No announcement yet.

Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done similar kind of effects (Drawing/Painting) in the past with Chameleon and included them as "Recipes" in Package. The example you show however, needs a little bit more than those. I think it's possible to do but needs some time. I'll take a look at it and will share the result.
    SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Here is the problem. I am using the FPS template as an example.

I uncheck "Unbound" in the InternalPP

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1123706

In the editor (without playing) I don't get rain drops unless I enter the volume. So far so good.

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	1123707

Now I want to test out the effect while playing (I am stating outside the volume)

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	1123708

I press Play and the even though I am not in the volume the effect is active.

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1123709

Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
      Last edited by bigboy2k; 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigboy2k View Post
        I uncheck "Unbound" in the InternalPP
        Here is the problem. InternalPP is a component which i'm using for under the hood purposes. The option you looking for is under the "Chameleon Settings" group. Can't share a screen right now but it's in the main Chameleon window like all other effects. Unfortunately Unreal Engine doesn't allows us to re-order that group list so it must be 5 or 6 from the end of the effect list. Please let me know if that works for you?
        SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post
          Here is the problem. InternalPP is a component which i'm using for under the hood purposes. The option you looking for is under the "Chameleon Settings" group. Can't share a screen right now but it's in the main Chameleon window like all other effects. Unfortunately Unreal Engine doesn't allows us to re-order that group list so it must be 5 or 6 from the end of the effect list. Please let me know if that works for you?
          It works Thank you so much! I feel so stupid that I didn't see that.

Comment

Happy to hear that works! : )
            SUMFX.net

Comment

[MENTION=973]SumFX[/MENTION], first thanks so much for the updates! Really helpful to have the radial blur mask and tint for the screen damage AWESOME!!!

So, onto my question...

I'm using the "Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip)" effect and it's working perfectly except this one scenario...

I have a pawn w/ multiple static mesh components and the static mesh components are clipping each other, making the highlight turn on when I'm looking straight at it. Is there any way to adjust for this use case?

Thanks!
              Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
              • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

Comment

Originally posted by rcdarcey View Post
                @SumFX, first thanks so much for the updates! Really helpful to have the radial blur mask and tint for the screen damage AWESOME!!!

So, onto my question...

I'm using the "Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip)" effect and it's working perfectly except this one scenario...

I have a pawn w/ multiple static mesh components and the static mesh components are clipping each other, making the highlight turn on when I'm looking straight at it. Is there any way to adjust for this use case?

Thanks!
                Thank you!. So you applied the custom depth option to all of that Pawn's static meshes or some them?
                SUMFX.net

Comment

Thank you!. So you applied the custom depth option to all of that Pawn's static meshes or some them?
                  I applied the custom depth option to all of them. Another example you could think of is if you attach a weapon to a pawn and both have the custom depth option set. With this setup, I'm seeing the weapon "clipping" the pawn and the pawn shows up highlighted behind the weapon...but if both the pawn and weapon are behind a wall, I'd want them both highlighted. Is that possible?
                  • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

Comment

I applied the custom depth option to all of them. Another example you could think of is if you attach a weapon to a pawn and both have the custom depth option set. With this setup, I'm seeing the weapon "clipping" the pawn and the pawn shows up highlighted behind the weapon...but if both the pawn and weapon are behind a wall, I'd want them both highlighted. Is that possible?
                    Unfortunately i couldn't reproduce this. In the image below, objects 1, 2 and 3 have custom depth enabled and Chameleon's "Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip)" is in effect. As you can see there's no clipping between these three objects. Can you share a sample project with me so i can inspect the issue more easily?

Thanks.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by SumFX; 02-23-2017, 06:06 AM.
                    SUMFX.net

Comment

Unfortunately i couldn't reproduce this. In the image below, objects 1, 2 and 3 have custom depth enabled and Chameleon's "Custom Depth Highlighter (Clip)" is in effect. As you can see there's no clipping between these three objects. Can you share a sample project with me so i can inspect the issue more easily?
                      OMG...sorry...bug on my end. I wasn't actually setting the weapon mesh custom depth option. Everything's all good!

Comment

OMG...sorry...bug on my end. I wasn't actually setting the weapon mesh custom depth option. Everything's all good!
                        OK...so, this isn't a bug but it's a weird use case I want to see if I can achieve. Is there anyway you can specify an actor to both NOT show up with the highlight and NOT trigger the highlight when it's clipping an object?

For example, in a third person game, when my character is clipping in front of enemies, it can cause the highlight effect to appear on the enemies. A decent work around (for my use case at least) is to turn on the render custom depth option for the player's pawn...but there are still times when geo gets in between my pawn and the camera, triggering the highlight effect on the player's pawn.

This just might not be achievable w/ the system, but figured I'd ask!

Comment

OK...so, this isn't a bug but it's a weird use case I want to see if I can achieve. Is there anyway you can specify an actor to both NOT show up with the highlight and NOT trigger the highlight when it's clipping an object?

For example, in a third person game, when my character is clipping in front of enemies, it can cause the highlight effect to appear on the enemies. A decent work around (for my use case at least) is to turn on the render custom depth option for the player's pawn...but there are still times when geo gets in between my pawn and the camera, triggering the highlight effect on the player's pawn.

This just might not be achievable w/ the system, but figured I'd ask!
                          Sorry to say that but it is not possible without modifiying the Chameleon. Basic workaround for this would be enabling the custom depth on player's pawn too. But this action would be create a new side effects. However, i'll keep this in my mind and may be i can solve this in one of the future releases.
                          SUMFX.net

Comment

Sorry to say that but it is not possible without modifiying the Chameleon. Basic workaround for this would be enabling the custom depth on player's pawn too. But this action would be create a new side effects. However, i'll keep this in my mind and may be i can solve this in one of the future releases.
                            Yep, that's what I figured and that's the work around I'm currently using. Thanks for the response!

Comment

"Circles" effect has been created from scratch with full blueprint scripting. Coming with Chameleon V7.0. Here's a comparison:

Attached Files
                              SUMFX.net

Comment

New effect (Full post process as always)

World Glitch

SUMFX.net

Comment

Working...
                                X