Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SumFX View Post
    Memories.. I was amazed when i first saw this effect in their gameplay trailer. I'll look and see what can i achieve but i think the first stop is that knowing what engine they use. I've imagined a lot of effects but failed because of the limitations of the material editor. As you may know Chameleon is blueprint only solution and we are not allowed to create "new shaders" by blueprints but only adding functions to them. For example; I CAN'T write geometry shader which would be super cool if i can. Anyway, thanks for the PDF. I'll look into it.
    I'm thankful Chameleon is a Blueprints solution as I exclusively script with Blueprints. Remedy's Time Stutter Effect appears to utilize multiple post-processes and materials. I figured, I could stack Chameleon Effects to achieve a majority of the post processing.

I did suspect geometry shaders are at work, and initiated investigation into distortion effects and the custom material node as the one described in Epics Training Video. However, I do not know the limitations of this system and I'm no Material, HLSL, Math Guru like You. I can visualize something interesting with metaballs for Prisms...

Perhaps this inquiry will spawn a new Product Line: The Chameleon Shaders Library. I sincerely appreciate you taking time to look into it.

TechLord @ HEADLESSStudios.com
    ExORION Sci-Fi Action/Terror FPS needs 3D KitBashers and Blueprinters. Join Our Discord.

Comment

Working on a new Selective Color effect. I hope it can catch the Chameleon 7 train : )

Looks crazy, so you mean we can literally paint every mesh in the scene with a different color?

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
        I'm thankful Chameleon is a Blueprints solution as I exclusively script with Blueprints. Remedy's Time Stutter Effect appears to utilize multiple post-processes and materials. I figured, I could stack Chameleon Effects to achieve a majority of the post processing.

I did suspect geometry shaders are at work, and initiated investigation into distortion effects and the custom material node as the one described in Epics Training Video. However, I do not know the limitations of this system and I'm no Material, HLSL, Math Guru like You. I can visualize something interesting with metaballs for Prisms...

Perhaps this inquiry will spawn a new Product Line: The Chameleon Shaders Library. I sincerely appreciate you taking time to look into it.

Thanks for the stream link. I think i didn't watched that one which is a shame because Wizard RyanB there : )

I did watched several more videos of the Quantum Break's stutter effect and i'm pretty sure now about the workflow. This effect can be created in Unreal for sure but it's not a Post Process only solution. It contains a world space materials, particle systems, static meshes (as we talk in Unreal) and finally post processingi so it would be a multistack workflow. Actually i bought the game today and its downloading right now : ) So Chameleon updates have been paused for a while.. Just kidding :P

So in short; this effect is out of Chameleon's scope but still want to try some techniques to create a similar effect in Unreal (because it's look so cool). If i success, it still can't be shipped with the Chameleon since it wouldn't be a post process only solution like Chameleon.

Thanks!
        SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by BarisT View Post
          Looks crazy, so you mean we can literally paint every mesh in the scene with a different color?
          Hi Baris;

Actually no; this effects allows you to show only one color in...color : ) Let's call it Sin City effect. As you may remember the whole movie was in greyscale except for the red color.

But;

With Chameleon 7, you will be able to paint multiple meshes with different colors and even able to apply them different effects with the help of the new stencil masking feature! (maximum 255 of them)
          SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Thanks for the stream link. I think i didn't watched that one which is a shame because Wizard RyanB there : )

I did watched several more videos of the Quantum Break's stutter effect and i'm pretty sure now about the workflow. This effect can be created in Unreal for sure but it's not a Post Process only solution. It contains a world space materials, particle systems, static meshes (as we talk in Unreal) and finally post processingi so it would be a multistack workflow. Actually i bought the game today and its downloading right now : ) So Chameleon updates have been paused for a while.. Just kidding :P

So in short; this effect is out of Chameleon's scope but still want to try some techniques to create a similar effect in Unreal (because it's look so cool). If i success, it still can't be shipped with the Chameleon since it wouldn't be a post process only solution like Chameleon.

Thanks!
            Hi SumFX. I should have thought of that, I would have gifted you that Game to make this a reality. (In fact, its not too late. I can reimburse the expense via Paypal). I want this Effect(s), and I'm the first in line to purchase. Please advise how it can be distributed ie Gumroad, TheGameDevStore.com, or other.

Sincere Regards

ExORION Sci-Fi Action/Terror FPS needs 3D KitBashers and Blueprinters. Join Our Discord.

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
              Hi SumFX. I should have thought of that, I would have gifted you that Game to make this a reality. (In fact, its not too late. I can reimburse the expense via Paypal). I want this Effect(s), and I'm the first in line to purchase. Please advise how it can be distributed ie Gumroad, TheGameDevStore.com, or other.

Sincere Regards

You gave me the most precious thing; the idea! ; )

Best.
              SUMFX.net

Comment

Trying to make some improvements on Screen Drops effect.

SUMFX.net

Comment

DEPRECATION ALERT

Floating, Wobbly and Mask Blur effects will be deprecated with Chameleon 7. You will have blueprint access to their functions until Chameleon 8 and with Chameleon 8, they will be removed from the package completely.

Why?

