No announcement yet.

Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I've been wondering too (unrelated to the above) is whether there's any control over the order effects are applied in?

Comment

Originally posted by triff View Post
      Hey SumFX,

I'm having some issues selectively applying anamorphic flares to scene objects. I have the stencil buffer enabled in proj settings and can get the object to highlight using the Custom Depth Highlighter as a test, but the flares are being clipped by the depth buffer. So what I want to do is apply flares *after* the buffer rather than have the buffer clip them off.

This is a transparent particle system, but I have Allow Custom Depth Writes enabled in the material and I can see that they're affecting the particles within the buffer - just not outside of it which is what I want.

Thanks,
      triff
      Hi,

Stencil masking currently works as a final clipper of an effect. What you are up to is in development for a while but no ETA yet.
      Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint (Forum)

Comment

Originally posted by triff View Post
        Something I've been wondering too (unrelated to the above) is whether there's any control over the order effects are applied in?
        Yes, there is and it's called Effect Priority.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cppep.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1514489
        Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint (Forum)

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Yes, there is and it's called Effect Priority.
          Great, thanks a lot - somehow missed that one

Comment

For those of you still getting borders despite clean installs, I mention that it is not compatible with Vulkan (for me) as of 8/13/2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuji Saeki View Post
              For those of you still getting borders despite clean installs, I mention that it is not compatible with Vulkan (for me) as of 8/13/2018.
              Which borders? Can you share some screen(s) with us? Also, hardware and platform specs would be very helpful for my further inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post
                Which borders? Can you share some screen(s) with us? Also, hardware and platform specs would be very helpful for my further inspection.
                Originally posted by gon. View Post
                The weird brick border thing is this:
                https://answers.unrealengine.com/sto...8+14.44.54.png
                I've been creating Vulkan-exclusive builds (testing) and only Chameleon materials/BPs do not compile.

Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/Chameleon/Materials/M_2DTransform.M_2DTransform for platform SF_VULKAN_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.

The only errors/warnings I get regarding the materials (each of them, same thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Yuji Saeki View Post

I've been creating Vulkan-exclusive builds (testing) and only Chameleon materials/BPs do not compile.

Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/Chameleon/Materials/M_2DTransform.M_2DTransform for platform SF_VULKAN_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.

The only errors/warnings I get regarding the materials (each of them, same thing).
                  Hi,

After overall looking, it seems like the problematic parts are "MF_DepthOnlyMasking" and "MF_SetBlending" material functions. Most likely somewhere the custom depth mechanism intact. If you are not using custom depth, stencil masking, and effect layer blending, then you can simply bypass these nodes in the material(s). In the meantime, I'll take a deeper look into this.

Comment

Working...
                  X