No announcement yet.

Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again SumFX, it does work. I was not pressing play in the editor. I was only moving the slider in the sequencer itself to see if the change was in real-time without having to play in the editor. I don't know if it is something you consider adding eventually though, it would be quite useful. Thanks for your time

Comment

Thanks for the update

How do I update it in my project that I'm already using it in? Do I just click 'add to project' and pick the project and it will overwrite the files? Do you lose the settings you have setup when you do this?

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by benmerrick3d View Post
        Thanks for the update

How do I update it in my project that I'm already using it in? Do I just click 'add to project' and pick the project and it will overwrite the files? Do you lose the settings you have setup when you do this?

Kind regards
        Yes, updating the assets is being just like that. You won't lose your instance settings but any blueprint/material design changes would be overwritten.
        SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Hey SumFX, when I use Chameleon in my project and try to package the project it gives some errors that prevent the project from being packaged.

Here's the errors:

"UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Set Advanced Effect Features (No Custom Depth).Features'. Unknown structure.
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Custom Depth Highlighter - Advanced'. Unknown structure.
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip) - Advanced'. Unknown structure.
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Actor Featurette - Advanced'. Unknown structure."

I'm using 4.19 and added Chameleon to my project directly from the Epic launcher. Didn't migrate from an older project. And the project itself was created in 4.19. Didn't migrate from an older version.

Can you help please?

Comment

Originally posted by tongucci View Post
            Hey SumFX, when I use Chameleon in my project and try to package the project it gives some errors that prevent the project from being packaged.

Here's the errors:

"UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Set Advanced Effect Features (No Custom Depth).Features'. Unknown structure.
            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Custom Depth Highlighter - Advanced'. Unknown structure.
            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip) - Advanced'. Unknown structure.
            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Chameleon/Chameleon.Chameleon_C:Actor Featurette - Advanced'. Unknown structure."

I'm using 4.19 and added Chameleon to my project directly from the Epic launcher. Didn't migrate from an older project. And the project itself was created in 4.19. Didn't migrate from an older version.

Can you help please?
            Hi,

This is the first time I see this type of error in this package. Can you please try to open and re-save these structures in question? And let me know about the result, please.
            SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Hi,

This is the first time I see this type of error in this package. Can you please try to open and re-save these structures in question? And let me know about the result, please.
              That did the trick. Thanks!

Comment

Hey, I was wondering how you would add a depth mask to effects such as Kuwahara? I enabled custom depth but I am not sure how to use it? Or even a way to use something like the distance fog effect you have as a mask for the other effects. I just want a simple depth gradient from the camera position, like in the attached image. Thanks
                Attached Files
                Last edited by benmerrick3d; 05-02-2018, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Hey, I was wondering how you would add a depth mask to effects such as Kuwahara? I enabled custom depth but I am not sure how to use it? Or even a way to use something like the distance fog effect you have as a mask for the other effects. I just want a simple depth gradient from the camera position, like in the attached image. Thanks
                  Hi,

The latest version of the Chameleon comes with depth masking option for all effects. However, you need to use the latest engine version (4.19) and the latest version (9.0) of the Chameleon to use this feature.
                  SUMFX.net

Comment

Preview of the two new effects from the upcoming update

Lens

Grid Cell
                    SUMFX.net

Comment

Hi,

The latest version of the Chameleon comes with depth masking option for all effects. However, you need to use the latest engine version (4.19) and the latest version (9.0) of the Chameleon to use this feature.
                      Thanks, I thought I read about depth masking. How do I check what version of Chameleon I am using?

Comment

Thanks, I thought I read about depth masking. How do I check what version of Chameleon I am using?
                        If you have the "Haunted" effect in the list, then you have the latest version.
                        SUMFX.net

Comment

Thanks, the depth works great now- such an awesome feature!

I noticed the Kuwahara looks much worse in 4.18 and 4.19 (added the latest version) than in 4.17 (added the latest version to the scene today). High contrast/Alpha edging gets picked up with a thick black line much more, but randomly, not evenly throughout the scene. To me the 4.17 version looks much more painterly and much nicer. Is this a bug with the 4.18 and 4.19 version? Is there a way to remove the black lines of the alphas?

Both instances I deleted Chameleon from the scene and re-added to make sure no other effects were on.

Thanks

4.18 and 4.19
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	419.JPG Views:	1 Size:	380.5 KB ID:	1469906

Click image for larger version  Name:	417.JPG Views:	1 Size:	367.8 KB ID:	1469907
                          Last edited by benmerrick3d; 05-02-2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Preview of the two new effects from the upcoming update

Lens

Grid Cell
                            Looks great, when the new version will be out? with 4.20 ?

Comment

Thanks, the depth works great now- such an awesome feature!

I noticed the Kuwahara looks much worse in 4.18 and 4.19 (added the latest version) than in 4.17 (added the latest version to the scene today). High contrast/Alpha edging gets picked up with a thick black line much more, but randomly, not evenly throughout the scene. To me the 4.17 version looks much more painterly and much nicer. Is this a bug with the 4.18 and 4.19 version? Is there a way to remove the black lines of the alphas?

Both instances I deleted Chameleon from the scene and re-added to make sure no other effects were on.

Thanks

4.18 and 4.19
                              Click image for larger version Name:	419.JPG Views:	1 Size:	380.5 KB ID:	1469906

Click image for larger version Name:	417.JPG Views:	1 Size:	367.8 KB ID:	1469907
                              Hi benmerrick3d,

This is unexpected for sure. I'll take a look in detail to this and will let you know about it.
                              SUMFX.net

Comment

Originally posted by BarisT View Post

Looks great, when the new version will be out? with 4.20 ?
                                Thanks Baris. It's hard to say right now. My first approach is "when it is ready" though : )
                                SUMFX.net

Comment

Working...
                                X