Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alwoood View Post
    Hello,

I just bought UDS, I'm playing with it and it's amazing ! I just have one problem in the editor window. Everytime I click somewhere in the viewport, there's some weird flickering and it changes the light.

This problem doesn't show up when I I'm in play mode, only in editor.

Seems like it has something to do with the sky atmosphere and that it's updating at runtime. Can't figure it out.

Click image for larger version Name:	UDSFlickering.gif Views:	0 Size:	335.5 KB ID:	1863307
    Hard to tell, but it might be a conflict between UDS and something in your scene. Does the same flickering happen in the demo map included in the UDS folder?
    Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Thanks for your answer ! yes, the flickering happens also in the demo map.

I changed the settings, I'm working with ray tracing so I changed the default RHI to DirectX 12, can't see anything else that differs from another project.

And it's happening specifically in this project, so I could start a new project and migrate everything, but it's a pretty big one so i was hoping to find a solution !

Comment

Originally posted by Alwoood View Post
        Thanks for your answer ! yes, the flickering happens also in the demo map.

I changed the settings, I'm working with ray tracing so I changed the default RHI to DirectX 12, can't see anything else that differs from another project.

And it's happening specifically in this project, so I could start a new project and migrate everything, but it's a pretty big one so i was hoping to find a solution !
        Hm, I would think it's something raytracing related in that case, but I'm not sure. A few questions:
        1. What raytracing features are you using? GI, reflections, translucency?
        2. What Sky Light Mode are you using on UDS?
        3. Do you have volumetric fog enabled, in the height fog category on UDS?
        Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

I'm trying to run this plugin on Rift-S with default settings and it's unusable cos the right panel is flickering and tearing all the way to epilepsy! Before I spend the rest of my day systematically enabling and disabling features is there a known issue and/or solution?

Comment

Originally posted by P3nT4gR4m View Post
            I'm trying to run this plugin on Rift-S with default settings and it's unusable cos the right panel is flickering and tearing all the way to epilepsy! Before I spend the rest of my day systematically enabling and disabling features is there a known issue and/or solution?
            This is just a limitation of 4.26's volumetric clouds, which UDS's default setup makes use of. They're incompatible with VR, unfortunately.
            For VR, I would suggest changing Sky Mode over to one of the other options. 2D Dynamic clouds and Static clouds will both work fine in VR.
            Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Ah, thanks for the quick reply, mate! I'll try the 2d ones and see how I get on.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I was wondering. Is there a way to let ultra dynamic sky work together with the "sun position calculator" plugin? I'm doing a sun simulation for a project, so it's import to have to sun on the right place all of the time together with the weather of ultra dynamic sky . So that i just have to set the date and time, to have the correct sun angle.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X