No announcement yet.

[SUBMITTED] Unfurnished Jane House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you actually have a really tall character. If you scrub back to post #20 where I compare the size to the default character, you'll see that the props match his size and height. Your character is just really tall. He looks like he's standing almost 7 and half foot tall.

For example:
    (NOTE: These screenshots were taken with the older props, but the scale is the same as the newer props.)

As you can see, the size of Epic's default character matches the size of those props. If I had to wager a guess, just in comparing the screenshots, your character is like seven plus feet tall. I mean to say, your character could play for the NBA. lol, that's kind of something you'll have to adjust the scale of the props to match your specific character though. I wouldn't be able to do anything about that on my end as I have to scale things to match the default character in order to provide more compatibility for the majority that's using characters sized more closely to the de facto that Epic has in place. Not a big deal though cause like you said, you can simply adjust the scale on most of them.

Glad you like it!

P.S. Gimme a little bit and I'll show a couple screenshots with one of my characters in it that matches the Unreal default character's size.
    Last edited by Nightasy; 07-16-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

lol... well youre right, that is my tallest playable char.... next to cars and other city props he looks pretty normal though.

Heres a few more with other chars.

Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
      | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

in reality in a real game, player isn't gonna stop and check relative size of each prop. Having it there in the background is more than enough (in my opinion) to not take away from the scene anyway. I still think the sinks just seem relatively small. Regardless of pure height of objects. The stove and fridge just seem small to me even with the epic character. Like I have a double sink in my kitchen, and I feel like each one is like almost the size of the two. Toilet seems like good height next to the other chars. Sink and bathtub in bathroom, still seem small to me.

It's minor stuff that can be scaled. The kitchen wallpaper is my favourite thing lol and that bathtub faucet.
        Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
        | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Right on,

Yea, the scale of your specific characters is always going to be a contributing factor. On my end as an asset developer I have to focus on making props scaled to real world size in order to make it as compatible as possible with the large market of users. Here's a few with one of my characters showing it's scale with a person standing roughly 5 foot, 10 and a half inches tall (about an average height for a woman in my own personal game project). Proportionally, she is scaled to the same size and physical makeup to that of Epics default character.

Last edited by Nightasy; 07-16-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X