No announcement yet.

Ultra Dynamic Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I am missing something obvious but I am really struggling to control the depth fog/heighfog on the horizon. I am doing a sunset sky and no matter what I do there is a thick band of brown coloured fog on the horizon. I want the fog on the horizon but I want to change the colour. Most likely it will need to be a physically innaccurate colour but no matter I can't really understand what parameters I can control affect that fog colour on the horizon (I tried adjusting the mie scattering and rayleigh scattering to no avail). If I go into the height fog component I can see the brown colour coming from the fog inscattering color. If I try and force a change to that colour then the fog goes to the colour I want but immediately reverts back because it's being controlled in the shader by other parameters. Do you have any advice for adjusting this height fog inscattering colour? Everything else in my sky is perfect.. just not the height fog colour.

Comment

I thought I figured it out by creating a custom height fog actor and using that instead. This worked but again the colour gets reset by UDSky even with the custom actor. I can turn off use sky atmosphere but then I lose all the other cool sky atmo effects

Comment

Originally posted by hsxtremer View Post
        Any tutorial or idea on how to set up lighting for accessible houses and buildings on the map?
        Every way I do it is with the strange lighting along with the UDS during the day and night transition.
        If you set the UDS Skylight to movable it brightens interiors a lot.
        [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

Are there plans to optimize mesh?
          Its size, triangles...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	WBfn2LqMut.jpg Views:	0 Size:	424.9 KB ID:	1751817
          Last edited by Say1O; 04-27-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, any idea how to improve this view (sun reflection visible on surface during clouded sky. Click image for larger version

Name:	UDS.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1754201

Comment

New update for UDS today. It's 4.25 compatible and comes with a bunch of updates and refinements for 4.24 and 4.25. Some signifigant changes to fog and sky lights in particular.

Changes:
              • Reworked Height Fog integration. When using sky atmosphere, the height fog now uses more appropriate color curves to determine inscattering color and directional inscattering color, with those curves tuned to align well with the default look of the sky.
              • Added a Height Fog section, with variables for the curves it uses to determine color.
              • Added an option to use a curve to change fog density throughout the day. The feature is disabled by default, and the curve provided is a flat value, meant to be edited to fit the user's preference.
              • Revamped the Sky Light integration. The default is now a much improved version of the old "Fast Skylight" option, now labeled as "Cubemap With Dynamic Color Tinting". A capture based sky light (the old default) is still accessible by changing Sky Light Mode to capture based. I've also added a simple option to use a static custom cubemap texture.
              • Added Sunrise and Sunset event dispatchers, controlled similarly to the existing Start Rain and Stop Rain ones. Useful for controlling lights or ambient sound. The specific times that these events are fired can be set in the Animate Time of Day category.
              • Reworked the sun so it's scale independent. The default size of the sun is around the same, but Sun Radius values now scale differently.
              • Added a Cloud Sharpness variable. Increasing this gives the clouds exxagerated hard edges and can give the sky a somewhat stylized look.
              • Changed the default exposure range, to compensate for changes to auto-exposure made in 4.25.
              • Added settings for Night Sky Glow and its associated color. Basically a soft unform glow that fills the sky at night. Previously this was connected to the starlight intensity and not easily editable. Now it's its own effect.
              • Made a change to how sky atmosphere colors clouds, to make them more scale independent.
              • Optimized the sky sphere mesh, particularly to use less geometry on the bottom half where the UV resolution isn't needed.
              • Fixed the implementation of Night Brightness, which wasn't working as intended when using Sky Atmosphere.
              • Edited the sky material to properly mask out all of the clouds, stars, moon, ect on the bottom half of the sky sphere.
              • Improved the way Moon Phase affects the strength of moon lighting and colors.
              Originally posted by gabrielbrud View Post
              I am doing a sunset sky and no matter what I do there is a thick band of brown coloured fog on the horizon. I want the fog on the horizon but I want to change the colour.
              Definitely check out the new update for improvements to fog. The ugly sunset coloring has been improved and it should be easier for the user to make their own changes to fog colors throughout the day now.

Originally posted by Say1O View Post
              Are there plans to optimize mesh?
              Its size, triangles...
              Some density is needed because of how the shader utilizes UVs, but triangle count has been dramatically improved in this update. It's down from 16k to about 5k.

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
              Hi guys, any idea how to improve this view (sun reflection visible on surface during clouded sky.
              I would recommend adjusting cloud shadow intensity so that it fully shadows the sun when obscured by cloud. I do really want to improve the way overcast skies look and behave with lighting though. That's definitely going to be something I target in the next update.
              Last edited by eedobaba; 05-11-2020, 09:05 AM.
              Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Originally posted by eedobaba View Post
                I would recommend adjusting cloud shadow intensity so that it fully shadows the sun when obscured by cloud. I do really want to improve the way overcast skies look and behave with lighting though. That's definitely going to be something I target in the next update.
                Thanks for the new update, so far looks good! I think for the Ocean reflections I could use a dispatcher, hook it into the Ocean BP, then from there switch the Ocean material (to one without reflections)?

Last edited by unit23; 05-13-2020, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Another new update today, for 4.24 and 4.25. Wasn't planning on updating again so quickly, but when testing for that last update I missed a serious bug in 4.25 to do with cloud coloring. So that's fixed, and there are a handful of new changes I've been working on as well.

Changes:
                  • Fixed bug with cloud coloring at sunset, affecting 4.25.
                  • Added variable to Cloud settings to adjust cloud shadow softness.
                  • Added variables to adjust cloud shadow intensity and softness with cloud density, so the lighting can appear correct when the sky goes overcast.
                  • Added a variable to adjust the amount of the swirling clouds texture which appears at high cloud density. Also adjusted the default value to be more subtle.
                  • Changed blueprint/variable settings to work with network replication.
                  • Added control of mie anisotropy based on cloud density, so that sunlight appears to scatter properly when overcast.
                  • Added a "Soften Clouds" option. Erodes and softens the edges of the clouds, to make a more wispy, hazy appearance.

Thanks for the new update, so far looks good! I think for the Ocean reflections I could use a dispatcher, hook it into the Ocean BP, then from there switch the Ocean material (to one without reflections)?
                  I'd recommend checking out this new update. I've done some things to improve the way lighting looks when overcast. I think it should solve that problem of the incorrect reflections.
                  Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

I'd recommend checking out this new update. I've done some things to improve the way lighting looks when overcast. I think it should solve that problem of the incorrect reflections.
                    I have not tested this a lot but has anyone else noticed too bright indoor environments with the latest update?

Comment

I have not tested this a lot but has anyone else noticed too bright indoor environments with the latest update?
                      With the latest updates, the skylight integration got a major overhaul, so I'd recommend taking a close look at the new sky light section if ambient light (either indoor or outdoor) is looking too bright now. One of the changes is that the UDS bp takes control of sky light intensity with a variable, whereas before it didn't touch intensity. And the default is no longer a capture based sky light. So definitely reassess the settings in that section if you're bringing your project forward from an older version of UDS.
                      Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Hello!
                        What do I miss if my scene is too light at night? UDS changing to night correctly but my landscape remains light. I tried use built-in, own sun actor, atmosphere on/off, lowering skylight intensity, but none helped. Im using World Composition and 4.24.
                        thanks

Comment

With the latest updates, the skylight integration got a major overhaul..
                          Some rooms are too bright, like some mesh materials let more light through.

Comment

Working...
                          X