Talking for Floating and Wobbly effects; they couldn't match the quality of the Chameleon since their first release and there's nothing to do for improving them. And for Mask Blur effect; starting with Chameleon 7 all effects can be texture masked and you can use simple Blur filter with masking option to achieve same view.
                  SUMFX.net

Comment

And for Mask Blur effect; starting with Chameleon 7 all effects can be texture masked and you can use simple Blur filter with masking option to achieve same view.
                    This is awesome! Nice work
                    Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
                    • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

Comment

Working on a new Selective Color effect. I hope it can catch the Chameleon 7 train : )

I am looking for an effect of the world in greyscale but particles are in colour, is this possible in Chameleon?

Comment

[MENTION=925]darinsmyth[/MENTION]

This effect will be in package soon but as taking your question in general; you can apply ANY OF THE EFFECTS of the Chameleon to the specific objects in the world by Custom Depth (and single stencil with Chameleon 7) option. For demo purpose i've applied a Blur effect only to the Particle in a scene below.

SUMFX.net

Comment

Changelog for Chameleon 7.0

Hi everyone,

I've submitted the Chameleon 7.0 and currently in review. Here's a changelog for this release;

• New effect: Digitize
                          • New effect: World Glitch
                          • New effect: Sketch
                          • New effect: Alarm
                          • New effect: Wired
                          • New recipe: Code
                          • New recipe: Beautifier
                          • New feature: Now all effects have their own Blend Mask slot for masking the effect with a grayscale texture.
                          • New feature: Two new paper textures
                          • New feature: Enabled option has been added to Chameleon Settings
                          • New feature: All effect parameters have been exposed to cinematics
                          • Fix: Colorize is now respects the Blending mode
                          • Fix: Chameleon volume will not block the physics objects anymore
                          • Fix: Squares effect now has correct 1:1 ratio by default
                          • Fix: Fixed an issue on 2D Transform region clamping. No more scretched out-of-bound texture edges.
                          • Common features (like Custom Depth, Blending Mode, etc..) for all effects have been moved to "Effect_Name - Advanced" section as taking future extensibility and maintenance into consideration.
                          • Huge refactoring on Chameleon blueprint's variable names (effect parameters). Now it's easier to find a variable related to an effect since all variable names is now contains a parent effect's name as a prefix.
                          • Circles effect recreated as it is now full blueprint
                          • Blur effect recreated with dynamic sample count selection
                          • Blur Samples field has been added to Blur effect
                          • Radial Blur Mask X Speed field has been added to Radial Blur effect
                          • Radial Blur Mask Y Speed field has been added to Radial Blur effect
                          • 2D Transform effect now has Tiled field
                          • Ice Color field has been added to Frost effect
                          • Samples field has been added to Mask Blur effect
                          • Noise Algorithm field has been added to Drawing effect
                          • New default values for Drawing effect
                          • New default values for Magic Transitions effect
                          • TV Noise effect recreated from scratch with the new and more realistic noising technique
                          • Iridescent effect's upper Iridescence value limit is now 1.19
                          • New default values for Iridescent effect
                          • Edge Detect effect's upper Edge Threshold value limit is now 1.0
                          • New default values for Edge Detect effect
                          • Desaturation field has been added to Comic effect
                          • Pre Multiplier field has been added to Comic effect
                          • 2D Transform Background Color field has been added to 2D Transform effect
                          • ASCII Pre Multiplier field has been added to the ASCII effect
                          • Highlight Color field of the Custom Depth Highlighter effect was renamed as Custom Depth Highlighter Highlight Color
                          • Highlight Opacity field of the Custom Depth Highlighter effect was renamed as Custom Depth Highlighter Highlight Opacity
                          • (C) Highlight Color field of the Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip) effect was renamed as Custom Depth Highlighter (C) Highlight Color
                          • (C) Highlight Opacity field of the Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip) effect was renamed as Custom Depth Highlighter (C) Highlight Opacity
                          • Custom Depth Highlighter Outline Color field has been added to Custom Depth Highlighter effect
                          • Custom Depth Highlighter Outline Opacity field has been added to Custom Depth Highlighter effect
                          • Custom Depth Highlighter (C) Outline Color field has been added to Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip) effect
                          • Custom Depth Highlighter (C) Outline Opacity field has been added to Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip) effect
                          • Deprecated effect: Floating effect has been deprecated. (Still available for blueprint calls but it'll be removed completely from the package in next update)
                          • Deprecated effect: Wobbly effect has been deprecated. (Still available for blueprint calls but it'll be removed completely from the package in next update)
                          • Deprecated effect: Mask Blur effect has been deprecated. Now all effects have their own Blend Mask slot. (Still available for blueprint calls but it'll be removed completely from the package in next update)
                          • Deprecated field: Radial Blur Mask field has been removed from the Radial Blur effect. Now all effects have their own Blend Mask slot. (Still available for blueprint calls but it'll be removed completely from the package in next update)
                          Last edited by SumFX; 05-25-2017, 07:38 AM. Reason: Type
                          SUMFX.net

Comment

Chameleon 7.0 is here. It's time to hit that update button!
                            SUMFX.net

Comment

where is digitize? is it not in the 4.15 version?

Comment

Originally posted by RexVex86 View Post
                                where is digitize? is it not in the 4.15 version?
                                I'm developing and packaging all updates with the latest version of the engine available in that time, so Chameleon 7.0 is 4.16 and above only.
                                SUMFX.net

Comment

Working...
                                X