      You are right, documentation page is more like a package preview for now and I'm trying to make it right for a while. Hopefully, I'll make it more purposeful in a very close future. Upcoming version also includes a demo scene(s) with example usage scenarios.
                      SUMFX.net

Comment

Hello SumFX, and thank you so much for your awesome work! It has been so helpful.

I got this couple of errors in Unreal 4.21. Is that a compatibility issue? It seems that Unreal doesn't like the underscores in the custom node of the MF_SetBlending.

If so, any idea on when a compatible version will be available?

If not, any solution to fix this?

Thank you again
                        Last edited by nooSens; 12-01-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nooSens View Post
                          Hello SumFX, and thank you so much for your awesome work! It has been so helpful.

I got this couple of errors in Unreal 4.21. Is that a compatibility issue? It seems that Unreal doesn't like the underscores in the custom node of the MF_SetBlending.

If so, any idea on when a compatible version will be available?

If not, any solution to fix this?

Thank you again
                          Hi,

Did you also update the Chameleon to the latest from the Launcher?
                          SUMFX.net

Comment

It was updated. But removing / re-importing it in the project fixed it. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by nooSens View Post
                              It was updated. But removing / re-importing it in the project fixed it. Thank you!
                              Happy to hear. As a side note; the good practice for updating marketplace assets is closing all Unreal Engine 4 instances then re-importing the package to the project(s).
                              SUMFX.net

Comment

SumFX I want to use Drug Effect mixed with Infected and Melted World when a player or client eats a mushroom.
                                It works fine but Infected and Melted FX affects also the player mesh.
                                Can I set chameleon somehow to activate those post processing FXs except the player mesh character so I can see my own player clearly?
                                Last edited by gon.; 12-03-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X