No announcement yet.

Chameleon Post Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing product! This helps me fill in a weak area of my skills. I have no idea how to make post effects like these.

Three quick questions:
    1. Can you make it possible for Anamorphic Lens Flares to take on the color of the light they are generated from? IE a room with a red and green lightbulb will currently just show blue streaks for both.
    2. I'd really like to use this to highlight enemies and friendlies. I can do one or the other with custom depth, but I can't do both. Any idea how this might be pulled off?
    3. Is there an easy way to assign these post effects to one specific camera? I know I could do it manually by keeping track of posess/unpossess events, but that will get cumbersome real fast.

Looking forward to the transfer modes you're adding.

Comment

Originally posted by AurelTristen View Post
      Amazing product! This helps me fill in a weak area of my skills. I have no idea how to make post effects like these.
      Glad you like it! Thanks

Three quick questions:
      1. Can you make it possible for Anamorphic Lens Flares to take on the color of the light they are generated from? IE a room with a red and green lightbulb will currently just show blue streaks for both.
      This effect is under heavy development right now and yes; i think i can add that feature in near future.
      2. I'd really like to use this to highlight enemies and friendlies. I can do one or the other with custom depth, but I can't do both. Any idea how this might be pulled off?
      Unfortunately, Chameleon doesn't support this feature yet but it's planned as a first or a second update from now. I have a multiple requests from the users about this feature.
      3. Is there an easy way to assign these post effects to one specific camera? I know I could do it manually by keeping track of posess/unpossess events, but that will get cumbersome real fast.
      I would do this by manualy enabling/disabling an effect(s) by blueprint or code when the camera switches. I made a quick example at https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post637134 about changing the Chameleon's parameters dynamicaly. That example was about the keypress activation but the logic would be same.

Looking forward to the transfer modes you're adding.
      Thanks for following and be ready for more!
      SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

[MENTION=973]SumFX[/MENTION] any chance of blood PP effects like when a player takes damage or dies? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
          @SumFX any chance of blood PP effects like when a player takes damage or dies? thanks
          Yes! You can do that type of effects with Chameleon.
          SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

Is there a way to apply the effects only in specific areas of the map?

Because my game is open world so when i add the chameleon on it, it apply to everything.
            I wish i could use the different effects in different places , Is there a way to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffwinner View Post
              Is there a way to apply the effects only in specific areas of the map?

Because my game is open world so when i add the chameleon on it, it apply to everything.
              I wish i could use the different effects in different places , Is there a way to do that?
              Can you try this solution: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post371239 please let me know if it's work for you.
              SUMFX.net

Comment

Originally posted by SumFX View Post
                Can you try this solution: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post371239 please let me know if it's work for you.
                Okay, I made the unbound false, but I still can't add it to a solo post process volume
                How can i do that?
                Also, can i add lots of chameleon actors to the world?
                I mean, in some parts I wish to use the drug effect but in the full world I wish to use a global effect like contrast ect..

Comment

Originally posted by jeffwinner View Post
                  Okay, I made the unbound false, but I still can't add it to a solo post process volume
                  How can i do that?
                  Also, can i add lots of chameleon actors to the world?
                  I mean, in some parts I wish to use the drug effect but in the full world I wish to use a global effect like contrast ect..
                  I could reproduce this on my end. It looks like some functionality has been changed since that time. I'm marking this problem as top of my to-do list. I think that some blueprint coding will be required. You can expect this feature as a part of the next update.
                  Last edited by SUMFX; 12-30-2016, 05:26 AM.
                  SUMFX.net

Comment

New Recipe: CR_Fire

Original Scene:

Scene with CR_Fire:

What is it? : Recipes are basically premade sets of effects created by setting multiple values of the Chameleon to create desired final effect. Recipes are also combinable with other recipes. There's a short demo video to see recipes in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDjb8Ar6BNY
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SUMFX; 01-02-2017, 05:26 PM.
                    SUMFX.net

Comment

New effect from upcoming update

Kaleidescope

Attached Files
                      SUMFX.net

Comment

Looks great as usual! Will this new release have this Blending Modes and Opacity feature you mentioned on previous page?

Comment

Originally posted by BarisT View Post
                          Looks great as usual! Will this new release have this Blending Modes and Opacity feature you mentioned on previous page?
                          Thanks Baris! Yes it will. Actually the results are amazing and really fun to play with. These new blending modes are multiplies the possibilities of the effect stacking. That new update will also come with the new front-end effect ordering (no blueprint pin ordering anymore) and the new "Unbound" option for volume activation as seen on native Post Process Volumes.

However, there's two limitations right now:

1) Not all effects supports the front-end ordering since some of them are using the "Before Tonemapping" option to give the desired effect. For example: Drawing. It's always working before other effects marked as "After Tonemapping".

2) "Unbound" option doesn't work properly with the front-end ordering mechanism. The reason of that is currently the Unreal Engine doesn't allows the setting "Blendable Priority" property of the dynamically created material instance. I've noted this problem in the AnswerHub as you may follow here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...of-the-ma.html This situation is forcing me to set original materials' parameters to enable front-end effect ordering, so the problem starts right here since two unbounded Chameleon instances are using the same materials (and the same parameters of them). Whenever the Epic solves this problem or i find an another way to do this then this two features will be perfect matches.

But the pros of the current state of these two features is still crunching it's limitations and believe me; you'll like it : )
                          SUMFX.net

Comment

Thanks for the update! Works fine, although the character jumps speed a bit on the initial movement and the sonar stays as an aura almost around the character initially. Thank you!

Comment

Previews of the upcoming blending modes (Radial blur effect used in these examples):

Full resolution: http://sumfx.net/demo/chameleon/Cham...ingModes1x.jpg

Attached Files
                              SUMFX.net

Comment

New Recipe: CR_FakeNightVision

What is it? : Recipes are basically premade sets of effects created by setting multiple values of the Chameleon to create desired final effect. Recipes are also combinable with other recipes. There's a short demo video to see recipes in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDjb8Ar6BNY

Attached Files
                                Last edited by SUMFX; 01-04-2017, 11:29 AM.
                                SUMFX.net

Comment

Working...
                                X