No announcement yet.

Chameleon - Post Process Material Library

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question about the one effect I could use, the distance fog. If the geometry is hidden by the fog, does the engine render it? Or does the engine only start rendering when it comes into view? Alot of the other effects look cool, but I can imagine how it would feel using something like alchohol or glitch in VR >.<
    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
      Quick question about the one effect I could use, the distance fog. If the geometry is hidden by the fog, does the engine render it? Or does the engine only start rendering when it comes into view? Alot of the other effects look cool, but I can imagine how it would feel using something like alchohol or glitch in VR >.<
      These are all post process effects which uses mainly screen image and scene depth values so yes; geometry & texture infos needs to be rendered by engine. I've not tested any of these effects with any VR kit but i think it'll not perform well with VR tech right now. I've Oculus however. One of the future updates may contain VR support.

Comment

What is the performance of this since is done using materials ?
        Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
          What is the performance of this since is done using materials ?
          Many of complex effects in this package are created by the help of HLSL code node to improve in-editor performance. In effects themselves there should be no difference between using post process materials and using any other material in your project. Chameleon also works only with the enabled effects. If you use Radial Blur, It'll use only that. So in short; If you can use Unreal Engine's native "Bloom" then you can use Chameleon.

Comment

Hello everyone,

August 19th release has been postponed because of "minor technical difficulties" on Epic's side and I've been informed about the situation. Release is still expecting to happen in this week however. Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Good news. Chameleon is now on marketplace.

Comment

Very nice! Good to see some real effort has been put into these!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                  Very nice! Good to see some real effort has been put into these!
                  Thank you! : )

Comment

Three new effects from upcoming update (These are still WIP)

Selective Color (#-POSTPONED FOR FUTURE RELEASE-#)

Click image for larger version

Name:	U1SelectiveColor.png
Views:	1
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	1084172

Iridescent

Name:	U1Iridescent.png
Size:	800.4 KB
ID:	1084173

Wobbly

Last edited by SumFXSupport; 11-25-2015, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Real value in content, well structured, well presented, reasonable price and no disingenuous/misleading marketer headlines;
                      Very impressive, really like your work.

People new to third-party services and willing to sell products on Marketplace could look at this and simply learn that honest product presentation and good quality are enough to sell something instead of go out screaming "-Ultimate xxx [insert garbage here]", "-Ultra, Master, Plus Advanced [insert basic blueprint here]"...
                      On the long run buyers will grow skeptical because of those headlines and will affect everyone selling assets.
                      I think Epic could be more incisive about this.

Very nice product, and mature presentation; Good job, sorry for the rant
                      | Finite State Machine | Object-Pool Plugin | Auto-Save Plugin | Anti-Cheat Plugin |

Comment

Thanks for kind words @BrUnO XaVIeR , those are much more valuable for me since I'm making this because of love! I'm really glad you like my product and always open to suggestions to improve it. I don't see a rant but great support! Thanks again! : )

Comment

Brilliant tool, been messing around with it and all of the effects are top notch. Looking forward to the future updates!
                          Undead Blackout - Now on Steam!

Borderline Inappropriate Game Studios Website

Comment

Four more new effects from upcoming update (These are still WIP)

Invert

Name:	U1Invert.png
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	1084570

Squares

Name:	U1Squares.png
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	1084571

Pulse

TV Noise

Comment

I'm not sure if I've ever gotten motion sickness in my life until I saw the wobbly effect.

Comment

Two more new effects from upcoming update (These are still WIP)

Kuwahara

Name:	U1Kuwahara.png
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	1084678

Tiles

Name:	U1Tiles.png
Size:	512.0 KB
ID:	1084679