Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [HP] View Post
    Hey buddy, extraordinary library you've got here!

I have a quick question, would it be possible to add some sort of depth to one of these effects? For instance, say I'd like the Kuwahara filter to render only on the background objects, but filter out the foreground?
    Glad you like it! It's possible and long time wanted feature from the users but couldn't managed to include it in the next update. I'm planing to add this feature to all effects but as i said, not until the second update from now. However you can inspect the Distance Distortion to get an idea about the depth usage on the effect visibility. Just keep in mind please; you should do your modification operations on the new materials created by yourself, not in the Chameleon's own materials. This way you can avoid the overwrites which would be caused by the future Chameleon updates. This workflow also comes with it's cons though. For example; you won't be able to control your new material with the Chameleon.
    SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Love what you have created! I was wondering, how would I get an effect to be deactivated at the start of my level and then activated by hitting a trigger? Can you show me through blueprint? Also, can a custom post processing volume be created with your package? If not, that would be a great feature to have. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by bigboy2k View Post
        Love what you have created!
        Happy to hear that!
        I was wondering, how would I get an effect to be deactivated at the start of my level and then activated by hitting a trigger? Can you show me through blueprint?
        For triggering the effects by blueprint, please take a look at these previous posts:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post637134
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post634541

Also, can a custom post processing volume be created with your package? If not, that would be a great feature to have. Thanks for your help!
        Chameleon's itself has an integrated post process volume under the hood. Until now there was no option to make it "Unbound" but this will change with the upcoming update (a.k.a. V6.0). Chameleon V6.0 is coming with a ton of new features, effects, bug fixes and "Unbound" option.
        SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post
          Chameleon's itself has an integrated post process volume under the hood. Until now there was no option to make it "Unbound" but this will change with the upcoming update (a.k.a. V6.0). Chameleon V6.0 is coming with a ton of new features, effects, bug fixes and "Unbound" option.
          Thanks for the quick response! Would I be able to resize the post process volume to any size I like? This way I can have a certain look for a specific part of a level? Thanks!
          Last edited by bigboy2k; 02-06-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! Would I be able to resize the post process volume to any size I like? This way I can have a certain look for a specific part of a level? Thanks!
            Absolutely! That's the whole point.
            SUMFX.net

Comment

And here is the preview of the Chameleon volume:

Attached Files
              SUMFX.net

Comment

Looks awesome and thanks for the response!

Is this coming out when 4.15 is released?

Comment

Looks awesome and thanks for the response!

Is this coming out when 4.15 is released?
                  In following days, yes! (Marketplace submission approval takes some time)
                  SUMFX.net

Comment

Chameleon V6.0 has been submitted to Marketplace and currently in review by Epic staff. Here's a changelog of this update:

• New effect : Snow
                    • New effect : Kaleidescope
                    • New effect : Letterboxing
                    • New effect : 2D Transform
                    • New effect : World Splash
                    • New feature : Unbound option
                    • New feature : Editor gizmo and icon component for Chameleon actor
                    • New feature : Front-end effect priority settings through the details editor window
                    • New Recipe : CR_Fire
                    • Sharpen is now after tonemapping for better output quality
                    • Animation Speed field has been added to Drawing effect
                    • Radial Blur Mask field has been added to Radial Blur effect
                    • Splashes Amount field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Splashes Intensity field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Splashes Tiling field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Bump field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Layer 1 Noise field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Layer 2 Noise field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Layer 3 Noise field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Diffuse Intensity field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • Diffuse Color field has been added to Screen Drops effect
                    • New default values for Screen Drops effect
                    • Use Diffuse Buffer field has been added to Toon Shading effect
                    • Tint field has been added to Screen Damage effect
                    • Screen Damage effect is now covering the entire screen correctly
                    • Magic Transitions effect is now covering the entire screen correctly
                    • Pulse effect now has correct distortion parameters
                    • Near Multiply field of the Distance Fog effect was renamed as Near Color
                    • Fog Color field of the Distance Fog effect was renamed as Far Color
                    • Distance Fog effect was recreated from scratch.
                    • New default values for Distance Fog effect
                    • Scaling algorithm has been changed for the Screen Decals effect
                    • Screen Decals effect is now using the screen aligned UV for positioning the decals (0-1)
                    • Slot 1 - Rotation field has been added to Screen Decals effect
                    • Slot 2 - Rotation field has been added to Screen Decals effect
                    • Slot 3 - Rotation field has been added to Screen Decals effect
                    • Slot 4 - Rotation field has been added to Screen Decals effect
                    • Blocking feature of the Glitch effect has been fixed.
                    • Assets' names refactored to meet Unreal Engine 4 official guidelines
                    SUMFX.net

Comment

wow, impressive update !
                      cant wait to play with it ;-)
                      thx for the good work !!
                      www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

That was fast! Chameleon V6.0 is now available.
                        SUMFX.net

Comment

I got the new update and it is awesome! One problem I am having is with the Chameleon volume. I uncheck the "Unbound" box and everything works as expected when I am editing my work but if I go and play within my level then everything is affected. For example, if I turn on screen drops and uncheck the "unbound" box then the screen drops are only bound to that Chameleon volume when I am working within the editor. Yet if I go and play within the editor, then the screen drops start right away and are no longer bound to the Chameleon volume (Also, my player start is not in the Chameleon volume at the start of the level). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: I just checked and the same thing above also applies to the "Recipes"
                          Last edited by bigboy2k; 02-17-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I got the new update and it is awesome! One problem I am having is with the Chameleon volume. I uncheck the "Unbound" box and everything works as expected when I am editing my work but if I go and play within my level then everything is affected. For example, if I turn on screen drops and uncheck the "unbound" box then the screen drops are only bound to that Chameleon volume when I am working within the editor. Yet if I go and play within the editor, then the screen drops start right away and are no longer bound to the Chameleon volume (Also, my player start is not in the Chameleon volume at the start of the level). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that.. I'll test it and share the results. Just give me a day or so.
                            SUMFX.net

Comment

Thanks!

Hi,

I've tested this on my end and it worked as desired. Can you please try the same thing in the blank new project?
                              SUMFX.net

Comment

[MENTION=973]SumFX[/MENTION] I was wondering how you'd go about doing this kind of effect with Chameleon? https://80lv-cdn.xsolla.com/80.lv/up.../Blendable.jpg
                                Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Working...
                                X