No announcement yet.

Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SumFX I don't know if you take suggestions for future effects, but something like this volumetric fog done w/ post processing would be amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jR1U9vxEGg
    Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
    • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Darcey View Post
      SumFX I don't know if you take suggestions for future effects, but something like this volumetric fog done w/ post processing would be amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jR1U9vxEGg
      Always! I'll see what I can do about it. Thanks.
      SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post

Always! I'll see what I can do about it. Thanks.
        Awesome! Thanks for considering!!!
        • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

Comment

Also...here's another volumetric fog post process that looks sand storm-y, too. That's kinda what I was trying to suggest in an earlier post as another effect that might be nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucoZ6QVjWI

Comment

Hi, have you any idea why all the materials in your pack now look like this, see attached and when you open the material it has this error. When I add any of the recipes to my level they now have this vignette around them. This is 4.19. I migrated the pack from a 4.18 version. Thanks for any help
            Attached Files
            Last edited by darinsmyth; 03-20-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darinsmyth View Post
              Hi, have you any idea why all the materials in your pack now look like this, see attached and when you open the material it has this error. When I add any of the recipes to my level they now have this vignette around them. This is 4.19. I migrated the pack from a 4.18 version. Thanks for any help
              Hi,

The current version of the Chameleon is not compatible with 4.19 Currently I'm working on a new version which will be available approximately in two weeks with full 4.19 support.
              SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

I purchased this asset and have received the following errors when trying to package the project :

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Cook: LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/Chameleon/Enums/colorChannels.ColorChannels' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Cook: LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/Chameleon/Enums/LOOKPresetsEnum.LOOKPresetsEnum' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Cook: LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/Chameleon/Enums/BlendModes.BlendModes' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.

I need this build to go out asap, could you advise...

Comment

Originally posted by queendaedra View Post
                  I purchased this asset and have received the following errors when trying to package the project :

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Cook: LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/Chameleon/Enums/colorChannels.ColorChannels' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Cook: LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/Chameleon/Enums/LOOKPresetsEnum.LOOKPresetsEnum' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Cook: LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/Chameleon/Enums/BlendModes.BlendModes' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.

I need this build to go out asap, could you advise...
                  Can you share the engine version, please? Also, did you tried the recommended action ("Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and deterministic cooking") ?
                  SUMFX.net

Comment

No update? Broken, waiting for the new version...

Comment

Originally posted by WKM-EL View Post
                      No update? Broken, waiting for the new version...
                      Hi, still waiting on the marketplace queue for review.

Friendly note: You should check all your commercial assets for their compatibility with the new engine version you want to upgrade to.
                      SUMFX.net

Comment

Chameleon 9.0 is here! Changelog is below.
                        • New effect: Screen Fire
                        • New effect: Haunted
                        • New recipe: CR_Bend
                        • New feature: Distance masking for all effects
                        • Blend Mask Scale field has been added to all effects (under advanced tab)
                        • Blend Distance field has been added to all effects (under advanced tab)
                        • Blend Distance Sharpness field has been added to all effects (under advanced tab)
                        • Blend Distance Invert field has been added to all effects (under advanced tab)
                        • Fix: Corrected UV positioning in all effects
                        • Fix: Corrected Sketch pattern animation
                        • Algorithm for Comic effect has been updated for better visuals and performance
                        • Comic effect's PreMultiplierproperty now has a default value of 10.0 (was 5.0)
                        • Edge Detect effect is now before tone mapping
                        • Edge Detect effect's Threshold slider range is now 0.001/10 (was 0.001/1)
                        • World Splash Tiling field has been added to World Splash effect

SUMFX.net

Comment

Hi SumFX

It looks like Chameleon doesn't work with the sequencer. Is there a specific procedure to make it works ? I can put keyframes in my sequencer and I can see my values changing, but it doesn't affect the rendering at all. I tried with a couple of your features and they all do the same problem. I also tried in a new blank project.

PS: I'm using 4.19.1

Comment

Originally posted by DJoExe View Post
                            Hi SumFX

It looks like Chameleon doesn't work with the sequencer. Is there a specific procedure to make it works ? I can put keyframes in my sequencer and I can see my values changing, but it doesn't affect the rendering at all. I tried with a couple of your features and they all do the same problem. I also tried in a new blank project.

PS: I'm using 4.19.1
                            Hi DJoExe,

Sorry to hear that. No, there's nothing specific to do. Can you share that blank project showcasing the problem with me by my email address thesumfx@gmail.com , please?
                            SUMFX.net

Comment

Thanks for your quick answer SumFX, well you only need to create a new level Sequence, then add Chameleon in the trackbar of the sequencer, then add any effect with a keyframe and set one to 0 and another to 1. For instance, if you use frost, put the screen coverage to 0 to a frame and add another keyframe with a value of 1. There will not be any change visually, but those 2 values will interpolate. It will be a bit to big of a file if I send you a blank project with all the Chameleon Features in it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJoExe View Post
                                Thanks for your quick answer SumFX, well you only need to create a new level Sequence, then add Chameleon in the trackbar of the sequencer, then add any effect with a keyframe and set one to 0 and another to 1. For instance, if you use frost, put the screen coverage to 0 to a frame and add another keyframe with a value of 1. There will not be any change visually, but those 2 values will interpolate. It will be a bit to big of a file if I send you a blank project with all the Chameleon Features in it.
                                I couldn't reproduce the problem. That's why I'm asking for an example project. Here's the result of my test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rJol0Q0r2g
                                SUMFX.net

Comment

Working...
                                X