Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra Dynamic Sky

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by unit23 View Post

    Okay, so after editor restart the issue came back, again changing cloud settings inside the BP fixed the issue. Unclear what setting is actually responsible.
    I had same issue. Changed Ultra_Dynamic_Sky_Mat_no_auroras (or Ultra_Dynamic_Sky_Mat if auroras) blend mode from Opaque to Translucent and flickering stopped.

    Comment


      Yes but when you do this, the moon disappear....................... any solution?

      Comment


        The greatest thing I got from Marketplace. Thank you.
        Last edited by SynthLyn-X; 10-28-2019, 04:18 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by DavidBC View Post


          [FIX] Warning: Linear color curves now accurately handle RGB values > 1. If you were relying on HSV clamping, please update x


          Hi! Just open all the curves, and save them.
          If there is still a warning, make a little change and save again.
          Thanks so much!

          Comment


            Originally posted by CaptParis000 View Post
            Hi, I am an UltraDynamicSky customer and I am having trouble with the skylight capturing.
            When I move the time of day in editor the skylight seems to automatically recapture the scene and everything looks good.
            However, once the game has started playing, either in editor or standalone, the initial capture of the skylight doesn't change, even with the "periodically recapture skylight" option checked on.

            I have even tried manually referencing the skylight and calling it's "Recapture Sky" function, this also has no effect. It's as if Epic have made the initial sky capture unchangable while in-game.
            Do you know how I can resolve this problem to achieve nicer dynamic time of day using UltraDynamicSky?
            I have the same problem,did you fix the problem?

            Comment


              It has been ages since I've visited this thread! Looks like it hasn't been too active, but sorry to anyone who came here asking questions or looking for help. I never stopped replying to support emails, but I guess there came a point where I just forgot this place existed for a long while. I'll try and keep a closer eye here in the future.

              Anyway, I just published a major update for UDS, the first in a long time. It's for 4.24 and the big thing is integration with the new Sky Atmosphere system. Here are the main changes:
              • Added Sky Atmosphere integration, enabled by default. (You can still revert back to the legacy coloring if you like by unchecking a box in Basic Controls)
              • Added a built in lighting solution for sun/moon/sky lights + a basic height fog, enabled by default. All of these can be disabled or replaced with a reference to an external actor.
              • Reorganized and recategorized many of the settings, to make them a little easier to understand.
              • Lots of various adjustments to the shader and the default values, to better suit the new default look with the Sky Atmosphere setup.
              • Various bug fixes
              Since this is such a signifigant change to the look of the sky, I've also updated the screenshots on the marketplace page and created a new product video to show the current version.

              My Portfolio

              Comment


                Good to see it's integrated the new Sun/Sky actor into it, not so great that the marketplace and launcher has bugged out not letting us to update to it.
                I wanna learn more about UE4.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Blenux View Post
                  Good to see it's integrated the new Sun/Sky actor into it, not so great that the marketplace and launcher has bugged out not letting us to update to it.
                  Yeah, this was a stressful weekend trying to figure out what was going wrong there, with the sky on sale and lots of new people confused why they couldn't download. It's fixed as of this morning though! The download is working.
                  My Portfolio

                  Comment


                    Hey eedobaba I picked this up during the sale over the weekend, truly amazing work! Looking forward to using it on many projects. I have a question, I've placed it in my current project, changed some settings, read your great readme at the bottom of the details panel, etc. But for some reason I'm still getting the error 'Too many overlapping shadowed moveable lights, shadow casting disabled: Ultra_Dynamic_Sky_BP. Any insight to this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

                    Comment


                      This morning, I put up a little hotfix for the 4.24 version to address some big issues. Here are the changes:
                      • Fixed a bug which caused signifigant FPS drops on some projects
                      • Fixed directional light default settings which could cause an engine bug with bright gray flickering artifacts across the whole screen.

                      Originally posted by splicedimmersive View Post
                      Hey eedobaba I picked this up during the sale over the weekend, truly amazing work! Looking forward to using it on many projects. I have a question, I've placed it in my current project, changed some settings, read your great readme at the bottom of the details panel, etc. But for some reason I'm still getting the error 'Too many overlapping shadowed moveable lights, shadow casting disabled: Ultra_Dynamic_Sky_BP. Any insight to this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                      The new version of the sky has shadows enabled for both directional lights (sun and moon). Though by default, only one of them should be active at once. I'd recommend grabbing today's update. I think it's possible this is connected to the directional light issues that were just addressed.
                      My Portfolio

                      Comment


                        Someone noticed that during nighttime the exponentioal Height fog just go away (Unless you have volumetric fog enabled)?

                        Anyway to fix this? I think it is related to the inscattering fog which is driven by the curve color but so far I have no luck to make fog appear again...

                        Basically it'a "appear during dawn, sunset and day but not during night (unless you goes on Volumetric being something my project can't allow for Fps reason).

                        Also consider I am using World composition so the problem could be related to the z axis of the heightFog actor.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Lupoluke View Post
                          Someone noticed that during nighttime the exponentioal Height fog just go away (Unless you have volumetric fog enabled)?

                          Anyway to fix this? I think it is related to the inscattering fog which is driven by the curve color but so far I have no luck to make fog appear again...

                          Basically it'a "appear during dawn, sunset and day but not during night (unless you goes on Volumetric being something my project can't allow for Fps reason).

                          Also consider I am using World composition so the problem could be related to the z axis of the heightFog actor.
                          Is that in the old (up to 4.23) versions or the updated 4.24 version? Either way, by default it definitely shouldn't completely disable fog at night. It adjusts the fog color to coincide with changes of time of day, but it's not set up to ever go all the way black. I guess I would concur that it probably has to do with the Z height of the fog actor. I can't off the top of my head think of another clear cause for that.
                          My Portfolio

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by eedobaba View Post
                            This morning, I put up a little hotfix for the 4.24 version to address some big issues. [..]
                            The new version of the sky ..
                            Thanks for updating the plugin, however the new update with 4.24.2 gives me accessed none SKY_MID among a few other errors. It is not entirely clear if this is due to project cached content, but prior to your recent hot fix update there were no errors here with 4.24.1. I have removed the plugin for now, will test later again.
                            Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

                            Comment


                              Hi everyone, I am having issues with getting raytraced reflections and ray traced global illumination to work simultaneously when using the latest version of UltraDynamicSky. The screenshots below illustrate the problem.
                              It seems like the only way ray traced global illumination works is by having the skysphere not be visible in ray tracing but then, it causes the sky sphere to not be visible in the reflections. I need both reflections and GI working simultaneously. Please advise.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X