Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe this has been asked before ...
    would it be possible to have all the postprocess process working on a non visible camera and then project it onto a texture that is on an object in my current camera ?

kind regards
    really great tool !!
    www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

as i am working with the effects i am running into some problems:

first everything was good ;-)
      next time i started my project there is an issue. i have a grey tiled texture overlaying all of my active effects and they got somehow transparent ...
      i found out that if i place a white texture into the blend mask for all my active effects, everythings works well again.

now i have the problem that my effects arent in the same order anymore ...
      i tried changing this via effect priority, but it dont seem to affect order at all ...

does anybody know what i have to do to get it back working as it should ?
      kind reagrds
      stucki
      www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Originally posted by stucki View Post
        maybe this has been asked before ...
        would it be possible to have all the postprocess process working on a non visible camera and then project it onto a texture that is on an object in my current camera ?

kind regards
        really great tool !!
        This may be a good starting point: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...10#post1476610
        Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint (Forum)

Comment

as i am working with the effects i am running into some problems:

first everything was good ;-)
          next time i started my project there is an issue. i have a grey tiled texture overlaying all of my active effects and they got somehow transparent ...
          i found out that if i place a white texture into the blend mask for all my active effects, everythings works well again.

now i have the problem that my effects arent in the same order anymore ...
          i tried changing this via effect priority, but it dont seem to affect order at all ...

does anybody know what i have to do to get it back working as it should ?
          kind reagrds
          stucki
          Yes, that T_White texture problem was raised before and hopefully the next version of Chameleon will fix this. However, this is the first time someone reports a problem about effect ordering. Can you share your engine version with me, please? Also what's the most bottom effect name in Details tab? (for knowing your Chameleon version as well).

And as a general note; please try to remove Chameleon Post Process local content by Epic Games Launcher, re-download and re-import again as a first option to try.
          Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint (Forum)

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Yes, that T_White texture problem was raised before and hopefully the next version of Chameleon will fix this. However, this is the first time someone reports a problem about effect ordering. Can you share your engine version with me, please? Also what's the most bottom effect name in Details tab? (for knowing your Chameleon version as well).

And as a general note; please try to remove Chameleon Post Process local content by Epic Games Launcher, re-download and re-import again as a first option to try.
            working with 4.20.2, last effect is lens.
            i just reinstalled chameleon, but it made no difference.

i am trying to get magic transition in front of all effects but cant get it to work ...
            www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

working with 4.20.2, last effect is lens.
              i just reinstalled chameleon, but it made no difference.

i am trying to get magic transition in front of all effects but cant get it to work ...
              Magic Transitions effect is running as Before Tonemapping and probably you are trying to move it to the front of one of the After Tonemapping effects. If you really need this, you would need to open M_MagicTransitions asset in the material editor and set its Blendable Location property to After Tonemapping.

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Magic Transitions effect is running as Before Tonemapping and probably you are trying to move it to the front of one of the After Tonemapping effects. If you really need this, you would need to open M_MagicTransitions asset in the material editor and set its Blendable Location property to After Tonemapping.
                thx very much, that made the difference !!
                www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

thx very much, that made the difference !!
                  No problem; but please be aware of upcoming updates of Chameleon since your changes made to its components (like materials) would be overwritten with each update.

Comment

Working...
                  X