Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gon. View Post
    I decided today to upgrade from 4.18.3 to 4.19.2 my Unreal Engine.
    When I executed my project, a brick border become visible all the time.
    If you look at my post (https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...87#post1485087) you should be able to fix this by adding T_White to the two main structs in the Chameleon/Structures folder. All working fine for me now (I upgraded from 4.17.2 to 4.19).

Comment

Originally posted by Rob McLachlan View Post

Cool, glad I was on the right track. I didn't try Remove Local Content however it did download the new version into a separate folder in my Marketplace Vault Cache so shouldn't have got any of the old stuff at that stage.

However I do have to import into a separate project and Migrate into my main project since I have a different folder structure in my main project. I checked out all files under Chameleon/ in source control (Perforce) then used Migrate to overwrite them. Possible there's something hanging around from the older version but I would have thought all the references would have been updated as well?

Might be some sort of struct weirdness, as they are pretty flaky at times... All is working fine for me now after replacing the missing default T_White in both the structs.
      I think there's some kind of bug in the latest versions of the engine causing confusion on structs. I'm saying this because this is a 10th update of the Chameleon and also this is the first time experiencing this type of behavior. Still working on it to understand the real problem here. Thankfully, however, as you mentioned there is a workaround by simply replacing the missing textures with T_White on both structs.
      Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint (Forum)

Comment

Originally posted by gon. View Post
        I decided today to upgrade from 4.18.3 to 4.19.2 my Unreal Engine.
        When I executed my project, a brick border become visible all the time. Investigating this weird thing, have noticed that is Chamaleon FX related with it. So If I active or enable any Effect, the brick border appears. If I disable it, it dissapears.

The weird brick border thing is this:
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/sto...8+14.44.54.png

And more people had problems like this one in Unreal Forum which contains useful stuff:
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...update-49.html
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...fter-upgr.html
        As an addition to Rob McLachlan's answer, please also update to the latest version of the Chameleon by the Launcher and after that, add the new files to the project.
        Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint (Forum)

Comment

I checked AdvancedEffectFeatures and AdvancedEffectFeaturesNoCustomDepth. Both have T_White.
          BTW, I updated Chameleon from Epic Launcher and replaced the BP and now it works fine.
          Thanks.

Comment

In case of you fellow devs interested, I have just published the Chameleon Post Process 10.0 | Effects Showcase video.

Comment

Hi, I try to do a simple actor with the minimal code, but dont work

wath I am missing?

Comment

Originally posted by erWilly View Post

wath I am missing?
                Hi,

Chameleon is not a simple post-processing material library. Its materials were designed to work with the provided blueprint. You can still make those materials to work standalone but most likely you would need to modify the parameter(s) as well.

Comment

Thanks to answer, but can you point me to what parameter(s)? need I use advanced effects features? or put random numbers each tick in offset and speed is enought?

Chamaleon is amazing!
                  ...but the blueprint is huge (and any update more and more), a big tick and add 149 megas to the build, if me game only use a few postprocess...

Make something more modular will be great, like for example each postprocess be a component.

Last edited by erWilly; 07-23-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I've a small problem with overwriting post process effects on the level.
                    I have a mesh with glass texture that is in front of the character affected by Chameleon Post Process, Neon effect.
                    What I want to achieve here is that, when the character walks past the glass mesh, he will be highlighted... or vice versa.

How can I do it?
                    Last edited by Coverop; 07-24-2018, 11:23 AM.
                    Discord: OP #5992

Comment

Thanks to answer, but can you point me to what parameter(s)? need I use advanced effects features? or put random numbers each tick in offset and speed is enought?

Chamaleon is amazing!
                      ...but the blueprint is huge (and any update more and more), a big tick and add 149 megas to the build, if me game only use a few postprocess...

Make something more modular will be great, like for example each postprocess be a component.
                      Originally posted by Coverop View Post
                      I have a mesh with glass texture that is in front of the character affected by Chameleon Post Process, Neon effect.
                      What I want to achieve here is that, when the character walks past the glass mesh, he will be highlighted... or vice versa.

How can I do it?

Hi fellows,

I'm on my way home (I was on vacation) If you can give me a day or two I can come up with something which may help you.

Comment

wath I am missing?
                        Hello again,

What you would need to do is bypassing two nodes in material.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alcohol_SA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	1508534

Comment

Originally posted by Coverop View Post

How can I do it?
                          What you are trying to do is partly available in Chameleon's abilities. See: https://gfycat.com/LoathsomeDimAdouri

However, this doesn't work with translucent materials since no depth information is written to buffer.

Comment

Hi SumFX, just bought chameleon, it is awesome. Question... the 2d transform is something I thought I could use do do key-stoning, meaning I would like to skew the image so i can use it to fix the image while using a projector. Is this possible? Corner-pinning would be the best but just simple key-stoning, where the horizontal borders can have different sizes will suit my purposes. Thanks in advance

Name:	keystonecorrection.gif
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1510099

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                              Hi SumFX, just bought chameleon, it is awesome. Question... the 2d transform is something I thought I could use do do key-stoning, meaning I would like to skew the image so i can use it to fix the image while using a projector. Is this possible? Corner-pinning would be the best but just simple key-stoning, where the horizontal borders can have different sizes will suit my purposes. Thanks in advance

Name:	keystonecorrection.gif
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1510099
                              Hey, thank you! I'll see what I can do about it.

Comment

Hey SumFX,

I'm having some issues selectively applying anamorphic flares to scene objects. I have the stencil buffer enabled in proj settings and can get the object to highlight using the Custom Depth Highlighter as a test, but the flares are being clipped by the depth buffer. So what I want to do is apply flares *after* the buffer rather than have the buffer clip them off.

This is a transparent particle system, but I have Allow Custom Depth Writes enabled in the material and I can see that they're affecting the particles within the buffer - just not outside of it which is what I want.

Thanks,
                                triff

Comment

Working...
                                X